Very, very early prediction but I'll put it on the line now

Richt wants the best of the 5 to be his QB. Crazy competition and I don't think any of the 5 are automatically ruled out. Love to see some handicap this. I'd say:

Rosier 3-1
Perry 7-2
Allison 7-2
Shireffs 5-1
Weldon 15-1
Testeverde 20-1

Advertisement
I am worried on our QB's ability to gain weight. (Dorsey, Harris)

I don't disagree with this at all...

I still think Perry needs a redshirt, but if he balls out in Spring ball I'd be more than happy with him as the starter.

I'm a huge Perry fan & believe in his ability projecting at the College level, he just needs to add some weight & he could be a deadly over the next few seasons.

He's not coming in the spring.
Yeah, your right... He'll be hear in the Fall.

Last edited:
Good luck. Hope he ends up at an organization that doesn't need a new starter for 3yrs. If any NFL team is starting Kaaya next year or even the year after they are not a successful team. I like Brad, but he should have stuck around. Good luck young man.

Go Canes!

There is 0.0% chance Rosier is the QB

Perry will be the guy followed by Weldon.

Advertisement
A mobile quarterback neutralizes a poor offensive line. Also, if he do gets the nod expect alot of quick passes, screens, and roll outs to protecr him from getting crushed in the pocket. If the oline is better next year then we good

Listening to the posters here ,Perry should be down to 135 pounds by midnight. He's went from 185 and is down to 165 in this thread.

he's inevitably gonna be the QB so unless there's someone definitively better in practice they'll probably just give it to him

Advertisement
Perry is the perfect fit for our offense.

Big issue is ball security. Like you've seen with Lamar Jackson, the way Perry carries the ball leaves him prone to fumbles at this level. It's not as simple as just "coaching him how to do it" either. A lot of that is instinctual.

For me, Perry is easily a top-5 QB recruit in the country and much better than Jack Allison (whom I liked some, but not like Perry).

I'd prefer Kaaya coming back, but Perry will change our offense in a way that is much more difficult to defend. We just will need to simplify his reads and cut the field in half most games. If it's not there, he needs to take off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

perry plays weak competition. i dont expect a late enrollee who is undersized to come in and be ready for start at qb for a high level ACC team. sorry.

I heard Kaaya was great. Berrios was great. Trayone was great. Lets just let it play out. stop crowning people before they get on campus.

He said its what the coaches want.

Advertisement
You can't be a D1 QB at 165 pounds with this OL.

He'll probably close to 180 in the fall.
Legit question, I don't know the answer. How much did Jacory weigh in his Freshman year?

kosi looks like the ethiopian pirate in that tom hanks movie.

Look at me... Look at me...

I'm the Quarterback now.

Perry will roughly be the same size as Lamar Jackson by the time camp rolls around. His game isn't the same, though, so I'd only make that comparison in terms of size.

Richt wants the best of the 5 to be his QB. Crazy competition and I don't think any of the 5 are automatically ruled out. Love to see some handicap this. I'd say:

Rosier 3-1
Perry 7-2
Allison 7-2
Shireffs 5-1
Weldon 15-1
Testeverde 20-1

To me Weldon looks good on tape. His high school tape and stats look better than the others

N'Kosi is every bit of 185 pounds, it's just that he's only 5'4"

Advertisement
Yeah right. Perry not even an EE which is a huge disadvantage for him. I'd made a prediction he won't start game one.

Oh yeah, we're in trouble if we start a non-early enrollee Freshman as our starter in September. I hate that the conversation in the building is apparently going that way. No one should be a pre-determined starter at the University of Miami. That is the type of **** that we have been dealing with since Jacory. I hope this is a case of misunderstanding by Pete.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back