Venables takes shot at Miami, forgets his own history.

Venny better worry about his own team dudes got a playoff roster and went 6-7 Lol

Take another Texas ***-whoopin three months from now and this schizo gonna be in the mid-season unemployment line

oklahoma-football-loss-texas-venables.jpg

Advertisement
Great DC, terrible HC...mark it down. He will win zero ships as a HC
That's not as big of a dunk as you think it is. A rookie HC moving his team to the SEC with Georgia, Bama, LSU, A&M, Texas, and possibly even more teams added in the next few years (FSU, Miami, NC, or Clemson). Who gives a **** what Venables has to say?

Advertisement
He will be sacked by year 4.
My prediction:

2022: 6-7
2023: Might win a few more, let's say 9-4
2024: First year in SEC. Regress because of a completely different schedule. 7-6. New conference might be an excuse that buys a year.
2025: Anything less than 9 wins gets him fired. A Slow start where he's under .500 by mid-October could see him gone early.

No offense, but imma bout to be offensive.

I have simple ?’s

Is Mario a better a coach than Manny or nah?
Is Brent a better coach than Riley or nah?
Is Fckin Dillon a better QB than Williams or nah?

Furthermore, u realize that OU’s O was still very, Very good. So maybe if they had a Williams vs. a Dillon, instead of losing by 3, they win by 3. OU Defense stunk, & they stunk under Riley. EVERYTHING about us stunk last year, bruh.

Everyone who’s in my PM know I don’t look at just W/L, I look at full totality of everything. I was the main one on here championing & excusing all the bull **** that took place last season, & u can make my receipts or go ask @Wario Cristobum & @crossover22[]_[] as we battled back & forth.

I was in my “we believe” feelings, & I do what I do every year, go back & rewatch our chit. This time I painstakingly took the time to rewatch both 2021 & 2022 seasons, & I was absolutely flabbergasted & astonished at just how woeful the 2021 team looked in 2022.
I didn't realize that I made any of those assumptions or statements. Mario totally **** the bed and 5-7 was worse than it ever should have been. In the bigger picture it really didn't even matter. Recruiting was still fine - we may have landed Inniss if we won games. Probably for the best honestly.. because if we went 9-3, we probably aren't scrubbing the roster of dead weight like we just did and it had to happen. Probably wouldn't have replaced Gattis or Ponce but no one would argue that wasn't needed even if the W/L column looked a little different.

But you have to realize there's a difference in taking over a team that was 19-4 the previous 2 years and finishing top 10 5 years in a row vs taking over Miami. Regardless of them losing a few transfers. They brought in serviceable replacements. They obviously identified, recruited, and developed talent better than Manny Diaz for a long period of time. The draft shows that. The results for 20 years straight show that. Top to bottom the roster at Oklahoma was better than Miami. Depth, NFL talent, serviceable talent, etc. Not to mention the culture built by a legitimate HC and from winning 55 games in 5 years. The culture and winning atmosphere was still hanging around in the locker room. Venables job was to build on it and fine tune it, not burn it down like Mario had to do.

Previous 5 years before their tenure:
Oklahoma - 55 wins - 4 conference titles - a cotton bowl win - 29 draft picks - 15 of those picks in the first 3 rounds
Miami - 38 wins - 17 draft picks - 3 of those picks in the first 3 rounds

Offense, defense, W/L, etc everything aside... Oklahoma, despite losing a few transfers was 1000% in a better situation than Miami. 6-7 in 2022 at Oklahoma was 10X worse than 5-7 at Miami in 2022. The ONLY difference was they didn't lose to a G5 team. They were obliterated by their rival, they lost to multiple sub .500 teams, and multiple other first year head coaches at lesser programs. Just like Miami.

I don't really know what the argument here is about. You're not really saying anything I disagree with. You're just ignoring the colossal failure of Brent Venables for whatever reason.

I'd be embarrassed if Mario said something like that on air to deflect his own failure. I'm glad he's owned 2022 results

Advertisement
He didn't mention Miami by name but mentioned losing to MTSU by our score and FSU by our score. He basically said his OU 6-7 recorded was better than Miami's 5-7.

Good offseason talk for recruits but come fall he better not drop another 49-0 to Texas.

I didn't realize that I made any of those assumptions or statements. Mario totally **** the bed and 5-7 was worse than it ever should have been. In the bigger picture it really didn't even matter. Recruiting was still fine - we may have landed Inniss if we won games. Probably for the best honestly.. because if we went 9-3, we probably aren't scrubbing the roster of dead weight like we just did and it had to happen. Probably wouldn't have replaced Gattis or Ponce but no one would argue that wasn't needed even if the W/L column looked a little different.

But you have to realize there's a difference in taking over a team that was 19-4 the previous 2 years and finishing top 10 5 years in a row vs taking over Miami. Regardless of them losing a few transfers. They brought in serviceable replacements. They obviously identified, recruited, and developed talent better than Manny Diaz for a long period of time. The draft shows that. The results for 20 years straight show that. Top to bottom the roster at Oklahoma was better than Miami. Depth, NFL talent, serviceable talent, etc. Not to mention the culture built by a legitimate HC and from winning 55 games in 5 years. The culture and winning atmosphere was still hanging around in the locker room. Venables job was to build on it and fine tune it, not burn it down like Mario had to do.

Previous 5 years before their tenure:
Oklahoma - 55 wins - 4 conference titles - a cotton bowl win - 29 draft picks - 15 of those picks in the first 3 rounds
Miami - 38 wins - 17 draft picks - 3 of those picks in the first 3 rounds

Offense, defense, W/L, etc everything aside... Oklahoma, despite losing a few transfers was 1000% in a better situation than Miami. 6-7 in 2022 at Oklahoma was 10X worse than 5-7 at Miami in 2022. The ONLY difference was they didn't lose to a G5 team. They were obliterated by their rival, they lost to multiple sub .500 teams, and multiple other first year head coaches at lesser programs. Just like Miami.

I don't really know what the argument here is about. You're not really saying anything I disagree with. You're just ignoring the colossal failure of Brent Venables for whatever reason.

I'd be embarrassed if Mario said something like that on air to deflect his own failure. I'm glad he's owned 2022 results

Thank you!

I never post but I check this everyday. People like him make this board unbearable. Constant negativity false narratives against Mario.

Funny how couple months ago he was going on how Riley is better coach b/c he took 4-8 SC to playoff in his 1st year and Mario should have done the same. But didn't matter '21 SC didn't have Williams and Addison. Now the players matter.

1st year coach at SC, OK and UM not even remotely in the same universe.

Miami has won 1 bowl game against a P5 in 18 years!

News flash Miami has a losing record to Duke over the past 5yrs so lets hold off on the call to SI to fold the program because he lost to Duke in the first year where the starting QB got hurt and the backup proved to be unplayable.

OMG he lost to MTSU. Miami has lost to FIU and shutout by LA Tech in the not so distant past. The QB threw a pick 6 and had a batted pass int. Never happened before in football. I'd be more worried about the 4 NFL players in the secondary that got beat 3 times. But we're still blaming Gattis right?

Speaking of Mario/Gattis after the MTSU bye week they did adjust and TVD avg. 425yrds 3TDs the next 2 weeks. That isn't good enough?????? What do they want from the OC? But the trolls post everyday Mario runs the wishbone hates Qbs and Wrs.

Then TVD got hurt and the season was over. '23 is solely on Zion's shoulders knee if TVD is healthy Miami will be fine. If Brown is the QB again it will be another .500 season.

These 17 yr old kids might not understand what Miami was and will be again. But Saban and Venables sure do and like the Red Army coming for Berlin they are scared to death of what is coming.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back