Vinny Testaverde

I ate so much **** from my friends and random people in my all Irish neighborhood back in Chicago at the time. I **** you not those Domer ******* were loving them some Oklahoma that week....Funny thing, after the game, I couldn't get much eye contact out of any of those people.
Irvin was a Freshman in 85....Starting RBs were Warren Williams and Highsmith....backups were Bratton and Darryl Oliver if I remember correctly...Lol...JC Penney was also a backup RB...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s not his birthday, but this is his anniversary. On this day, Vinny changed the NFL & sports forever. Exactly 24 yrs ago, Vinny scored a phantom TD on a 4th & goal that eliminated the Seahawks from the playoffs. He was short by a yard, but the line judge & referee called him in. The next season, instant replay as we know it today was implemented.

Congrats Vinny for changing, not only the NFL, but sports as a whole regarding replays, as other entities followed the NFL lead eventually.

Jimmy Johnson let this guy overrule him on several big playcalls against Penn State. Cost us a National Title. Johnson says it was the biggest mistake he ever made as a coach.

Great athlete, not a smart QB.

Kosar was the opposite.

Advertisement
Jimmy Johnson let this guy overrule him on several big playcalls against Penn State. Cost us a National Title. Johnson says it was the biggest mistake he ever made as a coach.

Great athlete, not a smart QB.

Kosar was the opposite.
That's absolutely not true....he did not call plays...he kept going over to JJ begging him to keep throwing, and JJ relented each time. I've spoke to Butch about this many times.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back