Validation

View as article
Several things that has me moving to excitement again, in the past the two turnovers would have been the things we couldn’t overcome! Then the “targeting” by Williams that the commentators and “official” ref said was clear targeting would have been in the past. Then finally Kam’s injury would have been worse. Seems like the tide of good fortune is turning all the other stuff you mentioned @DMoney were what I saw!

Advertisement
Special shouts to Daryl Porter Jr. He played some unreal football yesterday.

The way we used him yesterday was similar to prime Aaron Colvin. Killer blitz guy, played good run D, rock solid in coverage. Really showed to be a matured, reliable player. Big game for him.

These midgets out there (Porter, Davis, Couch) reminded of guys like Rodney Bellinger, CJ Richardson, Selwyn Brown, Robert Bailey. Y'all know what I mean. Just feisty, cero miedo type corners that don't know they are like 5'9" and don't care. Gonna get beat, but they are just a pain in the *** for 60 minutes. May not be Top 150 players all-time here, but corners in that image.

Both brothers had tough games but they kept fighting. This game was a huge win and should make this team better if they keep their head on straight and keep working.

We took our lumps, some players had some big mistakes but the boys kept fighting. It was finally a nice Saturday to be a canes fan.

Yeah I’m perfectly fine with Francis freshman growing pains and really everyone else acclimating to new schemes. We look pretty good right now and should become even better with the team continuing to gel together. I would expect mental mistakes early on but it’s a great sign they fought through it. They knew they were the better team.

Walking in Publix today with my Canes shirt on

Conor Mcgregor Sport GIF by UFC

Advertisement
Side note: Jimbo is an absolute corch at this point. The sequence on 4th and an inch where they took forever to make a decision, called a TO and then false started was hilarious when they could've just easily got the 1st down with a quick qb sneak.
Yeah. That was something the Canes would have done in recent years.

Jaden Harris is about to get a big opportunity these next 2-3 weeks to really separate himself with Kam likely out minimum that amount of time. He’s looked VERY active on Special Teams in both games and I think his closing speed will be an asset.
We really shouldn't need to risk aggravating any injury until @UNC.

Great win. Happy with the team and its progress. Don't want to throw cold water on things. But, wins will be difficult and nothing is guaranteed. UM has to visit a good FSU team. UM better be super-prepared for Duke and UNC. Clemson is, well, Clemson. And, let's not overrate TAMU. They looked terrible against UM last year and were only ranked #23 despite good recruiting. Mario and Company will need more time and big-time recruits before fans can declare UM back. The way UM beat TAMU will certainly help recruiting and lay the groundwork for future success. This year's outcome, however, remains up in the air. Could be 6-6, could be 11-1.

Advertisement
Special shouts to Daryl Porter Jr. He played some unreal football yesterday.

The way we used him yesterday was similar to prime Aaron Colvin. Killer blitz guy, played good run D, rock solid in coverage. Really showed to be a matured, reliable player. Big game for him.

These midgets out there (Porter, Davis, Couch) reminded of guys like Rodney Bellinger, CJ Richardson, Selwyn Brown, Robert Bailey. Y'all know what I mean. Just feisty, cero miedo type corners that don't know they are like 5'9" and don't care. Gonna get beat, but they are just a pain in the *** for 60 minutes. May not be Top 150 players all-time here, but corners in that image.

Robert Bailey 1:24 opening kickoff

I was truly impressed the way the team came out yesterday. Never lost focus when down early in the game. The offensive play calling was the best seen in decades. The defense was aggressive and the schemes and blitzes were well executed. The team never quit never lost focus and it was just a great all around “team” effort.

I couldn’t have been happier for Mario. He’s taken a lot of **** and criticism and remained steadfast in his plan in rebuilding this program. He is the man to see this resurrection and return greatness to the gables.

as for the kichens hit. Thank God. Go canes it’s great to be.

When I saw the spring game and how the defense was much improved, I knew we had one in Guidry. I hope we can keep him for a while. I was one of the ones that was on the fence about Dawson as I wanted Mullen but he's proving me wrong. I didn't doubt that we would win, I just didn't think we'd look this good doing it with room to improve. This is the season. Go Canes!

Advertisement
Great win. Happy with the team and its progress. Don't want to throw cold water on things. But, wins will be difficult and nothing is guaranteed. UM has to visit a good FSU team. UM better be super-prepared for Duke and UNC. Clemson is, well, Clemson. And, let's not overrate TAMU. They looked terrible against UM last year and were only ranked #23 despite good recruiting. Mario and Company will need more time and big-time recruits before fans can declare UM back. The way UM beat TAMU will certainly help recruiting and lay the groundwork for future success. This year's outcome, however, remains up in the air. Could be 6-6, could be 11-1.

Miami is not playing Duke

lol...come on bro, Canes do not play Dookie this year.

Advertisement
Best part is we have so much room to improve still. Penalties, special team blunders, dropped TD pass, etc. If they can clean all of that up, as well as continue to build the roster, we'll be elite again

- This wasn't just a game between the #23 program and an unranked team. It was a game between two programs desperate for greatness. Two programs that have invested tens of millions into the cause. Two programs that have let their fanbases down for decades. It was a must win and Miami won.

- The word that comes to mind is validation. Cristobal came to town with three primary objectives- build an elite offensive line, overhaul the talent and put out a physically tough team. There has been tremendous progress in all three areas.

- Tyler Van Dyke reminds me of an old-school cowboy. Some people want him to be a more fiery leader, but his cool demeanor helps steady the tide when adversity hits. He had the same expression when we were giving the game away in the first as he did at the end. When he hit the last dagger TD to Jacolby, he walked off the field without even lifting his hands. He expece from him today.

- It took Cristobal and Mirabal one year to build the best offensive line since 2001. They were all good, and Jalen Rivers and Matt Lee in particular were outstanding. If you are elite at quarterback and offensive line, you have a chance to win a lot of games. We are. When was the last time you watched an Alabama game and felt like you were watching an inferior product at those two positions?

- As discussed on here and the CanesInSight podcast, the WR position has taken a huge leap forward. Xavier Restrepo is one of my favorite Canes in recent memory. On top of all the plays he makes, he is right there blowing people up on Brashard Smith's kickoff return. Pure football player. We missed him tremendously last year. Colbie Young is a different player now that he is in peak condition. And this game had to be an enormous confidence boost for the gifted Jacolby George. The past two staffs have been on him for inconsistency, and he was certainly inconsistent yesterday. But he persevered through the mistakes and won us the game. It was also nice to see Isaiah Horton make a monster play. He's dealt with some of the same issues as George and was injured during camp, but flashed the talent that had the staff comparing him to Ahmmon Richards.

- Lance Guidry went toe-to-toe with Bobby Petrino and put him back in a neckbrace. Texas A&M averaged 6.3 yards per pass, 3.3 per rush and turned it over three times. If not for special teams miscues and some penalties, it would have been even uglier. This is the biggest opportunity of Guidry's life and he is crushing it so far. One underrated story- the across-the-board improvement in tackling. Even when TAMU made a good play, it never became a great play because of sloppy tackling.

- Shannon Dawson also quieted some critics. This wasn't Mario force-feeding caveman football. We saw an efficient, modern offense that had no resemblance to the boring mess that went to College Station last year. The red zone calls in particular were outstanding- schemed up TDs to Young and George, and Fletcher lead blocking for a long Parrish run.

- I also want to give some love to DB Coach Jahmile Addae. I've been critical of him and his group looked to be the biggest weakness headed into this matchup. But they stepped up huge against some big-time WRs. Jaden Davis, Daryl Porter and Te'Cory Couch all played some of the best football of their lives.

- James Williams looked like a five star. The referees will arrest him before the end of the season, but he cares. The closing speed on his third-down tackle at the beginning of the fourth quarter was eye-popping.

- The news on Kam Kinchens after the game was bigger than the win. He is the definition of an All-American. In many ways, he is our Ed Reed. While he has a huge future off the field, he also has a lot of dreams on the field. Thank the Lord that all of those dreams remain intact.

- The least valuable performers yesterday- the refs and the stadium DJ who played "Livin' La Vida Loca" after the last George TD.

- There are a lot of fence-sitters with this program, and I don't blame them. But this win gave them a reason to believe. That goes for fans and recruits. I expect a huge wave of momentum in the next few weeks with the fanbase, recruiting and the media. Hopefully this team handles success as well as they handle adversity.
This is your best writeup to date. Great stuff D$

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back