Very Similar to 2013

If you think this team has any resemblance of that 2013 you’re either high or you haven’t been following Canes Fb. Zero similarities. Zero

But close games aren't cool, bro.

Agreed, they’re not. And I believe that it will eventually catch up with you. But the the 2013 has nowhere near the grit & fortitude this team has. And whose to say they can’t put a complete games together coming down the stretch.

Advertisement
If you think this team has any resemblance of that 2013 you’re either high or you haven’t been following Canes Fb. Zero similarities. Zero

Agreed, they’re not. And I believe that it will eventually catch up with you. But the the 2013 has nowhere near the grit & fortitude this team has. And whose to say they can’t put a complete games together coming down the stretch.

There was “grit” against UNC on the road without Duke.....

A lot of new names popping up on these threads. Along with some familiar ones.

Wonder why?

I’ll tell you why. So they can say “told you so” if we lose in the next 2 games.

Typical bltch behavior.

Nobody is saying this is a perfect squad, we’re one or two classes away from being dominant, but in typical gheybltch fashion, these dripping cvnts have to shlt on everything.

We’re not there yet and if we win the rest of our games, which is unlikely, they’re all going to be close and ugly wins. That’s who we are. Enjoy the ride.

Deal with it.

I think most of us thought that we were probably a 1-2 loss team when the season started and this was only because of the ****** schedule we had.Most thought we’d have at least 1 loss by now.The fact we don’t have one is great but doesn’t change the problems we have.

We are young at a lot of primary positions,Rosier ,even though not a freshman,is a first year starter,and our defensive backs were lacking.Our Oline borders on terrible and we are lacking speed BIG TIME.

Now we got lucky because FSU sucked so one of those losses turned into a win but it doesn’t change the fact we are AT LEAST one GREAT class away and probably two from competing with the BAMA’s of the world.

9-2 ( 10-2 If you count ASU) is a pretty good year for a team as young with as many holes and lack of depth that we have.I think we are going to get there but it’s going to take 2 things.One is a big influx of talent( the 1-2 great classes mentioned) and two Richt forgetting his ego and turning the offense over to an actual OC.I don’t think we can win with him calling plays ,I don’t care how much talent we have.The game has passed him by.He lacks any type of imagination and his offensive s homes are waaay too predictable.

Yea we are 7-0.Great start just like 2013.Way overrated just like 2013.Difference is we have the staff in place( except for a OC) that can build on this and not regress.

We ARE NOT going undefeated.We aren’t good enough.And as much as I’d love to see us in the playoffs I don’t want to have our last game be a 40+ asswhipping at the hands of Bama on National tv..Id just as soon go to a bowl a step below that and win.To me that would serve a better purpose with recruiting .

It’s coming guys.We ain’t back yet but we can sure see the lights of the top from where we are.

The disturbing thing to me is we'll get 4 turnovers in a game and it's still a nail biter. That's not normal and it's alarming.

That being said, my feeling at this time is that this team plays up or down to the competition. Meaning unc is a close game but vt will be too. I think we pull out vt but Notre dame looks like a bad match up for us.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I don't have an issue with close games provided we win.
I was being sarcastic in response to some of the belly aching and you
bring up good points.

I’ll give you that one, the Dallas Crawford game. But I was speaking on that season as a whole, two totally different teams

This is 100% like the 2013.

2013 - 2017
---------------
- Beat instate rival that might not make a bowl game? Check!
13: Florida
17: Florida State

- One side of the ball that keeping us undefeated? Check!
13: Offense in '13
17: Defense in '17

- Is the side of the ball that is keeping you undefeated elite? No.
13: Offense was pretty solid with Duke but had a inconsistent passing Offense. Only made a lot of chunk plays offensively.
17: Defense is pretty solid but struggles mightily against the run. Poor tackling. Some head scratching schematic moves like running stunts ever play or blitzing on 3rd and long.

- Does the coaching staff seemingly gets out coached almost ever game? Yes.
13: Made every QB look like Peyton Manning. Poor play calling defensively. Soft D-line as if they weren't coached or as if they never picked up a dumbbell in their life. O-line at times would get handled to.
17: Make every RB look like Emmitt Smith running behind that Dallas Offensive line in the 90s. Poor play calling offensively. Soft O-line as if they weren't coached or as if they never picked up a dumbbell in their life. D-line at times would get handled to.

- Did the media actually believe in you as a title contender despite your hot start?
13: No.
17: No.

- What game did you realize the team was a fraud?
13: Almost losing to 4-3 Wake Forest (Ranked: 7th)
17: Almost losing to 1-7 UNC* (Ranked 8th) * = we'll see how the season ends to see how big of a fraud we are.

- What was your record before finally being exposed and to who?
13: 7-0, Florida State. The only good P5 team we played up until that point.
17: 7-0, Virginia Tech * First good P5 team we'll play to this point.

Pretty comparable.

Hate to say it but true. This team is a fraud.

2013 - 2017
---------------

13: Offense was pretty solid with Duke but had a inconsistent passing Offense. Only made a lot of chunk plays offensively.
17: Defense is pretty solid but struggles mightily against the run. Poor tackling. Some head scratching schematic moves like running stunts ever play or blitzing on 3rd and long.

13: Made every QB look like Peyton Manning. Poor play calling defensively. Soft D-line as if they weren't coached or as if they never picked up a dumbbell in their life. O-line at times would get handled to.
17: Make every RB look like Emmitt Smith running behind that Dallas Offensive line in the 90s. Poor play calling offensively. Soft O-line as if they weren't coached or as if they never picked up a dumbbell in their life. D-line at times would get handled to.

- Did the media actually believe in you as a title contender despite your hot start?

17: Almost losing to 1-7 UNC* (Ranked 8th) * = we'll see how the season ends to see how big of a fraud we are.

Pretty comparable.

Not sure if sarcastic.....

But I don’t think we’re a fraud. I’m just saying, in a captain obvious sort of way, the next two weeks will tell us a lot. I just hope history isn’t repeating itself.

Looking forward to the next two weeks. HR will be rocking.

Advertisement

I’ll give you that one, the Dallas Crawford game. But I was speaking on that season as a whole, two totally different teams

There was grit each week until FSU killed us....then we folded like lawn chairs three additional times (VTech, Duke, Louisville)

2013 - 2017
---------------

Pretty comparable.

But I don’t think we’re a fraud. I’m just saying, in a captain obvious sort of way, the next two weeks will tell us a lot. I just hope history isn’t repeating itself.

Not sarcastic, this team will get blown off the ball the next two weeks. So apparent the commentators today even said “we’re not a top ten team”. I’ve never heard corporate commentators take it so hard to a team.

A lot of new names popping up on these threads. Along with some familiar ones.

Wonder why?

I’ll tell you why. So they can say “told you so” if we lose in the next 2 games.

Typical bltch behavior.

Nobody is saying this is a perfect squad, we’re one or two classes away from being dominant, but in typical gheybltch fashion, these dripping cvnts have to shlt on everything.

We’re not there yet and if we win the rest of our games, which is unlikely, they’re all going to be close and ugly wins. That’s who we are. Enjoy the ride.

Deal with it.
I couldn’t have said it better myself

2013 - 2017
---------------

Pretty comparable.

Not sarcastic, this team will get blown off the ball the next two weeks. So apparent the commentators today even said “we’re not a top ten team”. I’ve never heard corporate commentators take it so hard to a team.

Turn your TV volume down you estrogen juiced dimwit.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back