Validation

View as article
Advertisement
Man I have always been a mope with hope. I talk **** when we suck becuade it’s painful when you team is basura. This team looks legit man and they about they business. Let’s go canes, I don’t want to Mope man let’s keep winning.

Great article.

1. Was tamu ever really great? Not really. No Canes. They bought Jimbo and he has been recruiting really well. But he also imploded at FSU.

2. We are back as an historic power team can be in the NIL days. We should make a big run as confidence grows. But I always remember that the 2001 team almost lost to BC.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The biggest improvement was not the play calling, offensive line or dbs. It was the fact that we got punched in the mouth early on, but we didn't give up. If last years team or any of Manny's were down 10-0 early, they would have given up and it would have been a blowout. It's clear that these players have bought in and are hungry. The other great thing is that I don't think we even played our best game. We haven't even tapped into our full potential yet, which is scary. There is a lot more work to be done

Great article.

1. Was tamu ever really great? Not really. No Canes. They bought Jimbo and he has been recruiting really well. But he also imploded at FSU.

2. We are back as an historic power team can be in the NIL days. We should make a big run as confidence grows. But I always remember that the 2001 team almost loss to BC.
this ... i don't EVER remember them being good, except for that short run with manzel ... that being said, their recruiting rankings speak for themselves and we still beat 'em .... if we talking fact, they should be labeled as the the school that doesn't develop

Advertisement
Cannot say enough about TVD and Dawson.

While we all know A&M was 5-7 last year, those struggles were largely attributed to the offense. The defense did put up a couple stinkers, but they held Bryce Young and Alabama to 24 points. They held Daniels and LSU to 23 points. And that was with mostly freshmen from that absurd 2022 class.

This year all those kids are back and older, and they had continuity with the same coordinator. So what did Miami do? Absolutely carve them up to the tune of 41 offensive points, and 8.35 yards per play. Read that again. 8.35 yards per play. That is a bludgeoning. We only ran 54 plays yesterday because of the kickoff return and their 2 long drives in the 3rd quarter. For perspective, the only games last year where we ran less were Clemson and FSU, and those, um, didn’t go well for the offense.

But on those 54 plays, Miami put up 451 yards of offense. We are now 4th in the country in yards per play. And what’s most impressive to me is the efficiency. These weren’t fluke plays or individual efforts where some Herculean player made 10 guys miss and went 80 yards. It was surgical. I haven’t done a rewatch yet, but TVD threw the ball 30 times. Did we have a single miscommunication? I don’t recall. Every receiver was exactly where he expected him to be. And of those 30 throws, he completed 21, but did he throw one inaccurate pass? I know of at least 3 drops. The screen on the last drive was an 80 yard TD but was just off Parrish’s fingertips. Every single ball was pinpoint accurate, and the receivers were on the same page with the QB the entire afternoon. Just night and day from last year. I was so impressed with TVDs accuracy, poise, and Dawson’s scheme. Having all day to throw doesn’t hurt either. Just hats all the way off to everyone on the offensive side of the ball.

I’ll leave you with this. Miami’s mark of 8.35 YPP is the worst mark allowed by A&M since the 2020 COVID season vs Alabama. Prior to that, you gotta go back to 2018 Alabama to find a mark that bad.

Dawson and TVD just chewed Durkin up and spit him out yesterday. Gorgeous to watch.
Amen! The drive at the end of the 1st half was LETHAL... and without any timeouts! We haven't seen that type of mentality/execution out of an OC and QB in these parts for a long, long time.

- This wasn't just a game between the #23 program and an unranked team. It was a game between two programs desperate for greatness. Two programs that have invested tens of millions into the cause. Two programs that have let their fanbases down for decades. It was a must win and Miami won.

- The word that comes to mind is validation. Cristobal came to town with three primary objectives- build an elite offensive line, overhaul the talent and put out a physically tough team. There has been tremendous progress in all three areas.

- Tyler Van Dyke reminds me of an old-school cowboy. Some people want him to be a more fiery leader, but his cool demeanor helps steady the tide when adversity hits. He had the same expression when we were giving the game away in the first as he did at the end. When he hit the last dagger TD to Jacolby, he walked off the field without even lifting his hands. He expected it. Superstar performance from him today.

- It took Cristobal and Mirabal one year to build the best offensive line since 2001. They were all good, and Jalen Rivers and Matt Lee in particular were outstanding. If you are elite at quarterback and offensive line, you have a chance to win a lot of games. We are. When was the last time you watched an Alabama game and felt like you were watching an inferior product at those two positions?

- As discussed on here and the CanesInSight podcast, the WR position has taken a huge leap forward. Xavier Restrepo is one of my favorite Canes in recent memory. On top of all the plays he makes, he is right there blowing people up on Brashard Smith's kickoff return. Pure football player. We missed him tremendously last year. Colbie Young is a different player now that he is in peak condition. And this game had to be an enormous confidence boost for the gifted Jacolby George. The past two staffs have been on him for inconsistency, and he was certainly inconsistent yesterday. But he persevered through the mistakes and won us the game. It was also nice to see Isaiah Horton make a monster play. He's dealt with some of the same issues as George and was injured during camp, but flashed the talent that had the staff comparing him to Ahmmon Richards.

- Lance Guidry went toe-to-toe with Bobby Petrino and put him back in a neckbrace. Texas A&M averaged 6.3 yards per pass, 3.3 per rush and turned it over three times. If not for special teams miscues and some penalties, it would have been even uglier. This is the biggest opportunity of Guidry's life and he is crushing it so far. One underrated story- the across-the-board improvement in tackling. Even when TAMU made a good play, it never became a great play because of sloppy tackling.

- Shannon Dawson also quieted some critics. This wasn't Mario force-feeding caveman football. We saw an efficient, modern offense that had no resemblance to the boring mess that went to College Station last year. The red zone calls in particular were outstanding- schemed up TDs to Young and George, and Fletcher lead blocking for a long Parrish run.

- I also want to give some love to DB Coach Jahmile Addae. I've been critical of him and his group looked to be the biggest weakness headed into this matchup. But they stepped up huge against some big-time WRs. Jaden Davis, Daryl Porter and Te'Cory Couch all played some of the best football of their lives.

- James Williams looked like a five star. The referees will arrest him before the end of the season, but he cares. The closing speed on his third-down tackle at the beginning of the fourth quarter was eye-popping.

- The news on Kam Kinchens after the game was bigger than the win. He is the definition of an All-American. In many ways, he is our Ed Reed. While he has a huge future off the field, he also has a lot of dreams on the field. Thank the Lord that all of those dreams remain intact.

- The least valuable performers yesterday- the refs and the stadium DJ who played "Livin' La Vida Loca" after the last George TD.

- There are a lot of fence-sitters with this program, and I don't blame them. But this win gave them a reason to believe. That goes for fans and recruits. I expect a huge wave of momentum in the next few weeks with the fanbase, recruiting and the media. Hopefully this team handles success as well as they handle adversity.
Great post D. Hit on it all…this win was all about will, these kids are all in 💯 super emotional yesterday, adelante.

Advertisement
**** good win! That UNC game will be huge. Both possibly undefeated at Chapel Hill. Got to fix some curses there as well.

UNC, Clemson, and FSU are the toughest tests imo. Combination of good-great QBs, great line play, skill positions and/or we haven’t beaten them in a minute.

- Tyler Van Dyke reminds me of an old-school cowboy. Some people want him to be a more fiery leader, but his cool demeanor helps steady the tide when adversity hits. He had the same expression when we were giving the game away in the first as he did at the end. When he hit the last dagger TD to Jacolby, he walked off the field without even lifting his hands. He expected it. Superstar performance from him today.
TVD kind of reminds me of Eli Manning a bit in this regard.

Great win. My voice is completely gone. Can’t wait for Thursday

Advertisement
What I saw was the best Miami team in 18 years. I see a team that can challenge for the ACC, and if we don't win it, we are going to the Orange Bowl. Get the **** out of my face, Clemson.

The Rock was banging like those Notre Dame and Virginia Tech games in 2017. The team weathered storms like we simply haven't done under every incarnation of this team since we last won a title. The QB was phenomenal. The best QB performance we've had since Dorsey was here. Shannon Dawson using my playbook from NCAA Football. Lance Guidry's defense is what I like. We run the football behind a massive offensive line with guys that simply are good at running the football. This isn't like the smoke and mirrors of the luck metric filled 2017 season. This team is built to sustain some success. The line play...ain't seen it like this in a while.

I don't think this is the same ol Texas A&M either...they might be the usual Texas 8&4, but they are a good team.

We didn't get lucky. That was a good football team on Saturday. The same good football team we saw a week ago versus the Oxford (OH) Redhawks.

I didn't say great. Didn't say we're gonna win anything. But this is a good team. A respectable team. One I am not embarrassed to go see every week. One that actually has potential.

We're finishing Top 25 with gusto.

Y'all musta forgot that Mario Cristobal is a good coach.

(we just need to tighten up on the penalties...but you eat those as part of the meal right now)

Man I have always been a mope with hope. I talk **** when we suck becuade it’s painful when you team is basura. This team looks legit man and they about they business. Let’s go canes, I don’t want to Mope man let’s keep winning.
Your handle name is @Bipolarcane

You're good and living up to your handle name. Our Canes can make us bipolar.

Great win.

Advertisement
Back