Valid points made

Advertisement
You should. This is a different century
No. It's NOT a different century. And again, just say you don't want the Canes playing like his did once he got it going and I'll never mention his name again............. Again, I reckon I'll be speaking of him going forward.

I have nothing but respect and admiration for Butch. For you younger guys Butch left UM because the administration screwed him over with a pending contract that took too many months to offer without a respectable offer. After all he had just beaten the number 1 team in the country and the team was loaded with stars. The future was EXTREMELY BRIGHT as Larry Coker found out soon. He bolted for the NFL Browns and anyone here on this board would have done the same. Much more money and a chance to coach in the NFL. The UM BOT, Blake, and former AD are fully responsible for their colossal failure to hire him back. The end result has been about 16 years of mediocrity to pathetic results. For all you football gurus understand Butch can still coach and he is WAY BETTER THAN ANYONE UM HAS HIRED SINCE HE LEFT. ****, SEC Arkansas will hire him but lowly Miami won't give him a second chance. Being in you 60's means you have wisdom, experience, AND Butch is a **** of an talent evaluator.
Will never forgive this **** school for the way they treated Butch after he brought us back from probation ****. Should have been paid or at least hired after he left UNC. Flake, Biles, Strawley, and the bums on the BOT couldn’t hire a decent coach if he agreed to work for nothing. I’ve lost all patience with these chuckleheads. That loss to FIU was just unforgivable. This program is DEAD. Just like my Redskins, I won’t watch them anymore until there’s someone competent in charge of this program. The whole bunch of these clowns, including Flake, Strawley, Biles, the BOT idiots and this school’s phantom President are incompetent as ****! They aren’t fit to run a McDonald’s franchise!

Last edited:
I have nothing but respect and admiration for Butch. For you younger guys Butch left UM because the administration screwed him over with a pending contract that took too many months to offer without a respectable offer. After all he had just beaten the number 1 team in the country and the team was loaded with stars. The future was EXTREMELY BRIGHT as Larry Coker found out soon. He bolted for the NFL Browns and anyone here on this board would have done the same. Much more money and a chance to coach in the NFL. The UM BOT, Blake, and former AD are fully responsible for their colossal failure to hire him back. The end result has been about 16 years of mediocrity to pathetic results. For all you football gurus understand Butch can still coach and he is WAY BETTER THAN ANYONE UM HAS HIRED SINCE HE LEFT. ****, SEC Arkansas will hire him but lowly Miami won't give him a second chance. Being in you 60's means you have wisdom, experience, AND Butch is a **** of an talent evaluator.

Any doubt @nickster would suck Butchs dyck if given the chance?

Stop making sh*t up too

Would you have blamed Butch if Miami has blown the BC and VT games? I guess Davis botched the Ohio State NC game.
So now that game was botched and Porter DIDN'T rob us? Really dude? Give it up man, you're straight twisting yourself into knots trying hold on the animosity you got for him. I know this ain't chess but lay the king down man. Just lay him down.

Advertisement
Any doubt @nickster would suck Butchs dyck if given the chance?

Stop making sh*t up too
Stop attacking the man personally just because you don't like Davis. Nothing he posted there is made up. It's amazing how over Shannon, Golden, and now Manny the BOT is feckless and couldn't care less about the program yet in Davis's case they're the best and would NEVER fail to act in the program's best interests. Stop it man. Just stop it.

um, Butch left because the NFL came calling. UM could have offered him the Presidency and he would have left. If the NFL gives you a contract and the keys to their franchise, you take it. And Butch did. Go to ****.

um, Butch left because the NFL came calling. UM could have offered him the Presidency and he would have left. If the NFL gives you a contract and the keys to their franchise, you take it. And Butch did. Go to ****.

Schnellenberger left to coach in that new Pro franchise, JJ left for the Pros, and yet everyone is ****y as thirteen girls because Butch left for the pros - ONLY AFTER TURNING THEM DOWN ONCE BEFORE - and UM diddling their puds with his contract.

Advertisement
Butch Davis needed a few years here to turn the corner back in the 90s. That's what I think about. Even if we hired a new Butch Davis to take us back to the promised land today, the fans would be restless by the end of his first year, and calling for his head by the middle of his second. Our impatient fans might not give him a chance to blossom before chasing him out. At some point, we are going to hire a new coach, and we need to chill out a bit while they try to fix things.

So now that game was botched and Porter didn't rob us? Really dude? Give it up man, you're straight twisting yourself into knots trying hold on the animosity you got for him. I know this ain't chess but lay the king down man. Just lay him down.
I have no animosity toward Butch Davis. I supported his hire over Shannon, Golden, and Richt. Had he been hired four years ago the program would be in far better shape today. ****, couldn’t be much worse. Would Miami be CFP caliber team on par with Alabama, OSU, OU, and Clemson? Probably not. Who knows? You think you do.

I have to chuckle at knuckleheads like you jumping into every thread, making Butch a college football coaching matyr. Davis chose to leave Miami after the 2000 season. No one put a gun to his head. No one threatened the lives of his children. He could have stayed at Miami and actually won the 2001 NC, and maybe more, and then returned to the NFL. He could demanded even more money as a multi-NC CFB HC, Super Bowl winning DC. 2x Super Bowl DL Coach. Who had that resume?

But he did not make that choice. Did he?

And yes, the Porter call cost Miami the OSU game but the game never should have come down to that moment. Never should have given up a 4th-18 pass on that drive. Miami was the better team, and deserved to be a prohibitive favorite. Except for the ‘Larry Coker’ factor.

Unless we use your logic, then it’s the ‘Butch Davis’ factor. I mean, except for true freshmen, it was ‘his team’. You want to credit him for the wins, you gotta accept responsibly for the losses.

Of course, you can’t criticize Butch, only throw blame elsewhere.

Go look in our trophy case. Clappy didn't do that.

And for the record - UM should have chosen better. They made a bad decision.

That's why we still suck. Don't be obtuse.
The choice was Butch’s, and not at all unreasonable. Money talks, Loudly. But spare me the martyrdom bullshyt, and how this year’s Miami won was personal and special. Beating a bad team coached by Manny Diaz is an accomplishment? Wow. You sound like a middle aged woman sizing up her past rivals at your 25-year high school reunion.

Advertisement
I have no animosity toward Butch Davis. I supported his hire over Shannon, Golden, and Richt. Had he been hired four years ago the program would be in far better shape today. ****, couldn’t be much worse. Would Miami be CFP caliber team on par with Alabama, OSU, OU, and Clemson? Probably not. Who knows? You think you do.

I have to chuckle at knuckleheads like you jumping into every thread, making Butch a college football coaching matyr. Davis chose to leave Miami after the 2000 season. No one put a gun to his head. No one threatened the lives of his children. He could have stayed at Miami and actually won the 2001 NC, and maybe more, and then returned to the NFL. He could demanded even more money as a multi-NC CFB HC, Super Bowl winning DC. 2x Super Bowl DL Coach. Who had that resume?

But he did not make that choice. Did he?

And yes, the Porter call cost Miami the OSU game but the game never should have come down to that moment. Never should have given up a 4th-18 pass on that drive. Miami was the better team, and deserved to be a prohibitive favorite. Except for the ‘Larry Coker’ factor.

Unless we use your logic, then it’s the ‘Butch Davis’ factor. I mean, except for true freshmen, it was ‘his team’. You want to credit him for the wins, you gotta accept responsibly for the losses.

Of course, you can’t criticize Butch, only throw blame elsewhere.
Knucklehead? Come dude we're talking football and here you come with childish personal attacks. I never said Butch can do no wrong but I refuse to be one of these never Butch people and pretend the guy is somehow an enemy to The U when he'd give dam near anything to be at the helm again. Ultimately he DID choose to leave but you act like he was supposed to accept the disrespect being shelled out by the BOT when he should've been the highest paid coach in college ball.

IIRC he also turned down Bama and the Houston Texans before taking the Browns job

I hate Hot Dog Dee, don’t rest in peace, and the Militant Dyke.

Well butch isn't here and won't be back.no need to cry about it.besides same fans loving on butch now probably the same ones funding those fire butch banners back in 98&99.life goes on you either adapt and win or cry and lose.time to move on and when we do get a decent coach fans here need give him a chance.if you don't give the next hc a chance we will never get a good coach here.

Advertisement
People hate on butch. He saved the program when no one wanted the job and change the lives of a generation of coach’s and players who came here under him. Literally allowed guys to take their families out of the ghetto and provide new lives for their kids

yeah. he’s the moses of college football.

SMFH

Knucklehead? Come dude we're talking football and here you come with childish personal attacks. I never said Butch can do no wrong but I refuse to be one of these never Butch people and pretend the guy is somehow an enemy to The U when he'd give dam near anything to be at the helm again. Ultimately he DID choose to leave but you act like he was supposed to accept the disrespect being shelled out by the BOT when he should've been the highest paid coach in college ball.
My apologies. I was referring to the ‘do no wrong’ Butch fans who revel with glee FIU beat a bad Miami team, as if out-coaching Manny Diaz is an accomplishment.

I never wrote Butch should have accepted anything. Money talks loudly, I get it. I wrote he could have stayed, won NC(s), and then returned to the NFL. His career could have had a completely different arc.

If I were AD and Butch retired from coaching I’d absolutely reach out and consult with him on the state of the program. Same as I would with Jimmy Johnson. I’d hope Alonzo Highsmith does something like this, if there’s any substance to that story.

Schnellenberger left to coach in that new Pro franchise, JJ left for the Pros, and yet everyone is ****y as thirteen girls because Butch left for the pros - ONLY AFTER TURNING THEM DOWN ONCE BEFORE - and UM diddling their puds with his contract.
Schnellenberger - pros
Johnson - pros
Erickson - pros
Butch - pros
Coker
Shannon
Golden
Richt

See a pattern?

Advertisement
Back