VIDEO: Dawson says trust is growing in Brashard Smith

View as article
Advertisement
I hope we’re ready for UVA’s soft zone. They look a lot like GT on defense.
The GT plan was rough. Just decided to mainly attack outside the hashes with layered routes. Took entirely too long to attack the deep middle. Think we went in with some assumptions about their run D. IIRC, Dawson admitted rust or some lack of rhythm coming off the bye week. We shall see.

Advertisement
The GT plan was rough. Just decided to mainly attack outside the hashes with layered routes. Took entirely too long to attack the deep middle. Think we went in with some assumptions about their run D. IIRC, Dawson admitted rust or some lack of rhythm coming off the bye week. We shall see.
they were being methodical, gameplan was intentional and deliberate. They never stressed GT deep and only started late in game with both Restrepo and Young had big plays down the middle..

Props to Smith, but Johnson wouldn't have been hawked down on that run...Johnson would've housed that counter to the left where Chaney got shoestring tackled, too.

Which Johnson? Chris? Didn't you see him ragdolled a couple of games back? Kid is still too light in the pants to be a between the tackle runner, much less do what either Brashard or Don do. I want to see him in space, not trying to bust one from scrimmage.

Advertisement
I hope we’re ready for UVA’s soft zone. They look a lot like GT on defense.
I feel like teams like that will give us problems. But for some reason minus UNC we are going to beat the teams no one expects us to. It feels like that type of year

Which Johnson? Chris? Didn't you see him ragdolled a couple of games back? Kid is still too light in the pants to be a between the tackle runner, much less do what either Brashard or Don do. I want to see him in space, not trying to bust one from scrimmage.

Did you not see that big ole' hole that Smith ran through, that was space. And you're talking about He's too light in the pants, yet we had 2 220+lb RBs out, and Chaney tapped out a few times during the game.

Why does our team get AIDS every bye week

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well, it’s comforting to know our OC is isn’t completely retarded.
The kid scored two game winning TDs, housed a return vs GT, and almost broke another vs Clemson.
I’m not some play calling offensive genius, but i have played Madden football on the Xbox before.
YEAH, dummy I think it might be a good idea rn play B. Smith more.
Why do these coaches, especially OCs make their job more difficult than it has to be?

I think he’s established himself as the guy who can take on the Tank Dell role in this offense. I would love to see us steal a couple motion concepts/plays from that guy who coaches one of, if not the top offense in the NFL on that very same field on Sundays utilizing Brashard the way they do Tyreek.

Let's see what they do. I wish I knew more about the Air Raid so I could have a more thoughtful discussion. They must have automatic counters to the different coverages we will face.

Obviously running the ball well against weak boxes will be important, but we gotta be a able to throw it against their base coverages so they're forced to start gambling on 1st and 2nd down.

they were being methodical, gameplan was intentional and deliberate. They never stressed GT deep and only started late in game with both Restrepo and Young had big plays down the middle..
Yeah I think for better or worse (well clearly worse) we just never actually thought the game was in doubt and could just stick with it and win an ugly one

Advertisement
Back