Virginia game 2/22

[]_[] swag;2500090 said:
Not sure why this got down voted, its pretty accurate. They had 4 wins in Nova, WVU, Miami, and @Lou that were better than anything we had. And didn't have a loss to northeastern at home. This was one of the dumbest things I've seen on this board.

Nine spots better? So Virginia has had some good wins.... They's also lost to four teams who probably won't make the tournament. Everyone knows the polls are an absolute joke. If Miami beats Louisville on Saturday then there is no way on Earth you could convince me Virginia deserves to be ranked higher than Miami, but we all know that will probably be the case.

No way UVA is the the 3rd best team in the country. The 3rd best team in the country doesn't lose to VTech, GAtech, FSU and George Washington.

Lol I like how you just come up with some imaginary qualifications on what can and can not be the 3rd best team in the nation.

"Everyone knows the polls are a joke"... No surprisingly this is only something I see when I come to this homer infested board. Its really not hard to objectively look at other teams Resumes but people on this board feel the need to throw out random garbage like "3rd best team in the country doesn't lose to VTech, GAtech, FSU and George Washington" while completely ignoring what the actual over all resume looks like.

NCAA College Basketball RPI Team Comparison - CBSSports.com

Lol you just linked a website that completely proves my point. Virginia No. 5, Miami No. 7 in RPI. Before the game I'm pretty sure it was No. 3 and No. 8, respectively. That's not a nine-spot difference between the two teams.
RPI is not some end all be all statistic... Its just one of the many tools that are used to put together the rankings. Are you intentionally playing stupid?

Am I playing stupid? You just tried to use the RPI as a base to your argument, then in the next post discredited it.

Bottom line, Miami just beat Virginia, splitting the season series and moving ahead in the ACC standings. Proof that the polls provided a little too big of a gap between UVA and Miami coming into the week.

Advertisement
Nine spots better? So Virginia has had some good wins.... They's also lost to four teams who probably won't make the tournament. Everyone knows the polls are an absolute joke. If Miami beats Louisville on Saturday then there is no way on Earth you could convince me Virginia deserves to be ranked higher than Miami, but we all know that will probably be the case.

No way UVA is the the 3rd best team in the country. The 3rd best team in the country doesn't lose to VTech, GAtech, FSU and George Washington.

Lol I like how you just come up with some imaginary qualifications on what can and can not be the 3rd best team in the nation.

"Everyone knows the polls are a joke"... No surprisingly this is only something I see when I come to this homer infested board. Its really not hard to objectively look at other teams Resumes but people on this board feel the need to throw out random garbage like "3rd best team in the country doesn't lose to VTech, GAtech, FSU and George Washington" while completely ignoring what the actual over all resume looks like.

Lol you just linked a website that completely proves my point. Virginia No. 5, Miami No. 7 in RPI. Before the game I'm pretty sure it was No. 3 and No. 8, respectively. That's not a nine-spot difference between the two teams.
RPI is not some end all be all statistic... Its just one of the many tools that are used to put together the rankings. Are you intentionally playing stupid?

Am I playing stupid? You just tried to use the RPI as a base to your argument, then in the next post discredited it.

Bottom line, Miami just beat Virginia, splitting the season series and moving ahead in the ACC standings. Proof that the polls provided a little too big of a gap between UVA and Miami coming into the week.
I posted a link that shows the over all resumes side by side... you are the idiot who is assuming RPI is the end all be all.

Bottom line, Miami just beat Virginia, and that has nothing at all to do with them being ranked higher in LAST weeks polls.

[]_[] swag;2500090 said:
Pretty unreal Virginia is nine spots better than Miami in the polls. Teams had the same dang record across the board. Now Miami one game better.

Great win. Let's pack the Buc on Saturday and close out the home slate with another big win!
Lol what a horrible take from someone who clearly doesnt understand how basketball resumes and rankings work.

Not sure why this got down voted, its pretty accurate. They had 4 wins in Nova, WVU, Miami, and @Lou that were better than anything we had. And didn't have a loss to northeastern at home. This was one of the dumbest things I've seen on this board.
Or to NC State. No we beat a high ranked team on our home court....and I'm pullimg for uva to beat UNC.

I posted a link that shows the over all resumes side by side... you are the idiot who is assuming RPI is the end all be all.

Bottom line, Miami just beat Virginia, and that has nothing at all to do with them being ranked higher in LAST weeks polls.

Looking at the resumes side by side, Virginia had a one-game advantage coming into Monday against the Top-50, and had two more losses against 51-100.

After watching the teams play twice this year, it's pretty foolish to think Virginia is easily a better team than Miami... And if you disagree with that after a season split in two very close games than you're just being a troll.

Advertisement
There is little difference between #1 and #1 5 this season

That's very true, and that's something I can live with. Hopefully though if Miami can beat Louisville on Saturday the Canes can get a little more respect in the polls. They would have earned it.

Advertisement
We won because of Davon Reed.....
That kind of hot shooting is what this team needs game after game from someone.
We play tenacious defense, make foul shots and have one hot shooter and we win.....

The game only came down to the wire because we couldn't hit FTs. Sheldon was 2-4 Newton was 2-4. We're a 75% FT shooting team, and we shot 60%. We make our FT and we win without sweating it out at the end.

Looking at the resumes side by side, Virginia had a one-game advantage coming into Monday against the Top-50, and had two more losses against 51-100.

After watching the teams play twice this year, it's pretty foolish to think Virginia is easily a better team than Miami... And if you disagree with that after a season split in two very close games than you're just being a troll.

I never said Virginia was easily a better team, but when the polls were released on Monday they easily had a better resume.

Advertisement
Murphy had his best game as a Cane. Great D and top notch rebounding. He deserves credit with Reed for putting the Canes on top. Angel needs more assists. FT shooting has been off the last couple games, kept UVa in the game. Tonye looked out of sorts on the boards. He is a far better re-bounder than he has been showing lately.

Tonye should not have been handling the ball on the inbound when UVa was going to foul. Reed should have been coming in to take the ball and Jekeri should have been up. Coach L made a rare mistake.

12744416_1059205240768056_178441972308538191_n.jpg

Murphy had his best game as a Cane. Great D and top notch rebounding. He deserves credit with Reed for putting the Canes on top. Angel needs more assists. FT shooting has been off the last couple games, kept UVa in the game. Tonye looked out of sorts on the boards. He is a far better re-bounder than he has been showing lately.

Tonye should not have been handling the ball on the inbound when UVa was going to foul. Reed should have been coming in to take the ball and Jekeri should have been up. Coach L made a rare mistake.

I cringed when Tonye touched that ball and was fouled. At least he made the first FT -- it would have been a disaster if he had missed, since we were only in the single bonus. (Same with Newton by the way). Coach L freely acknowledged the mistake in his post-game interview. He said he thought UVa would not foul and would instead look to play defense and get the ball at the end of our possession -- there were 37 seconds left in the game at the time. Gotta give credit to UVa -- curious if they would have fouled Sheldon, but when Tonye touched the ball, fouling him was not a bad decision.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back