Very Similar to 2013

Canes82

Freshman
Premium
Tough, close wins through the first 6-7 games....then we played a top ranked FSU team and got killed.

Richt isn’t Golden.

But he needs to put a full game together.

These close games aren’t cool at all....

Vtech isn’t a joke. This is a game where we can truly show CFB we’re back.

Advertisement
Tough, close wins through the first 6-7 games....then we played a top ranked FSU team and got killed.

Richt isn’t Golden.

But he needs to put a full game together.

These close games aren’t cool at all....

Vtech isn’t a joke. This is a game where we can truly show CFB we’re back.

I said this the other day. That UF team was very similar to FSU too. Obviously Richt isn't ALbortion. Richt is a chit-ton better.

Just win, baby.

We are 20 games in and we have yet to have one phase have a complete game. How long is it going to take get 2 phases?

Offense needs fresh new OC

Hartley needs to be relived of his ST coaching duties.

The special teams unit always finds a way to **** up after we get some momentum. Whether its a short kick or a shanked punt. Coverage and return team is trash

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, we're all afraid this is true.

The only difference, and it's a big one, is that Miami has already beaten FSU this time around.

it has such a different feel to it as we knew Golden was a fraud and Vegas had us as 21.5 dogs going into FSU. We know Richt is a proven winner and are holding out hope for when we finally look like a 7-0 team

Advertisement
Yes and no. We have more difference makers on the defensive end. That defense was sorry. Also while we could get destroyed by VT and ND, I don’t see us losing out the year like we did in 2013.

it has such a different feel to it as we knew Golden was a fraud and Vegas had us as 21.5 dogs going into FSU. We know Richt is a proven winner and are holding out hope for when we finally look like a 7-0 team

This is all true.

But we're still afraid we're gonna see a repeat of 2013 because we have a lot of baggage due to the failed past decade-plus.

Advertisement
Yes and no. Not when our defense has Kept in games and has played well. Offense is trash. We will only go as far as our defense takes us. Offense isn't getting it done.

This is 100% like the 2013.

2013 - 2017
---------------
- Beat instate rival that might not make a bowl game? Check!
13: Florida
17: Florida State

- One side of the ball that keeping us undefeated? Check!
13: Offense in '13
17: Defense in '17

- Is the side of the ball that is keeping you undefeated elite? No.
13: Offense was pretty solid with Duke but had a inconsistent passing Offense. Only made a lot of chunk plays offensively.
17: Defense is pretty solid but struggles mightily against the run. Poor tackling. Some head scratching schematic moves like running stunts ever play or blitzing on 3rd and long.

- Does the coaching staff seemingly gets out coached almost ever game? Yes.
13: Made every QB look like Peyton Manning. Poor play calling defensively. Soft D-line as if they weren't coached or as if they never picked up a dumbbell in their life. O-line at times would get handled to.
17: Make every RB look like Emmitt Smith running behind that Dallas Offensive line in the 90s. Poor play calling offensively. Soft O-line as if they weren't coached or as if they never picked up a dumbbell in their life. D-line at times would get handled to.

- Did the media actually believe in you as a title contender despite your hot start?
13: No.
17: No.

- What game did you realize the team was a fraud?
13: Almost losing to 4-3 Wake Forest (Ranked: 7th)
17: Almost losing to 1-7 UNC* (Ranked 8th) * = we'll see how the season ends to see how big of a fraud we are.

- What was your record before finally being exposed and to who?
13: 7-0, Florida State. The only good P5 team we played up until that point.
17: 7-0, Virginia Tech * First good P5 team we'll play to this point.

Pretty comparable.

Last edited:

This is the one thing wrong with the case you're building.

Coaching adjustments are the reason this 2017 team is still undefeated. This is a 2nd half team and has been all season.

That was NOT the case in 2013.

I think a lot of people are drinking the juice and wearing the glasses... We need to look at this team for what it is.. We beat a 4-4 Duke, Barely beat a 4-2 Georgia Tech who hasn't beat a single good team... narrowly beat a 4-4 Syracuse and a 2-5 FSU... we have yet to play a quality team... and outside of BC, Toldeo and Duke... all of our other wins were one possession games and down to the wire. The only teams we've beat with a winning record is GT and Toledo (for what that's worth). We've been gifted several of our wins by crap quarterbacks throwing the balls to our secondary multiple times a game.

Our defense is often times un discipline... Both the linebackers and secondary miss assignments several times a game... arm tackling is a regular and over pursuing is common at times. Our QB is flat until he's put in to a corner and he struggles with accuracy. This team is not even a top 10 team... I think if/when we take the L to VT we might even struggle to stay in the top 13. The rest of the country is just waiting for us to play someone worthwhile so we can get out of their way on the ranking.

While I would love us to win... i'm not going to be surprised if we get rolled by VT and ND.

Last edited:
Advertisement
WOW at some of the comments. We are such a young team...I agree some of the mistakes need to be corrected but has anyone been looking at UGA today....almost all of their players are jrs & srs. Rough edges but this team continues to find a way to win. GO CANES!

Advertisement
This is 100% like the 2013.

2013 - 2017
---------------
- Beat instate rival that might not make a bowl game? Check!
13: Florida
17: Florida State

- One side of the ball that keeping us undefeated? Check!
13: Offense in '13
17: Defense in '17

- Is the side of the ball that is keeping you undefeated elite? No.
13: Offense was pretty solid with Duke but had a inconsistent passing Offense. Only made a lot of chunk plays offensively.
17: Defense is pretty solid but struggles mightily against the run. Poor tackling. Some head scratching schematic moves like running stunts ever play or blitzing on 3rd and long.

13: Made every QB look like Peyton Manning. Poor play calling defensively. Soft D-line as if they weren't coached or as if they never picked up a dumbbell in their life. O-line at times would get handled to.
17: Make every RB look like Emmitt Smith running behind that Dallas Offensive line in the 90s. Poor play calling offensively. Soft O-line as if they weren't coached or as if they never picked up a dumbbell in their life. D-line at times would get handled to.

- Did the media actually believe in you as a title contender despite your hot start?
13: No.
17: No.

- What game did you realize the team was a fraud?
13: Almost losing to 4-3 Wake Forest (Ranked: 7th)
17: Almost losing to 1-7 UNC* (Ranked 8th) * = we'll see how the season ends to see how big of a fraud we are.

- What was your record before finally being exposed and to who?
13: 7-0, Florida State. The only good P5 team we played up until that point.
17: 7-0, Virginia Tech * First good P5 team we'll play to this point.

Pretty comparable.

Spot on. However VT isn't as good as FSU was that year. And we're at home. Hoping it's a prime time game 8pm. I think VT game will be a close one, hope we come out on top

We have a better coach and a better team this time around, but this is exactly the same. Relative to the 8th ranking we are frauds

Interesting thread. I haven’t thought about this year like ‘13 before.

I think a big difference is that this team has been through losing and doesn’t like it. They now have a taste of winning and are learning how to keep winning. I never felt, nor did it ever show on the field, that any Goldy team had any tough mental makeup to grind out wins. We were always soft and, when punched in the mouth, never responded.

We don’t know what it ahead for this team, but it certainly seems like they are stronger mentally than previous coached teams...& that usually translates well on the field.

Advertisement
Back