Virginia fan absurd comments about Miami

Some time back, I had given serious consideration to a position open at UVA Medical Center. Then the whole protest thing happened. I stayed here in S. FL as a result. I don't want to be anywhere near people who are so offended by a statue that they need to annoy everyone around them nor do I want to be anywhere near people who are offended by people who aren't white.

Advertisement
Terrible.

Miami was just about the times and letting the players be who they were.... to judge them and say what he did brings down his own team because they are cut from the same cloth. None of them are all choir boys who abstain from “sexual movement dances”

Advertisement
I am fully aware of what happened there, I also know many if not most on both sides were not from there. It was shameful and a bad day for this country, but to broad brush a race, or town is going backwards not forward. To race bate goes backwards not forward.

I agree w u; but I believe the anger or the name calling stemmed from that fan’s comments. They were, indeed, racist. With the town’s history, not just 2017, but since its foundation back in 1762, it’s had a problem w its views of African Americans.

But to your point, regardless, we can’t broad stroke everyone who may be from that town or label them in such a way; however, it amazes me how African American and Latin-Americans are often broad stroked by racist Caucasians, but the moment others do the same, ppl take great offense. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Last edited:
BTW, I'm white as fvck. But keeps sticking up for a town that has a history of white supremacy.

I don't really care what color you are, that does not matter to me. Racism and racist names has no place in this country. I am not sticking up for Charlottesville, I am saying to not broad brush people with racist names. It just serves to divide and take us back to a place we do not need to go.

Is their racism in this country, yes, but it is not just the south or Charlottesville. It is an issue nation wide and is shameful that we cannot come together as one.

Advertisement
Someone should remind them that their college town is mainly known for white supremacists.

Judge not...
Not defending the original comment about Miami, but I live in Charlottesville and although I hate the pompous fans and team this is far from a racist town. The white supremacists came in from out of town, terrorized the campus and someone died standing up to them

I agree w u; but I believe the anger or the name calling stemmed due to that fan’s comments. They were, indeed, racist. With the town’s history, not just 2017, but since its foundation back in 1762, it’s had a problem w its views of African Americans.

But to your point, regardless, we can’t broad stroke everyone who may be from that town or label them in such a way; however, it amazes me how African American and Latin-Americans are often broad stroked by racist Caucasians, but the moment others do the same, ppl take great offense. 🤷🏾‍♂️

I agree 100% and the UVA guy was a ignorant racist. As a Miami fan since the 70's I have seen a lot with this team, but many great young men. I love the us against the world, but get ****ed at the thugs because it is generally associated with skin color.

Grew up in Dade and moved north in FL, saw a lot of racism growning up. Met a lot of people of different backgrounds, religions and colors. We are all the same for the most part, just trying to have a good life. To see and hear what my friends have to go through though is shameful. Times have changed, but not enough. However, anyone using racism is just part of the issue, even in retaliation.

I kind of like it in some sick sort of way. Now everyone knows what he is and it's all because of a football game. I find it hilarious to be honest. Dude outed himself as a POS over a football game he had nothing to do with.
His racism was bound to come out at some point. It seems these days that racists can't help themselves.

Advertisement
Not defending the original comment about Miami, but I live in Charlottesville and although I hate the pompous fans and team this is far from a racist town. The white supremacists came in from out of town, terrorized the campus and someone died standing up to them
I'm aware that things get painted the way the news wants to present it. It just helped me realize how good we have it down here other than traffic, August, and the occasional hurricane.

"drug dealer chain" So I guess he thinks all Cubans are drug dealers. What a f#@%$$#ing stuck up racist.

Advertisement
Someone should remind them that their college town is mainly known for white supremacists.

Judge not...
They’re mostly not white supremacists there, they definitely were against that stuff in Charlottesville though this guy is representative of a portion of their fan base, but they’re really just a bunch of dorks. My ex-wife went there, believe me... I saw the friends.
:geek:

Advertisement
Back