Virginia game 2/22

Pretty unreal Virginia is nine spots better than Miami in the polls. Teams had the same dang record across the board. Now Miami one game better.

Great win. Let's pack the Buc on Saturday and close out the home slate with another big win!

Advertisement
Last thing...**** Jay Williams. His comments after the game. Shut your ******** mouth. Get off UVA's jock and learn that even if Angel did foul (which he didn't), UVA would have taken the ball out, not shot FTs.

What was up with that?!? He seemed to be visibly annoyed by Miami's win and didn't add any valuable analysis. The entire post-game segment was off.

While I usually think that Burke is quite good, I didn't think she was at her best tonight either. At least, Coach L's post-game interview with Sean and Doris was kind of entertaining.

By the way, heck of a game by Davon. Some clutch free throws at the end (4-4 overall), and 17 FG points on 8 FG attempts!?!! That's a quality game.

Pretty unreal Virginia is nine spots better than Miami in the polls. Teams had the same dang record across the board. Now Miami one game better.

Great win. Let's pack the Buc on Saturday and close out the home slate with another big win!
Lol what a horrible take from someone who clearly doesnt understand how basketball resumes and rankings work.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm curious but why doesn't Coach L have any players on the block when we are shooting free throws and it's a 1 and 1?

Just a guess, but it's probably to avoid getting called for a cheap foul off of a miss/set our defense

Lol what a horrible take from someone who clearly doesnt understand how basketball resumes and rankings work.

Not sure why this got down voted, its pretty accurate. They had 4 wins in Nova, WVU, Miami, and @Lou that were better than anything we had. And didn't have a loss to northeastern at home. This was one of the dumbest things I've seen on this board.

That was a fun one last night, boys.

I was so emotionally spent that I went right to bed afterwards.

**** of a bounce back by this team. WHEW!

Advertisement
The Night in Sports feb 22_659806961526.jpg

The Night in Sports feb 22 b_0.jpg

The Night in Sports feb 22-511767004_master.jpg

[]_[] swag;2500090 said:

Not sure why this got down voted, its pretty accurate. They had 4 wins in Nova, WVU, Miami, and @Lou that were better than anything we had. And didn't have a loss to northeastern at home. This was one of the dumbest things I've seen on this board.

Nine spots better? So Virginia has had some good wins.... They's also lost to four teams who probably won't make the tournament. Everyone knows the polls are an absolute joke. If Miami beats Louisville on Saturday then there is no way on Earth you could convince me Virginia deserves to be ranked higher than Miami, but we all know that will probably be the case.

No way UVA is the the 3rd best team in the country. The 3rd best team in the country doesn't lose to VTech, GAtech, FSU and George Washington.

Advertisement
I'm feeling a big game by Davon Reed tonight. We need him to step up with Newton likely out and Sheldon not 100%. Davon has the ability to take over a game and I'm sure he knows we need him to step up tonight.

Great call!

Thank you! Davon has the ability to be the go to guy and has taken a step back because of the talent we have. He knew we needed him more tonight. No disrespect to any of our players, but I trust Davon the most to come through at a critical part in the game.

[]_[] swag;2500090 said:

Nine spots better? So Virginia has had some good wins.... They's also lost to four teams who probably won't make the tournament. Everyone knows the polls are an absolute joke. If Miami beats Louisville on Saturday then there is no way on Earth you could convince me Virginia deserves to be ranked higher than Miami, but we all know that will probably be the case.

No way UVA is the the 3rd best team in the country. The 3rd best team in the country doesn't lose to VTech, GAtech, FSU and George Washington.

Lol I like how you just come up with some imaginary qualifications on what can and can not be the 3rd best team in the nation.

"Everyone knows the polls are a joke"... No surprisingly this is only something I see when I come to this homer infested board. Its really not hard to objectively look at other teams Resumes but people on this board feel the need to throw out random garbage like "3rd best team in the country doesn't lose to VTech, GAtech, FSU and George Washington" while completely ignoring what the actual over all resume looks like.

NCAA College Basketball RPI Team Comparison - CBSSports.com

[]_[] swag;2500090 said:

Lol I like how you just come up with some imaginary qualifications on what can and can not be the 3rd best team in the nation.

"Everyone knows the polls are a joke"... No surprisingly this is only something I see when I come to this homer infested board. Its really not hard to objectively look at other teams Resumes but people on this board feel the need to throw out random garbage like "3rd best team in the country doesn't lose to VTech, GAtech, FSU and George Washington" while completely ignoring what the actual over all resume looks like.

Lol you just linked a website that completely proves my point. Virginia No. 5, Miami No. 7 in RPI. Before the game I'm pretty sure it was No. 3 and No. 8, respectively. That's not a nine-spot difference between the two teams.

[]_[] swag;2500090 said:

Lol you just linked a website that completely proves my point. Virginia No. 5, Miami No. 7 in RPI. Before the game I'm pretty sure it was No. 3 and No. 8, respectively. That's not a nine-spot difference between the two teams.
RPI is not some end all be all statistic... Its just one of the many tools that are used to put together the rankings. Are you intentionally playing stupid?

Advertisement
Back