Vernon Hargreaves

I just don't understand our fanbase at times, what is you all's beef with Papa Cane, ultimately he's providing info for all of us, whether you knew about it or not.

Advertisement
If I were a parent, wanting good supervision, truthfulness from coaches, coaches who push the players to partake in community activities, coaches who really try to keep kids advised against doing some really dumb $#!+, coaches who require hitting the books, eating right, on and on - and if I were given a choice between Florida or Miami - Florida would be left sucking hind ***.

It is so important that Golden has a policy of 'no BS.' Don't lie, don't exaggerate. It is what it is.

Deep down, that means the world to recruits and especially parents. And VHIII could very well be thinking about that. We're getting quality young men - athletically and otherwise. The kind you want to be around.

OFF TOPIC: One other thing. I've heard comment after comment by recruits who think the world of Kehoe. They like him, they like how he speaks to them, and what he says to them. Thus, my confusion over some comments here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Tampa (Fla.) DB Vernon Hargreaves III says that Miami and #Clemson are recruiting him the hardest. #Canes

What does that mean?

Probably means they are sending him the most mail, most emails, the most overall contact. Kids seem to eat this **** up, but as a grown man I'd get real tired of somebody calling me all the time about something I was going to do in February.

I just don't understand our fanbase at times, what is you all's beef with Papa Cane, ultimately he's providing info for all of us, whether you knew about it or not.

I like the fact that there is some central points where information is consolidated. However, dudes like Peter and D-Moni put in work to get the information (sometimes) and this guy gives ZERO credit. He at least needs to point to the CanesInSight thread or credit the poster that gave the information. The guy is trying to come off as the one with all the information and soaks up all of the credit.

Let's get this back on topic.

I don't want to copy the exact quote VH3 made from his interview so I will summarize (and its from a USF article so keep that in mind)

When asked about his favorites he said Miami, Florida, and USF as usual. When asked about Miami he said he likes it because its where his dad used to coach and its where he grew up. He said when he returned it felt like he came home. He fell in love with it again.

Kid gave a pretty outstanding interview all around and seems like he has a great head on his shoulders, along with being supremely talented.

Advertisement
Peter or anyone in the know, do you think that Travis Johnson and Sherit's recruitment will play a major role in where VH3 ends up or is recruiting Johnson and Sherit just like an ace up the sleeve sort of thing?

Thanks

hasena75 said:
Peter or anyone in the know, do you think that Travis Johnson and Sherit's recruitment will play a major role in where VH3 ends up or is recruiting Johnson and Sherit just like an ace up the sleeve sort of thing?

Thanks

It will play a big role. They are all very close. Landing Sherit doesn't necessarily put VH3 in the bag, but it helps a lot.

hasena75 said:

Thanks

It will play a big role. They are all very close. Landing Sherit doesn't necessarily put VH3 in the bag, but it helps a lot.

Is Sherit good enough to take just to get in better position with VHIII? Seems like he is to my untrained eye.

Advertisement
Even more than just helping with VH3, like D$ posted the other day, it's the Tampa thing that I like.

Taking Sherit is certainly 1000% safer than taking one Alexander brother to get the other one. Even if you dont get Hargreaves Sherit is worth a scholarship. The kid worries me about being able to put on weight the right way but that's just personal speculation.

Exactly what I was wondering thanks alot.

That is what I thought.

Getting Sherit doesn't mean we will get VG3 but it will def help.

Lets go AL!!

Advertisement
Even more than just helping with VH3, like D$ posted the other day, it's the Tampa thing that I like.

Taking Sherit is certainly 1000% safer than taking one Alexander brother to get the other one. Even if you dont get Hargreaves Sherit is worth a scholarship. The kid worries me about being able to put on weight the right way but that's just personal speculation.

This was my feeling as well, I thought Sherit was good enough to take on his own, if he has some bearing on getting a top 5 player nationally get that **** done already.

This was my feeling as well, I thought Sherit was good enough to take on his own, if he has some bearing on getting a top 5 player nationally get that **** done already.

With only taking maybe 1 DE I had personally hoped we could have some better options. Lots of people who have seen him a lot really really like Sherit though so hopefully I am wrong about him.

With only taking maybe 1 DE I had personally hoped we could have some better options. Lots of people who have seen him a lot really really like Sherit though so hopefully I am wrong about him.

This is how I feel, I haven't been a Sherit fan from the get-go. I just don't see what the other people see.

Advertisement
Back