Valid points made

PredaCane

Ucanestopme
Here whether you like the man or not. Sure I'll get negged beyond the holy. It still doesn't change the facts presented. Say what you want, we need him back.

Advertisement
I have nothing but respect and admiration for Butch. For you younger guys Butch left UM because the administration screwed him over with a pending contract that took too many months to offer without a respectable offer. After all he had just beaten the number 1 team in the country and the team was loaded with stars. The future was EXTREMELY BRIGHT as Larry Coker found out soon. He bolted for the NFL Browns and anyone here on this board would have done the same. Much more money and a chance to coach in the NFL. The UM BOT, Blake, and former AD are fully responsible for their colossal failure to hire him back. The end result has been about 16 years of mediocrity to pathetic results. For all you football gurus understand Butch can still coach and he is WAY BETTER THAN ANYONE UM HAS HIRED SINCE HE LEFT. ****, SEC Arkansas will hire him but lowly Miami won't give him a second chance. Being in you 60's means you have wisdom, experience, AND Butch is a **** of an talent evaluator.

I have nothing but respect and admiration for Butch. For you younger guys Butch left UM because the administration screwed him over with a pending contract that took too many months to offer without a respectable offer. After all he had just beaten the number 1 team in the country and the team was loaded with stars. The future was EXTREMELY BRIGHT as Larry Coker found out soon. He bolted for the NFL Browns and anyone here on this board would have done the same. Much more money and a chance to coach in the NFL. The UM BOT, Blake, and former AD are fully responsible for their colossal failure to hire him back. The end result has been about 16 years of mediocrity to pathetic results. For all you football gurus understand Butch can still coach and he is WAY BETTER THAN ANYONE UM HAS HIRED SINCE HE LEFT. ****, SEC Arkansas will hire him but lowly Miami won't give him a second chance. Being in you 60's means you have wisdom, experience, AND Butch is a **** of an talent evaluator.
That is absolutely not the whole truth about the situation that took place when Butch left.

Advertisement
Yawn. Butch never should have left Miami after the 2000 season. You say left for money? He has no axe to grind. He knew he was leaving multiple NCs on the table. He could have stayed at Miami, possibly won a NC, maybe more, and then returned to the NFL. He wasn’t Greg Schiano, stupidly pulled from Rutgers to coach the Bucs. Butch would have other NFL offers.

Instead of a NC-winning college coach and successful NFL career his legacy is exchanging titles for money, a one-shot fired NFL coach, fired in scandal at UNC, and coaching at FIU.

Amen.gif

Advertisement
That's the problem. Everyone acts like this isnt reality and therefore dont see the urgency in fixing it.
People hate on butch. He saved the program when no one wanted the job and change the lives of a generation of coach’s and players who came here under him. Literally allowed guys to take their families out of the ghetto and provide new lives for their kids

People hate on butch. He saved the program when no one wanted the job and change the lives of a generation of coach’s and players who came here under him. Literally allowed guys to take their families out of the ghetto and provide new lives for their kids
It's called ignorance is bliss. People only know the lies they're told and some people simply dont slander everyone to save face. Butch is the devil because he didnt fall on the sword and get ****ed by the admin. He left because they gave him no choice. Heaven forbid he gets a lil clarity for himself after everything he did for us. Dont get me wrong. I was hot at him at first. I was one of the people he left here. But when he told me the situation years later I couldnt be mad at that. Some of the stories I've heard throughout the years from different coaches from butch to Jimmie to sarge to chuck to art,etc and knowing first hand how players are fone here as well it really makes you sick of fans when they have nothing but **** to say not knowing the reality of the stories. Yall really think schools are gonna let a story go public that makes them look bad...

Yawn. Butch never should have left Miami after the 2000 season. You say left for money? He has no axe to grind. He knew he was leaving multiple NCs on the table. He could have stayed at Miami, possibly won a NC, maybe more, and then returned to the NFL. He wasn’t Greg Schiano, stupidly pulled from Rutgers to coach the Bucs. Butch would have other NFL offers.

Instead of a NC-winning college coach and successful NFL career his legacy is exchanging titles for money, a one-shot fired NFL coach, fired in scandal at UNC, and coaching at FIU.
soon to be coaching at Arkansas

Advertisement
It's called ignorance is bliss. People only know the lies they're told and some people simply dont slander everyone to save face. Butch is the devil because he didnt fall on the sword and get ****ed by the admin. He left because they gave him no choice. Heaven forbid he gets a lil clarity for himself after everything he did for us. Dont get me wrong. I was hot at him at first. I was one of the people he left here. But when he told me the situation years later I couldnt be mad at that. Some of the stories I've heard throughout the years from different coaches from butch to Jimmie to sarge to chuck to art,etc and knowing first hand how players are fone here as well it really makes you sick of fans when they have nothing but **** to say not knowing the reality of the stories. Yall really think schools are gonna let a story go public that makes them look bad...
Shalala always wanted Alvarez here

You forgot something.

Whipping UM's *** at UNC and now FIU.

Starting to sink in yet?

Advertisement
You forgot something.

Whipping UM's *** at UNC and now FIU.

Starting to sink in yet?
Instead of a NC-winning college coach and successful NFL career, Davis returned to college and went 4-2 against his former employer’s average to bad teams. All while never winning a conference championship .

Better?

Last edited:
She wanted any of her people from Wisconsin she could stick us with
She went to Syracuse and Wisconsin and walks around like she went to some Ivy League school smug troll. I hope Salazar beats her this time

Advertisement
Back