Off-Topic Vidja Games...Whatcha playin'?

1.) Agree with advice on not buying Alienware/Dell. They can **** off.

2.) If you can't wait until November, consider buying a gaming laptop used at the pawn shop. Depreciation on gaming pcs can be heavy.

3.) Go for specs/durability. Laptops take a lot of wear. Particulary wih heat. And once stuff breaks, they can be a nightmare to fix.

4.) Wait until November 2021 for tower build. New GPU/CPU will be on sale.

When you do your tower build, pm me.

PS - Intel/Nvidia.

AMD has the performance advantage *right now*, bur Intel and Nvidia make better components. I've worked with both.

Heres a time lapse video I did years ago helping some former friends build one their pcs. If you don't know which one I am, I can't help you. xD

Last edited:
Advertisement
I wish I had the patience but I’m to much of a spur of the moment guy when it comes to electronics and video games, and I won’t be satisfied until I scratch that itch. I would have went to Best Buy today if they weren’t closed.

That’s my price range because that’s basically what I’m going to sell the Mac for. I want to get the laptop now because come October/November I will have been slowed down and that’s when I plan to build a pc, along with a getting next gen console. That’s to much at one time for me.
Then I would go with what @TerragonSix posted. Go with a used one to save some money since it is short term and as far as a new rig and a next gen console? I am biased but unless you are hellbent on playing some specific console exclusives? You should not need both. A high end PC (especially Nvidia given the 3000 series specs) will embarrass anything the next gen consoles can produce, 1080p, 1440p and 4K... Plus they should be capable of 8K, which I promise you the XSX and the PS5 will never be able to offer without serious compromises. ****, I doubt they will even get 144FPS at 1080p let alone anything higher.. You can take that to the bank. (Not trying to sound elitist, just going by the confirmed specs and the words of Microsoft ‘up to 120 frames per second gaming’) oh and feel free to ask for my help as well when you decide to do your PC build. I love assisting 😄

Random but I’m currently in the middle of playing every Pokémon game from start to finish starting with yellow. I still own the original games as well as every generation of game boy and the ds and switch as well. I’ve traded across my own game boys to complete my Pokédex before lol
Have you played Sword and Shield? If so, which and would you have rather played the opposite one?? Oh also nice to see you again SouthPark! How have things been for you? It’s lovely to have you checking out this thread again 😄😄

Advertisement
Have you played Sword and Shield? If so, which and would you have rather played the opposite one?? Oh also nice to see you again SouthPark! How have things been for you? It’s lovely to have you checking out this thread again 😄😄
Lol I check the thread out periodically. Things have been good! I went with Shield because my rule of thumb for all Pokémon games growing up was get the less popular one because inevitably they became the better game to have. I had all the Pokémon my friends needed so people literally rushed to trade with me. I always had a completed Pokédex.

1.) Agree with advice on not buying Alienware/Dell. They can **** off.

2.) If you can't wait until November, consider buying a gaming laptop used at the pawn shop. Depreciation on gaming pcs can be heavy.

3.) Go for specs/durability. Laptops take a lot of wear. Particulary wih heat. And once stuff breaks, they can be a nightmare to fix.

4.) Wait until November 2021 for tower build. New GPU/CPU will be on sale.

When you do your tower build, pm me.

PS - Intel/Nvidia.

AMD has the performance advantage *right now*, bur Intel and Nvidia make better components. I've worked with both.

Heres a time lapse video I did years ago helping some former friends build one their pcs. If you don't know which one I am, I can't help you. xD

Then I would go with what @TerragonSix posted. Go with a used one to save some money since it is short term and as far as a new rig and a next gen console? I am biased but unless you are hellbent on playing some specific console exclusives? You should not need both. A high end PC (especially Nvidia given the 3000 series specs) will embarrass anything the next gen consoles can produce, 1080p, 1440p and 4K... Plus they should be capable of 8K, which I promise you the XSX and the PS5 will never be able to offer without serious compromises. ****, I doubt they will even get 144FPS at 1080p let alone anything higher.. You can take that to the bank. (Not trying to sound elitist, just going by the confirmed specs and the words of Microsoft ‘up to 120 frames per second gaming’) oh and feel free to ask for my help as well when you decide to do your PC build. I love assisting 😄
Thanks for the advice. You guys helped me big time. I’ve narrowed my choices down to the HP Omen (I7, 16GB, RTX 260, 512GB SSD, over my original budget but if that value is worth it, so be it), Lenovo Legion 5 (I7, 8GB, 1660TI, 512GB SSD) and the HP Pavilion (I5, 8GB, 1660TI, 512 GB SSD+32 GB Octane)

Definitely appreciate the advice on not really needing a pc and console. I was already thinking it would be overkill. I’m going to try and just stick to the pc, but I already know I’m such an impulsive buyer with technology, that I’ll end up getting a console to play something like Spiderman or MLB The Show. I got you guys booked marked so that I can hit y’all up when I build my tower.

I never get pass just updating the PS4 to the latest version then it’s time to go do adult responsibilities.
I feel you. Luckily for me, I don’t have kids yet, and all my hanging out days are pretty much over. It’s work, sports, and video games for me. I’d rather sit home on a Friday or Saturday night and game or watch sports then hangout seeing the same ole people doing the same ole thing. I’ve also been at the wrong place at the wrong time too many times. Whenever I start talking to a female, I tell them off rip, I spend my time watching and going to sports events, and gaming. If that’s a problem, let me know now before we go any further.

Lol I check the thread out periodically. Things have been good! I went with Shield because my rule of thumb for all Pokémon games growing up was get the less popular one because inevitably they became the better game to have. I had all the Pokémon my friends needed so people literally rushed to trade with me. I always had a completed Pokédex.
Awesome! Glad to hear it. Yeah, I just have so many games coming up to help the channel with but when the holidays are done and the Winter lull comes I will absolutely go with Shield! I wanted to anyways because of the Ponyta exclusive but I needed a push, thanks for being that ❤️ Still on track with your Swiss (I think) and UK plans??

Advertisement
Thanks for the advice. You guys helped me big time. I’ve narrowed my choices down to the HP Omen (I7, 16GB, RTX 260, 512GB SSD, over my original budget but if that value is worth it, so be it), Lenovo Legion 5 (I7, 8GB, 1660TI, 512GB SSD) and the HP Pavilion (I5, 8GB, 1660TI, 512 GB SSD+32 GB Octane)

Definitely appreciate the advice on not really needing a pc and console. I was already thinking it would be overkill. I’m going to try and just stick to the pc, but I already know I’m such an impulsive buyer with technology, that I’ll end up getting a console to play something like Spiderman or MLB The Show. I got you guys booked marked so that I can hit y’all up when I build my tower.
HP Omen would be my pick out of those but let me show you an awesome website for you to quickly compare GPUs https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-2060-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1660-Ti/4034vs4037 succinctly put; I would never recommend a 1660 Ti. Ever. The 2060 beats it handily and you also get twice the RAM in that HP Omen laptop. 16 gig will let you run anything you want without penalty and some resource-hoggers on the side if you must. The biggest bottleneck would be your HDD but if you are someone who installs and uninstalls based on what you are playing? It should be fine. How much over your budget is that Omen? Because it’s easily worth a couple hundred extra on the RAM and GPU improvement alone.

Awesome! Glad to hear it. Yeah, I just have so many games coming up to help the channel with but when the holidays are done and the Winter lull comes I will absolutely go with Shield! I wanted to anyways because of the Ponyta exclusive but I needed a push, thanks for being that ❤️ Still on track with your Swiss (I think) and UK plans??
Oh for sure. I’m going no matter what next year. They only thing that put those plans off was Covid and even still I wanted to go admittedly. But I hardly ever get any time off I work in the medical field. I’ve been reading your posts on the avengers and I’m excited for it

Advertisement
Oh for sure. I’m going no matter what next year. They only thing that put those plans off was Covid and even still I wanted to go admittedly. But I hardly ever get any time off I work in the medical field. I’ve been reading your posts on the avengers and I’m excited for it
I am glad to know you are! Remember to take pictures!! I cannot wait to share more about Avengers, I’ll have follow-ups in the next two weeks when the full game NDA expires but make sure to get into the beta if your preordered starting tomorrow or next weekend for everyone. The progress between betas carries over but not to the full game (obviously)

Lmao!

I'm chilling in arx because I just can't being myself to finish.
Phenomenal game. Cannot wait for Baldur’s Gate 3. Take your time though, Arx is awesome and the game does really accelerate from there so you don’t want to rush through it!

Advertisement
51OmOlsTmoL._SX466_.jpg

Advertisement
Back