Off-Topic Vidja Games...Whatcha playin'?

Aye congrats on the house! Ive been needing to look into sound cards when i built mine I got accessory poor real quick.

What do you plan on doing with the new system just workstation?

I was also super against rgb until it grew on me. I had a solid white build without rgb before this one. But I like that I can sync all my colors to miami colors on game day.

Living room entertainment rig.

Nothing wrong with fancy lights and pretty cases, just not really my thing. I've found at night the neon is a bit of a distraction for me as well.

We will see on the next case. Orange/Green might be coming. :)

Advertisement
NCAA 14 I'm season 6 with Manny and the updated roster for 19 season. There all my guys I've recruited now. Going to upload the new roster in the near future and start over. A few years back someone had some new graphics and mods. It made the game a little newer. Definitely the one handed OBJ catch was not on the original ps3 game when it was releasedin 13. They also breakdown how to do the playoffs during bowl season using a flash drive and a desktop. Operations Sports. The latest ball team you could upload was the 17-18 squad for 2009 ncaa basketball.

NCAA 14 I'm season 6 with Manny and the updated roster for 19 season. There all my guys I've recruited now. Going to upload the new roster in the near future and start over. A few years back someone had some new graphics and mods. It made the game a little newer. Definitely the one handed OBJ catch was not on the original ps3 game when it was releasedin 13. They also breakdown how to do the playoffs during bowl season using a flash drive and a desktop. Operations Sports. The latest ball team you could upload was the 17-18 squad for 2009 ncaa basketball.

I still got a copy. My last save, the Canes had 5 peated. xD

I was going to buy scum....but heard rust is the better of the two
Rust has definitely been in development much longer. I haven’t played rust, but I’ve seen a bunch of it. Scum seems to me, to be much more of a simulation. It’s hard to explain. I’d do some YouTube / twitch watching if you’re on the fence. I’m having a blast. Almost 200 hours in.

Advertisement
Is it really? Wish I hadn’t opened mine, it’s probably be worth more!
Yes sir. The playstation one is worth quite a bit less but still more than you would think. Its my favorite find in most thrift stores. They think it's an old trash video game so its marked 3.99. Make 120 bucks every time.

Welcome back! Today is part two of my Square Enix’s Marvel Avenger’s character first impressions and breakdown, while we wait for Sony to hopefully stop being corporate gangsters with their Spider-Man exclusivity in the game, let’s talk about Peter Parker’s mentor:

Iron Man

Oh my God... All I can say is I feel Crystal Dynamics nailed him. I admit that I played him far less than Black Widow, mostly because I was having so much fun with her but Iron Man just feels **** good. The sounds, the animations, I forgot at times that I wasn’t watching a cutscene and I had full control. I love how they made him this interesting melee/*ranged* hybrid by integrating his repulsor blasts into his melee. He never really seems to ‘melee’ when he uses his repulsors he just does a ton of really cool poses and fires off those iconic blasts at every enemy you want to. It still feels like melee but with all the flaand brash ****iness you expect from Tony Stark. It feels badass, you feel like Iron Man. As with every character, he also has the ability to combo both his light and heavy attacks and have finishers that use gadgets of his straight from the movies and comics. Two personal favourites of mine are his chest RT which is just as cool as when Iron Man uses it in the MCU and the wrist laser beams that he spins around and uses to do massive AoE or cleave damage. Any fan of Iron Man I truly think will be very happy and satisfied with playing him. I know I was.

[Melee]

Heavy Attack - Repulsor gloves, fists, chest RT

Light Attack - Single repulsor glove, fists

Flight/Hover

Dodge

(I did not notice a block for him)

Ability 1

Ability 2

Super/Ultimate/R (Hulkbuster was available)

[Ranged]

Heavy Attack - sustained chest RT more prominent, supplemented by repulsor glove usage, both hands

Light Attack - Single repuslor glove, short-burst chest RT

(please feel free to ask any questions about either Black Widow or Iron Man and @me to comment, thank you for reading! Tomorrow we will go over a character that certainly ‘grew’ on me the more I played him and I felt like a genius and a monster at the same time!)

Well, the NDA has officially ended so I thought I would drop a few professional first impressions of the upcoming Marvel’s Avengers beta, courtesy of Polygon, Screenrant and Gamespot. My impressions are somewhat more fangirl’d than theirs but for the most part they line up and Polygon in particular goes through the loot and more RPG elements a lot better than I could have so enjoy these as well everyone!

Advertisement
Today is part three of my Marvel’s Avengers hero first impressions. I am so excited by us landing Leonard Taylor that I cannot think straight and I am thankful I typed these notes up a while ago... Which will make more sense tomorrow when we go over Thor (who I had access to) and not Ms. Marvel, who is actually in the beta. I assume they made this swap because there is already so much information out about Thor and so little known about Ms. Marvel that Crystal Dynamics really wanted to show her off but, with my ramble over, let’s smash with the Worldbreaker himself:

Hulk

Did you ever play that old PlayStation game ‘RAMPAGE!’? Well, think of Hulk like a character ripped straight from that game. He controls like a walking tank, he moves like a bipedal rhinoceros and he destroys basically anything he comes into contact with. The game’s environmental impact is really on full display when Hulk is being played and he in turn uses the full display of the game’s environment to further augment both his play style and kit. Both seem a bit limited on the surface but his ability to wield vehicles, power poles and any enemy (even defeated mini-bosses) as unique and different ‘weapons’ means that he goes from one-dimensional HULK SMASH! to a deep and engaging theorycrafter’s dream. Truly, this Hulk is the embodiment of Bruce Banner becoming Hulk; simplistic, brutal and flat out dumb on the outside but underneath? Elegant, sophisticated, thought-provoking and extremely intelligent. By far, Hulk took the most getting used to, if you actually wanted to use his full kit. Now, don’t get me wrong! Smashing things and throwing cars never got old, at all. However, learning when and where to pick up certain objects, which enemies made for the best melee weapons in certain scenarios, traversing the world and finding new places to jump off of for bigger smashes, infusing enemies and objects with different elements like gamma or cosmic radiation... All of it combined turns Hulk from a mindless, shallow smasher character to a brilliant, deep and wholly rewarding chess master. As I said previously... Embodiment of Hulk to Bruce Banner.

[Melee]

Heavy Attack - Ground Smash, ground pound, double fist punches, shoulder charge (vehicle/object like dive, slam, swing)

Light Attack - Single punches, sonic ground punch (Hulk seems to have some passives that weren’t fully explained but if I understand them correctly they act like combo chain stacks in an MMO where the more you hit, the stronger your successive attacks become)

Grapple - (can also rip items out of the ground, used to pick up enemies/objects and wield them)

Quadruped mobility sprint (can be a bit slow and lumbering

(no block or dodge that I could find)

Ability 1

Ability 2

Super/Ultimate/R

[Ranged]

Heavy Attack

Light Attack

Tomorrow will be a look at the game’s only (for now) real caster who plays more like an angry Battlemage with an obsession for his hammer, thank you for reading and as always feel free to ask any questions or @ me! Thank you.

Today is part three of my Marvel’s Avengers hero first impressions. I am so excited by us landing Leonard Taylor that I cannot think straight and I am thankful I typed these notes up a while ago... Which will make more sense tomorrow when we go over Thor (who I had access to) and not Ms. Marvel, who is actually in the beta. I assume they made this swap because there is already so much information out about Thor and so little known about Ms. Marvel that Crystal Dynamics really wanted to show her off but, with my ramble over, let’s smash with the Worldbreaker himself:

Hulk

Did you ever play that old PlayStation game ‘RAMPAGE!’? Well, think of Hulk like a character ripped straight from that game. He controls like a walking tank, he moves like a bipedal rhinoceros and he destroys basically anything he comes into contact with. The game’s environmental impact is really on full display when Hulk is being played and he in turn uses the full display of the game’s environment to further augment both his play style and kit. Both seem a bit limited on the surface but his ability to wield vehicles, power poles and any enemy (even defeated mini-bosses) as unique and different ‘weapons’ means that he goes from one-dimensional HULK SMASH! to a deep and engaging theorycrafter’s dream. Truly, this Hulk is the embodiment of Bruce Banner becoming Hulk; simplistic, brutal and flat out dumb on the outside but underneath? Elegant, sophisticated, thought-provoking and extremely intelligent. By far, Hulk took the most getting used to, if you actually wanted to use his full kit. Now, don’t get me wrong! Smashing things and throwing cars never got old, at all. However, learning when and where to pick up certain objects, which enemies made for the best melee weapons in certain scenarios, traversing the world and finding new places to jump off of for bigger smashes, infusing enemies and objects with different elements like gamma or cosmic radiation... All of it combined turns Hulk from a mindless, shallow smasher character to a brilliant, deep and wholly rewarding chess master. As I said previously... Embodiment of Hulk to Bruce Banner.

[Melee]

Heavy Attack - Ground Smash, ground pound, double fist punches, shoulder charge (vehicle/object like dive, slam, swing)

Light Attack - Single punches, sonic ground punch (Hulk seems to have some passives that weren’t fully explained but if I understand them correctly they act like combo chain stacks in an MMO where the more you hit, the stronger your successive attacks become)

Grapple - (can also rip items out of the ground, used to pick up enemies/objects and wield them)

Quadruped mobility sprint (can be a bit slow and lumbering

(no block or dodge that I could find)

Ability 1

Ability 2

Super/Ultimate/R

[Ranged]

Heavy Attack

Light Attack

Tomorrow will be a look at the game’s only (for now) real caster who plays more like an angry Battlemage with an obsession for his hammer, thank you for reading and as always feel free to ask any questions or @ me! Thank you.
Still bust it out on gamecube, rampage that is

Today is the beta start for Marvel’s Avengers on the PS4 as many of you know And it is also the last day of my first impressions until the launch of the game but overall what I can say is that if you like more in-depth hero brawlers that allow for differing play styles for your favourite Marvel heroes? This game will be one of those that will have you playing it for years to come. I have spoken to a couple of devs and they have incredible plans for this game. To quote one of them; “We set up Marvel’s Avengers launch to be our own take on the Avenger’s Initiative and To serve as the *prologue* for the future of the game”. A statement like that is ambitious, bold and gives you the scope they hope to have for this game, whether it is the hero roster, the gameplay variety or the locations and enemies it is obvious that Crystal Dynamics sees this game as the ultimate Marvel live service product and I for one could not be more excited to jump in on the 1st of September! Thank you so much for all of your enthusiasm and please, if you want to experience more of what the group I am a part of has to offer, go hit up some more of our channel’s content like the updated primary ability and move set tree breakdown; or better yet? If you are on PS4 and you pre-ordered? Go try everything out yourself and tell me what YOU think! Now, for the final hero I have an impression formed for:

Thor

The closest thing (until Scarlet Witch or Doctor Strange is added) to a pure caster or Mage style hero, Thor plays like a combination of a Mage and a Warrior, I like to look at him as a Battlemage. He has a fair amount of utility abilities, he can hold his own in melee and his hammering is on full and sometimes rather excessive display. His combat is very reminiscent of the gameplay you would expect from the Darksiders franchise where he feels the most comfortable to a hack and slash/brawler player... At least in melee. When he is ranged, he becomes the literal embodiment of ‘Ragnarok’ Thor. He is like Palpatine if Palpatine actually knew how to use force lightning. It’s incredible, devastating and gratuitous. You feel like, at least visually, the God of Thunder. He has the ability to generate a thunderstorm, call down lighting, shoot lightning... Basically, he is Thor. Very flashy, very loud, very pretty! In my personal opinion however? Unless you really REALLY love Mages that can also fly and bash things with a hammer? A bit underwhelming. His character was fun but it needed more. Easily the weakest hero on offer but I am hopeful the other two trees will offer exactly that; More and more power (he might be gear dependant). He needs variety and honestly he needs more damage. He suffers the most from MMO-syndrome in that you have all this incredible feedback and you feel like a GOD... But enemies just don’t respect that power and a robot comes and bops him on the nose and you are like ‘oh bloody ****, right, I am squishy because I am the Mage!’ It just didn’t feel right so I think Thor needs some work. A lot of fun but the fun with him seemed to be matched by the tedium of playing a Battlemage in a game of super heroes.

[Melee]

Heavy Attack - Hammer bash, Hammer smash, fists and acrobatic overheads

Light Attack - Hammer bop, fists, underhand swings and hammer twirls as well as some lightning discharges

Grapple

Hover/flight (hammerstyle)

Dodge

Block

(I think I experienced parrying a few times, seems to be more a thing with Captain America than anyone but I believe Thor can too)

Ability 1

Ability 2

Super/Ultimate/R

[Ranged]

Heavy Attack - Full-throated lighting barrages, very lovely to look at, high production value on him

Light Attack - Little lightning bolt call-downs, interacts with water and other environmental events and objects (can electrify objects for Hulk for example)

Advertisement
Today is the beta start for Marvel’s Avengers on the PS4 as many of you know And it is also the last day of my first impressions until the launch of the game but overall what I can say is that if you like more in-depth hero brawlers that allow for differing play styles for your favourite Marvel heroes? This game will be one of those that will have you playing it for years to come. I have spoken to a couple of devs and they have incredible plans for this game. To quote one of them; “We set up Marvel’s Avengers launch to be our own take on the Avenger’s Initiative and To serve as the *prologue* for the future of the game”. A statement like that is ambitious, bold and gives you the scope they hope to have for this game, whether it is the hero roster, the gameplay variety or the locations and enemies it is obvious that Crystal Dynamics sees this game as the ultimate Marvel live service product and I for one could not be more excited to jump in on the 1st of September! Thank you so much for all of your enthusiasm and please, if you want to experience more of what the group I am a part of has to offer, go hit up some more of our channel’s content like the updated primary ability and move set tree breakdown; or better yet? If you are on PS4 and you pre-ordered? Go try everything out yourself and tell me what YOU think! Now, for the final hero I have an impression formed for:

Thor

The closest thing (until Scarlet Witch or Doctor Strange is added) to a pure caster or Mage style hero, Thor plays like a combination of a Mage and a Warrior, I like to look at him as a Battlemage. He has a fair amount of utility abilities, he can hold his own in melee and his hammering is on full and sometimes rather excessive display. His combat is very reminiscent of the gameplay you would expect from the Darksiders franchise where he feels the most comfortable to a hack and slash/brawler player... At least in melee. When he is ranged, he becomes the literal embodiment of ‘Ragnarok’ Thor. He is like Palpatine if Palpatine actually knew how to use force lightning. It’s incredible, devastating and gratuitous. You feel like, at least visually, the God of Thunder. He has the ability to generate a thunderstorm, call down lighting, shoot lightning... Basically, he is Thor. Very flashy, very loud, very pretty! In my personal opinion however? Unless you really REALLY love Mages that can also fly and bash things with a hammer? A bit underwhelming. His character was fun but it needed more. Easily the weakest hero on offer but I am hopeful the other two trees will offer exactly that; More and more power (he might be gear dependant). He needs variety and honestly he needs more damage. He suffers the most from MMO-syndrome in that you have all this incredible feedback and you feel like a GOD... But enemies just don’t respect that power and a robot comes and bops him on the nose and you are like ‘oh bloody ****, right, I am squishy because I am the Mage!’ It just didn’t feel right so I think Thor needs some work. A lot of fun but the fun with him seemed to be matched by the tedium of playing a Battlemage in a game of super heroes.

[Melee]

Heavy Attack - Hammer bash, Hammer smash, fists and acrobatic overheads

Light Attack - Hammer bop, fists, underhand swings and hammer twirls as well as some lightning discharges

Grapple

Hover/flight (hammerstyle)

Dodge

Block

(I think I experienced parrying a few times, seems to be more a thing with Captain America than anyone but I believe Thor can too)

Ability 1

Ability 2

Super/Ultimate/R

[Ranged]

Heavy Attack - Full-throated lighting barrages, very lovely to look at, high production value on him

Light Attack - Little lightning bolt call-downs, interacts with water and other environmental events and objects (can electrify objects for Hulk for example)

I like battlemages/necros. Give me dual wield and casting any day. Looks like ima like rolling thor.

@LeedsCane, @OBLIVION, @Dhatguy, @TerragonSix, or anyone else that can give me some advice; I’ve decided I can’t wait and I’m going to start gaming on PCs.

My situation is that I currently have a Mac Pro 19. I have boot camp but haven’t tried to run any video games on it yet. Ive done some research and found a few of ppl saying the Mac Pro can run games like madden or 2k on low settings and to lower the resolution.

My question is, is it worth it to trade my MacBook for a gaming laptop around the $700-$1000 price range (I know I’ll be taking a hit), or is trading the MacBook for a low end gaming laptop worth some of the value I would be losing in that trade off? As long as I can leave all the settings on medium and don’t have to turn all the effects off to get a smooth frame rate then I’m good with that. I’m not going to get a desktop yet because I do to much traveling.

These are a few of the gaming laptops I have been looking at.

@LeedsCane, @OBLIVION, @Dhatguy, @TerragonSix, or anyone else that can give me some advice; I’ve decided I can’t wait and I’m going to start gaming on PCs.

My situation is that I currently have a Mac Pro 19. I have boot camp but haven’t tried to run any video games on it yet. Ive done some research and found a few of ppl saying the Mac Pro can run games like madden or 2k on low settings and to lower the resolution.

My question is, is it worth it to trade my MacBook for a gaming laptop around the $700-$1000 price range (I know I’ll be taking a hit), or is trading the MacBook for a low end gaming laptop worth some of the value I would be losing in that trade off? As long as I can leave all the settings on medium and don’t have to turn all the effects off to get a smooth frame rate then I’m good with that. I’m not going to get a desktop yet because I do to much traveling.

These are a few of the gaming laptops I have been looking at.

I will certainly be happy to help and I know the others will too! I am really excited for you getting into PC gaming and I will take a look at what you have linked there and get back to you with my opinions as well as laptop suggestions of my own. Is 700-1000 your price range?

Advertisement
I will certainly be happy to help and I know the others will too! I am really excited for you getting into PC gaming and I will take a look at what you have linked there and get back to you with my opinions as well as laptop suggestions of my own. Is 700-1000 your price range?
For a laptop, yes. I don’t want to get too expensive with it since I will probably be carrying it around. Once I get settled and the time to build a desktop I’ll up my budget so I can get the ultra settings for games like gta.

Turns out I can’t use mods for Madden or EA games anyway, so I’ll definitely be getting a gaming laptop. I got a 2TB external HD because I had to partition the HD and the most I could give bootcamp was 55 GB. Wasn’t enough room to even D/L Madden. With madden on the external HD, I can’t launch it in Frosty. After looking around, it seems like the error message I keep getting is be cause Madden needs to be on the (C) drive but it’s on the (D) drive (external HD).

For a laptop, yes. I don’t want to get too expensive with it since I will probably be carrying it around. Once I get settled and the time to build a desktop I’ll up my budget so I can get the ultra settings for games like gta.

Turns out I can’t use mods for Madden or EA games anyway, so I’ll definitely be getting a gaming laptop. I got a 2TB external HD because I had to partition the HD and the most I could give bootcamp was 55 GB. Wasn’t enough room to even D/L Madden. With madden on the external HD, I can’t launch it in Frosty. After looking around, it seems like the error message I keep getting is be cause Madden needs to be on the (C) drive but it’s on the (D) drive (external HD).
Understood. So for a gaming laptop, as with most tech, you want to look around October/November. I would say to look into MSI, ASUS and Acer. Stay away from Alienware/Dell. I am fairly certain there are really solid ASUS laptops for about 900 USD or so when they have sales. Usually are around 1400 USD. However what I would advise right now, if it can at all wait a bit, is to hold off until Big Navi and Ampere are in the wilds. There are always big price drops on the last gen when the newest comes because they normally get discontinued. So you save hundreds. You can also look into those laptops as the 3070 laptops will (and should) obliterate anything below an SLI 2080 laptop at considerably less in price (based on sector trends). Again, I do stress that you should wait for sales at least and by that time the 3000 and Big Navi should be out there and will push prices down and introduce affordable new products that outstrip the current price vs power points.

Random but I’m currently in the middle of playing every Pokémon game from start to finish starting with yellow. I still own the original games as well as every generation of game boy and the ds and switch as well. I’ve traded across my own game boys to complete my Pokédex before lol

Understood. So for a gaming laptop, as with most tech, you want to look around October/November. I would say to look into MSI, ASUS and Acer. Stay away from Alienware/Dell. I am fairly certain there are really solid ASUS laptops for about 900 USD or so when they have sales. Usually are around 1400 USD. However what I would advise right now, if it can at all wait a bit, is to hold off until Big Navi and Ampere are in the wilds. There are always big price drops on the last gen when the newest comes because they normally get discontinued. So you save hundreds. You can also look into those laptops as the 3070 laptops will (and should) obliterate anything below an SLI 2080 laptop at considerably less in price (based on sector trends). Again, I do stress that you should wait for sales at least and by that time the 3000 and Big Navi should be out there and will push prices down and introduce affordable new products that outstrip the current price vs power points.
I wish I had the patience but I’m to much of a spur of the moment guy when it comes to electronics and video games, and I won’t be satisfied until I scratch that itch. I would have went to Best Buy today if they weren’t closed.

That’s my price range because that’s basically what I’m going to sell the Mac for. I want to get the laptop now because come October/November I will have been slowed down and that’s when I plan to build a pc, along with a getting next gen console. That’s to much at one time for me.

Advertisement
Back