Validation

View as article
Advertisement
Incredible turnaround of the culture, OL, and staff by Mario in one year

A&M is absolutely loaded with talent and we took it to them. Physically, Skill wise, and Scheme. Without the mistakes early in the game it would’ve been a blowout

If TVD plays like he did throughout the season and we stay healthy we might be talking about Heisman for him.

I know its early but Clemson and FSU, potentially only FSU are the only games that should be a contest
Facts, I’m not even worried about UNC. We have the offense to compete, their defense is cheeks.

My favorite thing the day after is reading all of the recruiting updates with the kids saying how amazing and wild the atmosphere was. Funny how ESPN and twitter warriors would tell you otherwise. Narratives sure are fun.
Link w/o paywall? Lol at least give a summary!

this ... i don't EVER remember them being good, except for that short run with manzel ... that being said, their recruiting rankings speak for themselves and we still beat 'em .... if we talking fact, they should be labeled as the the school that doesn't develop

Aggies were good under RC Slocum in the early to mid 90's, had a ton of defensive talent that went to the league, but could never get their offense right.

Advertisement
Kam update is the most important recap for this game….just wouldn’t have felt the same the day after if news had been bad.

Unbelievable…absolutely incredible performance by our guys. Defense played fast and confident and again, words can’t describe the joy from hearing that Kam is going to be okay.

Bayou boys got our kids playing some good football!!!

excited the waterboy GIF

All the accolades thus far have been great reading, but I want to add one more thing. I love watching Arnez Cooper pointing his finger down field after multiple plays and laughing away just having fun. This team is having fun in having watched this team play for 30 years. The one thing I can say has always been part of our great teams is watching them. Have fun. Good job Mario you brought back the spirit.

I sat behind our bench, the players who weren't really playing (and some that were) really got into the game. Asking the crowd for more noise, dancing and celebreating. They were having a great time out there, having fun. Our sideline is very lively and fun

Advertisement
I wonder if we could use Chaney a bit like we used Najeh Davenport in 2000-1. Obviously we don’t use a traditional FB anymore, but using a split back formation so you can have 2 RB’s with the ability to run. Block and catch from both RB’s would be pretty interesting to see. This would also allow us to have a 2nd RB on the field which can help when a team has 4 good RB’s.
The 2 back sets were really successful yesterday!!! Our best run plays came from the split back formation. Also the big touchdown to Horton!!!

Love the whole write up but agree 💯 regarding the receivers. Young, X & George aren't finished products. We're seeing them rise to the occasion & become what we need at the position.

Yea we need to recruit elite players but we also need to develope what's here already. All they needed was an OC whose head is on his shoulders & not up his *** & TVD doing what he can do.

Also seeing Horton make that play after last week combined with X & Jacolby coming back from their mistakes shows that this group is being coached with love as much as anything. How many WR in recent memory could've used the Dawson/Beard combo?

Link w/o paywall? Lol at least give a summary!
Nah just how everyone from the broadcast, Kirk on Gameday and then all the Noles and Gators running their mouths about our fans, attendance, Tessitore even was like “TVD trying to quiet the fan base, that’s something new”. Wasn’t one specific example but more just the general way they always act. Funny how the same guy talking **** on Gameday also called our house the loudest place he’s been too.

Side note, why were both the announcers saying “Maui-Noa”. Is that the correct pronunciation or are they just idiots?

Advertisement
- This wasn't just a game between the #23 program and an unranked team. It was a game between two programs desperate for greatness. Two programs that have invested tens of millions into the cause. Two programs that have let their fanbases down for decades. It was a must win and Miami won.

- The word that comes to mind is validation. Cristobal came to town with three primary objectives- build an elite offensive line, overhaul the talent and put out a physically tough team. There has been tremendous progress in all three areas.

- Tyler Van Dyke reminds me of an old-school cowboy. Some people want him to be a more fiery leader, but his cool demeanor helps steady the tide when adversity hits. He had the same expression when we were giving the game away in the first as he did at the end. When he hit the last dagger TD to Jacolby, he walked off the field without even lifting his hands. He expected it. Superstar performance from him today.

- It took Cristobal and Mirabal one year to build the best offensive line since 2001. They were all good, and Jalen Rivers and Matt Lee in particular were outstanding. If you are elite at quarterback and offensive line, you have a chance to win a lot of games. We are. When was the last time you watched an Alabama game and felt like you were watching an inferior product at those two positions?

- As discussed on here and the CanesInSight podcast, the WR position has taken a huge leap forward. Xavier Restrepo is one of my favorite Canes in recent memory. On top of all the plays he makes, he is right there blowing people up on Brashard Smith's kickoff return. Pure football player. We missed him tremendously last year. Colbie Young is a different player now that he is in peak condition. And this game had to be an enormous confidence boost for the gifted Jacolby George. The past two staffs have been on him for inconsistency, and he was certainly inconsistent yesterday. But he persevered through the mistakes and won us the game. It was also nice to see Isaiah Horton make a monster play. He's dealt with some of the same issues as George and was injured during camp, but flashed the talent that had the staff comparing him to Ahmmon Richards.

- Lance Guidry went toe-to-toe with Bobby Petrino and put him back in a neckbrace. Texas A&M averaged 6.3 yards per pass, 3.3 per rush and turned it over three times. If not for special teams miscues and some penalties, it would have been even uglier. This is the biggest opportunity of Guidry's life and he is crushing it so far. One underrated story- the across-the-board improvement in tackling. Even when TAMU made a good play, it never became a great play because of sloppy tackling.

- Shannon Dawson also quieted some critics. This wasn't Mario force-feeding caveman football. We saw an efficient, modern offense that had no resemblance to the boring mess that went to College Station last year. The red zone calls in particular were outstanding- schemed up TDs to Young and George, and Fletcher lead blocking for a long Parrish run.

- I also want to give some love to DB Coach Jahmile Addae. I've been critical of him and his group looked to be the biggest weakness headed into this matchup. But they stepped up huge against some big-time WRs. Jaden Davis, Daryl Porter and Te'Cory Couch all played some of the best football of their lives.

- James Williams looked like a five star. The referees will arrest him before the end of the season, but he cares. The closing speed on his third-down tackle at the beginning of the fourth quarter was eye-popping.

- The news on Kam Kinchens after the game was bigger than the win. He is the definition of an All-American. In many ways, he is our Ed Reed. While he has a huge future off the field, he also has a lot of dreams on the field. Thank the Lord that all of those dreams remain intact.

- The least valuable performers yesterday- the refs and the stadium DJ who played "Livin' La Vida Loca" after the last George TD.

- There are a lot of fence-sitters with this program, and I don't blame them. But this win gave them a reason to believe. That goes for fans and recruits. I expect a huge wave of momentum in the next few weeks with the fanbase, recruiting and the media. Hopefully this team handles success as well as they handle adversity.
Ay man I said the Ed Reed thing

Advertisement
- This wasn't just a game between the #23 program and an unranked team. It was a game between two programs desperate for greatness. Two programs that have invested tens of millions into the cause. Two programs that have let their fanbases down for decades. It was a must win and Miami won.

- The word that comes to mind is validation. Cristobal came to town with three primary objectives- build an elite offensive line, overhaul the talent and put out a physically tough team. There has been tremendous progress in all three areas.

- Tyler Van Dyke reminds me of an old-school cowboy. Some people want him to be a more fiery leader, but his cool demeanor helps steady the tide when adversity hits. He had the same expression when we were giving the game away in the first as he did at the end. When he hit the last dagger TD to Jacolby, he walked off the field without even lifting his hands. He expected it. Superstar performance from him today.

- It took Cristobal and Mirabal one year to build the best offensive line since 2001. They were all good, and Jalen Rivers and Matt Lee in particular were outstanding. If you are elite at quarterback and offensive line, you have a chance to win a lot of games. We are. When was the last time you watched an Alabama game and felt like you were watching an inferior product at those two positions?

- As discussed on here and the CanesInSight podcast, the WR position has taken a huge leap forward. Xavier Restrepo is one of my favorite Canes in recent memory. On top of all the plays he makes, he is right there blowing people up on Brashard Smith's kickoff return. Pure football player. We missed him tremendously last year. Colbie Young is a different player now that he is in peak condition. And this game had to be an enormous confidence boost for the gifted Jacolby George. The past two staffs have been on him for inconsistency, and he was certainly inconsistent yesterday. But he persevered through the mistakes and won us the game. It was also nice to see Isaiah Horton make a monster play. He's dealt with some of the same issues as George and was injured during camp, but flashed the talent that had the staff comparing him to Ahmmon Richards.

- Lance Guidry went toe-to-toe with Bobby Petrino and put him back in a neckbrace. Texas A&M averaged 6.3 yards per pass, 3.3 per rush and turned it over three times. If not for special teams miscues and some penalties, it would have been even uglier. This is the biggest opportunity of Guidry's life and he is crushing it so far. One underrated story- the across-the-board improvement in tackling. Even when TAMU made a good play, it never became a great play because of sloppy tackling.

- Shannon Dawson also quieted some critics. This wasn't Mario force-feeding caveman football. We saw an efficient, modern offense that had no resemblance to the boring mess that went to College Station last year. The red zone calls in particular were outstanding- schemed up TDs to Young and George, and Fletcher lead blocking for a long Parrish run.

- I also want to give some love to DB Coach Jahmile Addae. I've been critical of him and his group looked to be the biggest weakness headed into this matchup. But they stepped up huge against some big-time WRs. Jaden Davis, Daryl Porter and Te'Cory Couch all played some of the best football of their lives.

- James Williams looked like a five star. The referees will arrest him before the end of the season, but he cares. The closing speed on his third-down tackle at the beginning of the fourth quarter was eye-popping.

- The news on Kam Kinchens after the game was bigger than the win. He is the definition of an All-American. In many ways, he is our Ed Reed. While he has a huge future off the field, he also has a lot of dreams on the field. Thank the Lord that all of those dreams remain intact.

- The least valuable performers yesterday- the refs and the stadium DJ who played "Livin' La Vida Loca" after the last George TD.

- There are a lot of fence-sitters with this program, and I don't blame them. But this win gave them a reason to believe. That goes for fans and recruits. I expect a huge wave of momentum in the next few weeks with the fanbase, recruiting and the media. Hopefully this team handles success as well as they handle adversity.
Black And White No GIF by GritTV

Advertisement
Back