Off-Topic Vidja Games...Whatcha playin'?

So for those of you with a next gen console - do you regret the purchase?

I haven't seen any worthwhile next gen games come out. I know there's always a lag between generations, but I can't see myself being in any rush to get a PS5 (I'm a Sony fan boy) with the lack of games to play on it.
I got it because I wanted to have one and let it sit there until stuff comes out, just to be safe. Because in these days, you never know when the next chance at getting one will be.

That requires some patience, obviously, but I dont regret the purchase. Horizon is out soon, so is Gran Turismo 7, so I will be busy enough.

Advertisement
I got it because I wanted to have one and let it sit there until stuff comes out, just to be safe. Because in these days, you never know when the next chance at getting one will be.

That requires some patience, obviously, but I dont regret the purchase. Horizon is out soon, so is Gran Turismo 7, so I will be busy enough.
Thanks for the reply.

I couldn't justify dropping £500 on something that is just going to sit there. Especially considering the shortages of PS5s.

Once games that I'm interested in come out that are purpose built for the next gen consoles I'll consider it.

I plan to get both PS5 and XBOX X once they become available. Both will probably be the last consoles i buy. I’ll probably look into PC in a few years. My cousin, who’s a gaming freak, swears by PC, and as well as @LeedsCane who suggest I switch to PC as well.

I plan to get both PS5 and XBOX X once they become available. Both will probably be the last consoles i buy. I’ll probably look into PC in a few years. My cousin, who’s a gaming freak, swears by PC, and as well as @LeedsCane who suggest I switch to PC as well.
I also have a PC but I havent played on it much lately. Looking to finally playthrough Oblivion (starting today lol) and then going to Skyrim.

Advertisement
I've got a decent PC capable of playing my strategy / cRPG games - anything more demanding than that I wait to play on the console.

I've got a decent PC capable of playing my strategy / cRPG games - anything more demanding than that I wait to play on the console.
I have a gaming laptop that I only ever use to play 4x games like Civilization and Humankind. Other than that I’d rather play on console

Advertisement
Boy are you about to be in a time sink
I have a gaming laptop that I only ever use to play 4x games like Civilization and Humankind. Other than that I’d rather play on console
I just got CK3 on my gaming laptop. Ill start playing and next thing you now 2-3 hours have gone by before I realize it. Ive made my self a rule that I cant play it before bed if I have to get up the next morning.

Been playing CoD Vanguard on Ps5. Excited to pick up Elden Ring next month, then take a new trip down old memory lane with the new Gran Turismo.

Advertisement
I actually saw someone on Reddit lose a ****load of weight playing Civilization 4 by building a small "table" on his treadmill, placing his laptop and his mouse on there.

Its actually ******* smart to do that, because Civilization is a long *** game to play.

So for those of you with a next gen console - do you regret the purchase?

I haven't seen any worthwhile next gen games come out. I know there's always a lag between generations, but I can't see myself being in any rush to get a PS5 (I'm a Sony fan boy) with the lack of games to play on it.
Absolutely not. I finally got a PS5 and love it.

I finally had a younger co-worker who was more adept in the twitter verse and knew when restocks would come in to get me one.

I know the exclusives will come, but not worried about it. Gran Turismo was my life growing up on the PS and PS2 and I always enjoyed collecting all the cars.

Also excited they are remaking Star Wars KoToR for PS5 and PC and another SW game called “Eclipse”.

The graphics on PS5 are amazing and I’m embarrassed to admit my tv isn’t even a 4K. The load times are non-existent.

I went all out and bought the black plates from D-plates with the Damascus (from CoD MW) hologram in the center. Also purchased a very expensive 2 TB SSD from WD.

There will be tons of games coming out. I’m mainly interested in: Horizon Forbidden West, Gran Turismo, Elden Ring, and Marvel Midnight Suns. I may pick up Sifu or Forspoken if I have time.

I’m gonna drive the **** outta a bunch of cars on Gran Turismo! I’m usually all about performance parts, but was stoked when I saw an article where they allowed us to equip “wide-body” kits on some of the cars. Looking forward to affording and customizing my own Nissan GT-R.

Advertisement
Absolutely not. I finally got a PS5 and love it.

I finally had a younger co-worker who was more adept in the twitter verse and knew when restocks would come in to get me one.

I know the exclusives will come, but not worried about it. Gran Turismo was my life growing up on the PS and PS2 and I always enjoyed collecting all the cars.

Also excited they are remaking Star Wars KoToR for PS5 and PC and another SW game called “Eclipse”.

The graphics on PS5 are amazing and I’m embarrassed to admit my tv isn’t even a 4K. The load times are non-existent.

I went all out and bought the black plates from D-plates with the Damascus (from CoD MW) hologram in the center. Also purchased a very expensive 2 TB SSD from WD.

There will be tons of games coming out. I’m mainly interested in: Horizon Forbidden West, Gran Turismo, Elden Ring, and Marvel Midnight Suns. I may pick up Sifu or Forspoken if I have time.
I was mindblown by the loadtimes of the new Ratchet and Clank game. Its an exclusive title with insane graphics and it barely loads at all.

I was mindblown by the loadtimes of the new Ratchet and Clank game. Its an exclusive title with insane graphics and it barely loads at all.
I know it got great reviews, but I didn’t pick that one up. I can’t ever get off my FPS fix. I beat Demons Souls, played Godfall for a bit, and Spider-Man is sitting on the shelf.

Demons Souls is next on my list.
Its definitely a challenge and that is an understatement. I hadn’t played any of the series, dark souls, etc. my brother told me I was a ***** if I didn’t beat it. His crazy *** beat the most recent God of War on “god of war mode” etc.

If you like Demons Souls, Elden Ring looks amazing. Same guy and George RR Martin did some of the story.

Advertisement
Back