Video: Miami defense vs. Appalachian State

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Miami's top defensive plays in their 45-10 win over Appalachian State.

Linebacker Michael Pinckney with a huge tackle on 3rd down.

[VINE]51L7PODtgAW[/VINE]

Chad Thomas and Kendrick Norton combine for a stop on 4th down.

[VINE]51L7vWQLZFl[/VINE]

Thomas, McIntosh, and Quarterman in on the stop.

[VINE]51Lh5Vrx6Lz[/VINE]

Gerald Willis with a TFL.

[VINE]51LxVm2xZnV[/VINE]

Mike Smith with the interception on the tipped ball.

[VINE]51lrjnIe2Et[/VINE]

Corn Elder gets the sack on 3rd and long.

[VINE]51L2BexBlaM[/VINE]

Chad Thomas on the sack. He had a big game.

[VINE]51LLwg91IUX[/VINE]

Advertisement
Everybody is wrapping up and tackling this year. Don't see all those misses we did last year.

dudes are playing off instinct. rugged, aggressive south florida athlete style football. no read and reach chess think think think bullchit.

The way Thomas moved on that play, expect that vid to show up on the desk of draft scouts.

Advertisement
Everybody is wrapping up and tackling this year. Don't see all those misses we did last year.

Its mainly the alignments and the presnap position of the defense.

The way app state played in the defensive backfield is how we played the entire Folden tenure.

If you have to come up from 30 yards away, beat a block, then make a tackle youre defeated before the ball is snapped.

The biggest difference is more bodies near the line of scrimmage.

God****!

Savages!

You wait until HS defensive prospects see that. THEY WANT to play that kind of football.

Those of you who are familiar with this can tell how this helps recruiting.

Anyone see Tyler Byrd? Tenn fans ripping team on Twitter for OT win at home and Miami destroying same team! How's Rockytop feeling?

Advertisement
Amazing what a scheme and philosophy change will do for top flight athletes. Let them get after people instead of catching blocks, and they suddenly look like different guys.

Chad Thomas looks like a completely different guy. He went from a guy I was feeling sorry for because we had already wasted 50% of his eligibility to a complete dominant animal. He looks like one of the top DEs in the country right now and a total difference maker who plays with a relentless violence.

Chad is the poster man for the coaching change. From block-catching nonfactor to dominant savage who can destroy an offense's game plan.

Notice the different in APPlejack state's tackling once they adjusted to our short passing game.

Presnap position is half of the battle.

Advertisement
Amazing what a scheme and philosophy change will do for top flight athletes. Let them get after people instead of catching blocks, and they suddenly look like different guys.

Chad Thomas looks like a completely different guy. He went from a guy I was feeling sorry for because we had already wasted 50% of his eligibility to a complete dominant animal. He looks like one of the top DEs in the country right now and a total difference maker who plays with a relentless violence.

Chad is the poster man for the coaching change. From block-catching nonfactor to dominant savage who can destroy an offense's game plan.

Chad was listed as the top former 5* recruit to have a breakout year. Glad to see him used right and dominating. So thankful we got coach Kool!!!!

Advertisement
Watching the guys up front trying to actively disrupt the option attack made me almost tear up after watching years of grab-and-follow. It would have just been 3 yards, 4 yards, 6 yards all ****** day last year.

I love this DL.

that stunt with thomas is everything thats different about this defense

Old school Cane dline stunt. Defense is everything I hope for so far. Depth might be problem against really good teams, but so will our defense be a problem for them.

Seemed like Corn was everywhere today. My favorite was him running already to goal line to tackle that back after that ling run and put him out of the game. The penalty negating the TD was just salt to the wound.

Advertisement
Back