Venzell Boulware

Advertisement
Advertisement
Played OT in HS. Would like to see him get a shot at RT so 55 can stay at RG.

That's not happening. Donaldson also played tackle in HS.

Maybe I'm just an optimist, but I think you all got stop doubting Donaldson's ability to play tackle. He just needs some time to get acclimated to the distinct nuances at the college level. So long as he's putting in the work in the weight room, nutrition table, and working on refining footwork, he absolutely has all the tools to be a real nice tackle. Just based off HS film he clearly has more tools for the tackle position than Boulware.

Last edited:
I'm not begging him to take a starting spot. I'm asking him to come in, bust his a$$, and make the coaches choose him as one of our top 5 lineman.

At this point HS film is apples and oranges; Boulware's got more time in college (putting in the work and has his degree). But, I can live with either scenario if it gets us better than where we are at right now at OG or OT.

Now hopefully they looked at all the O-line combinations and settled on one and will just be looking at individual positions, because this isn't the season to still be shuffling )-line packages, facing a the type D-Lines LSU produces.

I don't doubt that 55 can thrive as a RT, but major doubt exists about the ability of anyone else on the team to play guard. One gaping hole at guard is better than two imo. Someone on this team should be able to play RT.

Advertisement
I don't doubt that 55 can thrive as a RT, but major doubt exists about the ability of anyone else on the team to play guard. One gaping hole at guard is better than two imo. Someone on this team should be able to play RT.
They should move Gauthier to Tackle, leave Donaldson at Guard, and let Mahoney and Gaynor battle it out at Center.

Played OT in HS. Would like to see him get a shot at RT so 55 can stay at RG.

I watched some of his Tennessee game film, he is a serviceable guard all the way. He would be playing out of position at RT.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
They should move Gauthier to Tackle, leave Donaldson at Guard, and let Mahoney and Gaynor battle it out at Center.

More realistic alternative IMO.

I really hope Gaynor can take a step soon. He didn't enroll early last year so it's a tall order to have expected much of him last season. His main issue seemed to be that he needed to gain strength and size to be ready for the college game. We all saw he had the demeanor and skill to play in his HS film. He's listed as having gained 20 pounds this offseason (at 305). If that's accurate, then we need him to step up and be a top 6 OL for us. I was slightly discourage to not hear much about him stepping up this spring.

Huge that he has 2 years of eligibility left

Plug and play

We hope he’s a plug and play guy. But honestly, looking at our OL...if we struggle again this year, seeing who we have on the line, imma have to question the coach v. the talent. Here’s hoping and praying Boulware comes in and stabilize a weakness.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back