Views from the other sideline

So basically, the FAMU towel boy gave just as much insight about this miami "team" as everyone else who watched the game

Advertisement
So FAMU equipment guy is an expert on UM football?
You would probably get more cred on here if you just said that this was your take versus FAMU equipment guy.
Come on man.

The point is, the equipment guy can see what we've all been seeing for years, but it was just his brief exposure that was interesting.

I go with the equipment over you. Every time. He's got no dog in this hunt.

Advertisement
Advertisement
FSU has to be praying that we keep Golden and Florida holds onto Muschamp.

Muschamp beat the noles with zero offense.

He needs to beat our #1 rival though. And this offense needs to improve or he needs to GTFO (and he will if that doesn't happen)

Last edited:
Hey tork...

You guys are poorly coached. It is obvious to anyone...well almost anyone, i suppose.

but by all means, keep mushchamp.

Hey now, the gators are doin big things this year. Didn't they just beat a directional michigan team? Lol

scored over 50 points for the first time -- against any opponent -- since 2011. Doesn't mean much but its a glimer of hope that our offense is not as bad as its been.

Bad idea for buddy to say those things. That's bulletin board material for the next time we play them.

Just spoke with friend from high school. He sells peanuts and ******* Jacks in Sections 102 thru 106. On the job since the mid 80s. Has seen the glory days and the depressive state dating back to the last of the Coker years. His take on where we're at:
-- Team is not as good as it used to be
-- Quarterback plays like a true freshman, but has promise
-- Team doesn't have the fire of those from past years
-- Even with added pounds, Duke looks too much outside rather than sticking his head aggresively in a hole
-- Offensive line looks better than it plays
-- Really down on special teams play - Goudis and long snapper, in particular - and wants the coordinator's head
-- Wonders why both Coleys disappear during games
-- Finally says fans in his sections only show up for big games, often thanks to the opposition buying up tickets . . . and worse, tip like they're still in the '80s.

Advertisement
Dumbest post ever!

Spreading the opinion of the got-**** equipment manager. While we are at it, what did FAMU's band director think about our cheerleaders? I'd like his opinion.

Far from being the dumbest post ever, in fact yours may rank even higher. Tossing towels around the place, getting lockers ready, or whatever....I'd bet he knows far more about FAMU than you and is actually around football daily. Taking the OP to task for sharing something no matter how insightful or not, pure ******ry.

When asked to comment on the new #renewed jerseys, the FAMU equipment guy said:

-I think there's just the right amount of Klams. You think about it and, 4 or 5 Klams might just not be enough, and 10 is definitely too many, but 6 Klams hits right in that sweet spot for a logo that was summarily dismissed by the fanbase years ago, only to be forced upon us by Nike and our dip**** athletic department.

-You look at Miami, amazingly, you don't see a team that is that fast. Could it be the pants being worn below the knees? Says if he was equipment manager, he'd look into it.

-Says that even though we suck schematically in all three phases of the game, those black cleats are #trendingup.

Advertisement
Hey tork...

You guys are poorly coached. It is obvious to anyone...well almost anyone, i suppose.

Hey now, the gators are doin big things this year. Didn't they just beat a directional michigan team? Lol

scored over 50 points for the first time -- against any opponent -- since 2011. Doesn't mean much but its a glimer of hope that our offense is not as bad as its been.

You just beat a team that FAMU would score 50 against. That's not a glimmer.

I have a friend who works on the FAMU equipment team and he has been around FAMU program his whole life. he has seen all the beatdowns in person Miami has given Famu as well as Ohio ST, Oklahoma and a lot others. so i wanted to get his prospective from this years team compares to previous years. here is the notes he gave me TIFWIW:

-Offensively they look as if they're having a hard time moving the ball. Gotta take advantage of a teams weakness.

-Duke Johnson isn't as shifty as before. The QB needs more time learning the offense.

- on the defensive side their coverage ability isn't good. The line didn't apply too much pressure. Not aggressive enough

- the qb can be somebody with the proper training. Idk if it's the offensive coordinator or what but that wasn't Miami

- we had 2 INTs on defense so that says something. We made a couple big plays on that secondary. Golden could be gone soon

His Prediction after looking at the schedule

- 4-8 or 6-6. Nothing over 6 wins

He added:

-and that special teams looks to be a issue. Two games two touchdowns

I then said Al Golden is the special teams coach

His response:

-wth they suck

We suck but LOL at those notes.

I have a friend who works on the FAMU equipment team and he has been around FAMU program his whole life. he has seen all the beatdowns in person Miami has given Famu as well as Ohio ST, Oklahoma and a lot others. so i wanted to get his prospective from this years team compares to previous years. here is the notes he gave me TIFWIW:

-Offensively they look as if they're having a hard time moving the ball. Gotta take advantage of a teams weakness.

-Duke Johnson isn't as shifty as before. The QB needs more time learning the offense.

- on the defensive side their coverage ability isn't good. The line didn't apply too much pressure. Not aggressive enough

- the qb can be somebody with the proper training. Idk if it's the offensive coordinator or what but that wasn't Miami

- we had 2 INTs on defense so that says something. We made a couple big plays on that secondary. Golden could be gone soon

His Prediction after looking at the schedule

- 4-8 or 6-6. Nothing over 6 wins

He added:

-and that special teams looks to be a issue. Two games two touchdowns

I then said Al Golden is the special teams coach

His response:

-wth they suck

But................, the extra weight is going to prepare him for the NFL and enable him to carry 20+ carries a game and will have more durability in the 4 th qt in the trenches !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My asss to you soft shoulder *** fans... Duke is not duke,, plain and simple!
Duke was a bad man in his Fr year!! Waste of ****ing "once in a decade" talent!!

You're really going to take FAMU equipment guy's word as gospel and get this mad?

Hey tork...

You just beat a team that FAMU would score 50 against. That's not a glimmer.

No and yes it is a glimmer. When you watched our offense for the past 4 years anything that looks semi functional is a glimmer. Has nothing to do with the opponent but how the team looked. There was actual coherent playcalling. I haven't seen that in a long long time. This was not a test of our capability, obviously...that will come...but the offense functioned. That is a huge step forward.

And treon give some glimmer for the future. Kid throws a pretty ball.

Advertisement
Back