Vernon Davis Senior Video

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Like this guy. One of our old coaches said that this pickup showed him something about Golden, because Shannon would never recruit this guy.

Small and not very fast, but those are tremendous feet. Just a good athlete who can play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jFwa12lPU0

Advertisement
I, too, like this kid.

Under Randy, we don't hear about him at all. But, he goes off to Wake Forest or some low-mid level BCS program and is a 3 year starter and All-Conference player.

He's good. Doesn't stand out, but he's just a good football player. As you said, kind of smallish, not a blazer, but has ridiculous next level feet...can come in, be a core special teamer at worst, at most, corner in the mix for 3 years.

Coral Reef was a real sneaky good team this year. Small overall, but they play and compete and succeed. They have a senior running back that is pretty **** small, but I think he can play for some D1AA team or Sun Belt school and be a starter there. #2, Ward. Good game agaist Homestead early in the year. But, got owned against Norland...but, I mean, its Norland (Davis had a decent game against Norland defensively).

Last edited:
I consider Greg Reid to be one of the best playmakers in the college game...and boy does this kid remind me of him. Nice.

Advertisement
Looks good in the open field, what does his times look like?

Y'all say he's small but his video says he's 5'10. I guess that makes him around 5'8ish. And if Golden brings in impact front-7 guys, we should be able to mask his long speed issues.

Kid looks plenty fast to me. Looks to have incredible shiftyness and great balance and feet The makings of a solid corner.

This kid did not get an offer due to his highlight tape

He proved it one on one with Golden at camp. That's all I need to know.

Advertisement
Methinks if he had his form down, he'd be a 4.5 guy. Looks sneaky fast...eye balls out at a 4.6ish, but actually runs faster.

If ya'll remember Anthony Gaitor, lots of people said the same when he was coming out of HS. But, he ended up being a high 4.4's guy when it was all said and done.

Maybe we can slow down on finding a new Antrel Rolle or Mike Rumph, or Ryan McNeil and missing and get back to at least having some Rodney Lippetts, Rodney Bellingers, Dexter Seiglers...

Last edited:
dont care about 40 or tackling ability for a CB....can he close quick? how is he as far as short area quickness?

that's all i want in my CB

I'm a big fan of Davis. I think he can be a solid contributor during his time at Miami. He has the feet and hips to stick with WRs and seems to have a solid feel for the game.

Can anyone please tell me what makes Nick Waisome (2011 FSU signee with offers frome everyone) any better than Davis as a prospect? IMO Davis and Waisome are extremely similar in how they proejct to CB at the next level, but Davis actually seems to have a little bit more big play ability.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
I consider Greg Reid to be one of the best playmakers in the college game...and boy does this kid remind me of him. Nice.

I hope he isn't like Greg Reid in coverage,Reid gets burned a lot. I saw him play a lot in high school and everybody was shocked when I said when he goes to college Reid would get burned a lot. I played ball and college is a different game. The kid from Colquitt County( Vance Cuff) was better than Reid as pure cover corner, but man Reid has a rb and and return man( He was a beast) !

agreed he has the feet and more so the explosion he will be a 4.5 guy here..i like him

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back