Vincent Davis, Jr., RB, Cardinal Gibbons

Advertisement
His balance and feet are something else. Think he's best as a slot/motion runner. A creative run spread OC can have some fun with him.

Advertisement
Unreal film..First three or four TD's are something I've never seen before...Awesome...Take a kid with this ability and worry about the plug-in later...

This is the kind of kid we miss out on every cycle and he ends up at North Carolina or NC State and gives us ****..!!!
I say he would be a take, he's a scat back who can make alot of plays out of the backfield. Imagine having him and Lingod lined up together, they wouldn't know who's taking it for 80 yards!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Interesting back on a loaded Gibbons team. Breaks a ton of tackles who was timed at 10.9 as a sophomore. Starting to get Power 5 offers with many more on the way.

I can see a school like Nebraska, running that Chip Kelly offense, coming after him hard.
I would take him.
I don't know or care how big or small he is, he is a playmaker.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I can see a school like Nebraska, running that Chip Kelly offense, coming after him hard.
I would take him.
I don't how big or small he is, he is a playmaker.

Wanted to get this out about Vinny, and Khris as well. Both came to Gibbons well behind in their academics, it wasnt that they were incapable of getting the work done, they were just so far behind in the amount of education they received at their prior schools. Instead of coasting on their athletic ability, and doing the bare minimum, instead they went every tuesday and thursday and received extra tutoring (this was not mandated by Dubuc) and caught up very quickly.
I know this is a football board and we just want to know how well the excel on the field, which they obviously do, but they also are very humble, respectful young men. My parent teaches at Gibbons and had them both in class. (S)he had nothing but overwhelming positive things to say about the both of them. They show up to class: on time, in uniform, with assignments completed on time, and most of all show the utmost respect in class and outside the classroom. Its just me but i think thats important when recruiting kids to your program. Yes RJ left early, despite some of us thinking it wasnt the decision. But he was never a problem at Miami and performed well above his HS ranking.

That being said Oklahoma is recruiting Vinny the hardest and as on now thats who he favors

*side note on Khris
Hes a very good basketball player and that will play a factor in his recruitment. I doubt Saban or Smart will allow him to play basketball, maybe Richt wont either. But Ive used the Peppers comparison to Bogle, and he had a down year on the court this year, but he had his best game againt Calvery (think he had 38 or something like that). Kid is a big time player in big games.

Wanted to get this out about Vinny, and Khris as well. Both came to Gibbons well behind in their academics, it wasnt that they were incapable of getting the work done, they were just so far behind in the amount of education they received at their prior schools. Instead of coasting on their athletic ability, and doing the bare minimum, instead they went every tuesday and thursday and received extra tutoring (this was not mandated by Dubuc) and caught up very quickly.
I know this is a football board and we just want to know how well the excel on the field, which they obviously do, but they also are very humble, respectful young men. My parent teaches at Gibbons and had them both in class. (S)he had nothing but overwhelming positive things to say about the both of them. They show up to class: on time, in uniform, with assignments completed on time, and most of all show the utmost respect in class and outside the classroom. Its just me but i think thats important when recruiting kids to your program. Yes RJ left early, despite some of us thinking it wasnt the decision. But he was never a problem at Miami and performed well above his HS ranking.

That being said Oklahoma is recruiting Vinny the hardest and as on now thats who he favors

*side note on Khris
Hes a very good basketball player and that will play a factor in his recruitment. I doubt Saban or Smart will allow him to play basketball, maybe Richt wont either. But Ive used the Peppers comparison to Bogle, and he had a down year on the court this year, but he had his best game againt Calvery (think he had 38 or something like that). Kid is a big time player in big games.

Good stuff.
Thanks for sharing.

*side note on Khris
Great to hear things like this.

His balance and feet are something else. Think he's best as a slot/motion runner. A creative run spread OC can have some fun with him.

Agree. I just don't see him as a big-time college back unless he adds some size. Part of what makes him elusive while making people miss tackles is that quickness, size, and speed. Next level though, he gets wrapped up on a lot of those runs.

Advertisement
Back