VERY UNPOPULAR OPINION ***WARNING*** The 24' QB situation

I'll say this - on paper, I don't know who we will lose to, but I just know that Mario won't take a knee or will misuse TO's or something, so he will drop 2 games. If you were to hand this roster as is to DeBoer, Harbaugh, Lane, etc., you're probably looking at a perfect regular season.

Let me see your predictions on the season and I'll react.
With the 2024 roster as it stands:

@Hogtown - L
Florida A&M - W
Ball State - W
South Florida - Toss Up
@Cal - L
@GT - L
@Ville - L
Duke - Toss Up
FSU - L
VT - Toss Up
Wake Forest - Toss Up
@Syracuse - Toss Up

I think we end up going either 2-3 or 3-2 in the "toss up" category. That leaves us at 4-8 or 5-7, which is exactly what I'd expect with the current roster construction.

Advertisement
Happy Bel Air GIF by PeacockTV

Advertisement

@Hogtown - L
Florida A&M - W
Ball State - W
South Florida - Toss Up
@Cal - L
@GT - L
@Ville - L
Duke - Toss Up
FSU - L
VT - Toss Up
Wake Forest - Toss Up
@Syracuse - Toss Up

I think we end up going either 2-3 or 3-2 in the "toss up" category. That leaves us at 4-8 or 5-7, which is exactly what I'd expect with the current roster construction.
TOC should be shaking in his boots right now

This is breathtaking mopery

What is this **** I keep reading about us losing to the Gator?

Have you all lost your minds?

We are not losing in Canesville. Eliminate that stupid thought from your heads.

Canes win!

@Hogtown - L
Florida A&M - W
Ball State - W
South Florida - Toss Up
@Cal - L
@GT - L
@Ville - L
Duke - Toss Up
FSU - L
VT - Toss Up
Wake Forest - Toss Up
@Syracuse - Toss Up

I mean that’s disingenuous. Florida is in a worst position with a worst coach than we are. We win, very sloppy. USF isn’t beating Miami. Go into Cal ranked and that’s when the slide would start. Wake forest is a win imo. 6-6 to 8-4 with 7-5 for me

Advertisement
This team couldn’t beat Rutgers but is going to win 10 games with our current QB situation…make it make sense

Yeah, this.

Amazes me how many people throw around 10 wins like it should be easy to get. This program has done it once in the last 20 some odd years.

@Hogtown - L
Florida A&M - W
Ball State - W
South Florida - Toss Up
@Cal - L
@GT - L
@Ville - L
Duke - Toss Up
FSU - L
VT - Toss Up
Wake Forest - Toss Up
@Syracuse - Toss Up

@Hogtown - L - Why do you think we lose this one? We will be superior to them on the LOS. They lost their one reliable offensive playmaker. Is it because we're on the road?
Florida A&M - W
Ball State - W
South Florida - Toss Up - We will straight up have an enormous advantage in talent and it's a home game. Do you have any specifics to this pick or just "Mario is bad"?
@Cal - L - What makes you think we lose this game? Is it because we're on the road? We will have a huge gap in talent.
@GT - L - This is a more reasonable prediction than some of the others, but again, we will have a large advantage in talent and the trenches.
@Ville - L - This is your most reasonable prediction for a loss. They are well-coached, they are building and it's at the Pizza Palace. I can tip my cap on this. However, we will have the LOS advantage on both sides of the ball.
Duke - Toss Up - At home against the non-Elko Dukies, against the HC who many on here thought was pathetic and he's maybe going to beat us at home?
FSU - L - A reasonable pick since they have 3 in a row against us and they brought in a competent QB, but the rest of their team has been gutted. We will definitely own the trenches on these guys. DJ will have to play out of his mind and they will need to be 2+ in TO margin to beat us this year. It certainly could happen, but I don't see it.
VT - Toss Up - Come on, seriously??? We're a toss up with a completely depleted VT squad at home? I'd love for you to go over matchups and explain why this isn't just being overly negative, but is a real prediciton.
Wake Forest - Toss Up - I mean, they have a great coach, but we will have such a talent and LOS disparity over them, and playing at home, I don't see how this is a realistic toss up game.
@Syracuse - Toss Up - They have McCord, but that's it. Didn't they just fire their corch? Again, we will own the LOS and have a huge talent discrepancy.

All in all, I think the reasonable L's are Louisville and maybe GT, because they are on the rise - does King come back in 24'?

Looking at all of those games, I still think on paper, we will own the trenches. Louisville is a concern and the Noles are always tough, but as much as I've (predictably) been derided for this opinion, 5 losses and 3 toss up games is a mopes fever dream fantasy playing out.

I mean that’s disingenuous. Florida is in a worst position with a worst coach than we are. We win, very sloppy. USF isn’t beating Miami. Go into Cal ranked and that’s when the slide would start. Wake forest is a win imo. 6-6 to 8-4 with 7-5 for me
When mega hot seat Napier whoops Mario’s *** on national television while Mario coarches it up in crunch time this site will be the most toxic it’s ever been.

It’s coming. Be prepared.

How do we get to 8 wins with Brown or Williams? 6-6 I can accept as a reasonable prediction. But I saw 8-4 WITH Cam Ward.

Advertisement
@Hogtown - L - Why do you think we lose this one? We will be superior to them on the LOS. They lost their one reliable offensive playmaker. Is it because we're on the road?
Florida A&M - W
Ball State - W
South Florida - Toss Up - We will straight up have an enormous advantage in talent and it's a home game. Do you have any specifics to this pick or just "Mario is bad"?
@Cal - L - What makes you think we lose this game? Is it because we're on the road? We will have a huge gap in talent.
@GT - L - This is a more reasonable prediction than some of the others, but again, we will have a large advantage in talent and the trenches.
@Ville - L - This is your most reasonable prediction for a loss. They are well-coached, they are building and it's at the Pizza Palace. I can tip my cap on this. However, we will have the LOS advantage on both sides of the ball.
Duke - Toss Up - At home against the non-Elko Dukies, against the HC who many on here thought was pathetic and he's maybe going to beat us at home?
FSU - L - A reasonable pick since they have 2 in a row against us and they brought in a competent QB, but the rest of their team has been gutted. We will definitely own the trenches on these guys. DJ will have to play out of his mind and they will need to be 2+ in TO margin to beat us this year. It certainly could happen, but I don't see it.
VT - Toss Up - Come on, seriously??? We're a toss up with a completely depleted VT squad at home? I'd love for you to go over matchups and explain why this isn't just being overly negative, but is a real prediciton.
Wake Forest - Toss Up - I mean, they have a great coach, but we will have such a talent and LOS disparity over them, and playing at home, I don't see how this is a realistic toss up game.
@Syracuse - Toss Up - They have McCord, but that's it. Didn't they just fire their corch? Again, we will own the LOS and have a huge talent discrepancy.

All in all, I think the reasonable L's are Louisville and I maybe GT, because they are on the rise - does King come back in 24'?

Looking at all of those games, I still think on paper, we will own the trenches. Louisville is a concern and the Noles are always tough, but as much as I've (predictably) been derided for this opinion, 5 losses and 3 toss up games is a mopes fever dream fantasy playing out.
Imagine using "we will have more talent" as a Canes fan in 2024.

When mega hot seat Napier whoops Mario’s *** on national television while Mario coarches it up in crunch time this site will be the most toxic it’s ever been.

It’s coming. Be prepared.
If Mario, Dawson, and LG can go into FSU when they were fully healthy with a freshman QB and have the opportunity to tie the game with a minute left…they aren’t losing to UF. That team has nothing / nobody. They’re going to win 3 games next year

Advertisement
This guy ******* smoking some chit if he thinks we are winning more than 7 with JB or Emory

Florida A&M - W
Ball State - W
FSU - L - A reasonable pick since they have 3 in a row against us and they brought in a competent QB, but the rest of their team has been gutted. We will definitely own the trenches on these guys. DJ will have to play out of his mind and they will need to be 2+ in TO margin to beat us this year. It certainly could happen, but I don't see it.

All in all, I think the reasonable L's are Louisville and maybe GT, because they are on the rise - does King come back in 24'?

VT, USF, GT, Cal, and Syracuse were all bowl teams in '23. VT is not "depleted," and improved during the course of '23. Unless the other teams have a serious dropoff from their '23 rosters (and Syracuse very possibly DOES fit that bill), where is this "huge talent advantage" you speak of? Why do you feel so confident about winning at home against teams who have similar records/expectations? We've been atrocious at home under Mario. There's no reason to expect those games to be anything but toss ups. I've already said that I believe we go 2-3 or 3-2 in toss up games, because that's what toss ups are.

We will be a road dog in Gainesville, and will not win that game without a real QB.

You're bat**** if you think this roster has sufficient "talent advantages" to win 10 games.

If Mario, Dawson, and LG can go into FSU when they were fully healthy with a freshman QB and have the opportunity to tie the game with a minute left…they aren’t losing to UF. That team has nothing / nobody. They’re going to win 3 games next year
This type of confidence after 20 seasons of total incompetence never ceases to amaze me…. Especially considering Mario is the most incompetent of the bunch on game days by a country mile.

I surely hope you’re right but wouldn’t bet on it

VT, USF, GT, Cal, and Syracuse were all bowl teams in '23. VT is not "depleted," and improved during the course of '23. Unless the other teams have a serious dropoff from their '23 rosters (and Syracuse very possibly DOES fit that bill), where is this "huge talent advantage" you speak of? Why do you feel so confident about winning at home against teams who have similar records/expectations? We've been atrocious at home under Mario. There's no reason to expect those games to be anything but toss ups. I've already said that I believe we go 2-3 or 3-2 in toss up games, because that's what toss ups are.

We will be a road dog in Gainesville, and will not win that game without a real QB.

You're bat**** if you think this roster has sufficient "talent advantages" to win 10 games.
Counsel moves to remove this testimony on the grounds that 5 losses and 3 toss ups indicates mopery of the highest order.

Advertisement
Back