Valid points made

My apologies. I was referring to the ‘do no wrong’ Butch fans who revel with glee FIU beat a bad Miami team, as if out-coaching Manny Diaz is an accomplishment.

I never wrote Butch should have accepted anything. Money talks loudly, I get it. I wrote he could have stayed, won NC(s), and then returned to the NFL. His career could have had a completely different arc.

If I were AD and Butch retired from coaching I’d absolutely reach out and consult with him on the state of the program. Same as I would with Jimmy Johnson. I’d hope Alonzo Highsmith does something like this, if there’s any substance to that story.
That makes better sense. I take no joy in ANY Miami loss. EVER. At the same time, I seriously question anyone speaking of Butch as though he's an enemy of the Miami state. The guy wants to return us to glory yet these people are opposed to that.

Advertisement
The choice was Butch’s, and not at all unreasonable. Money talks, Loudly. But spare me the martyrdom bullshyt, and how this year’s Miami won was personal and special. Beating a bad team coached by Manny Diaz is an accomplishment? Wow. You sound like a middle aged woman sizing up her past rivals at your 25-year high school reunion.

Butch was offered the Browns job. He turned it down. Was going to stay at UM - agent handling contract - UM dragged it out until the last minute. Brown's offered again - UM ******** him over on contract - deadline imminent - UM clearly didn't want him - so he goes to the Browns.

You're obviously a Democrat - don't want to hear anything other than what you've concocted in your mind - but I'll point this one thing out"

This wasn't a one time deal - beating MANNY. Butch has a habit of beating UM. Four times, lightning has stuck with the same man.

You don't sound like a middle aged woman sizing up her past rivals at your 25-year reunion.

You just sound like an uninformed, middle aged woman.

Butch was offered the Browns job. He turned it down. Was going to stay at UM - agent handling contract - UM dragged it out until the last minute. Brown's offered again - UM ******** him over on contract - deadline imminent - UM clearly didn't want him - so he goes to the Browns.

You're obviously a Democrat - don't want to hear anything other than what you've concocted in your mind - but I'll point this one thing out"

This wasn't a one time deal - beating MANNY. Butch has a habit of beating UM. Four times, lightning has stuck with the same man.

You don't sound like a middle aged woman sizing up her past rivals at your 25-year reunion.

Didn't Butch also turn down Bama and the Houston Texans around the same time?

Hot Dog Dee and the Militant Midget ****ed us and not in a good way.

During offseason before Davis’s first season, nine Panthers ran the 40-yard dash in 4.7 second or less. That number this offseason was 47. “We’re making strides,” he says. “We’ve gotten faster, stronger, bigger.”

The right mentality about talent.

Didn't Butch also turn down Bama and the Houston Texans around the same time?

Hot Dog Dee and the Militant Midget ****ed us and not in a good way.

Many programs saw what Butch was doing - and even Arkansas somewhere in there - I believe - was courting Butch - but the problem for many was the timing.

The coaching openings sometimes were a bit off with when he was available. He really did intend to reap the benefits of all his work at UM and stay at UM. It was just about to happen - sanction effects were at an end, his recruits were ready for a National Championship - and then UM crapped it up for everyone - ignorant- non-interested, academia dumbasses.

Sorta like we got now.

Advertisement
Many programs saw what Butch was doing - and even Arkansas somewhere in there - I believe - was courting Butch - but the problem for many was the timing.

The coaching openings sometimes were a bit off with when he was available. He really did intend to reap the benefits of all his work at UM and stay at UM. It was just about to happen - sanction effects were at an end, his recruits were ready for a National Championship - and then UM crapped it up for everyone - ignorant- non-interested, academia dumbasses.

Sorta like we got now.
It’s sad that fans don’t see The Militant Dyke was bad for the football program

The Panthers are unafraid, too. In fact, Davis wants to play Miami again. He believes the two programs should meet twice a decade, giving a player at least one taste of this simmering rivalry. There is no future game scheduled between the schools, and Davis is unsure if the Hurricanes even want to play again. He knows that the most recent result didn’t help in the matter. “Yeah,” he chuckles, “probably not.”
The GOD

Just make sure you wipe yourself off yourself when you're done.

Easy bro. My mom is a middle aged woman.

Advertisement

This wasn't a one-time deal - beating MANNY. Butch has a habit of beating UM. Four times, lightning has stuck with the same man.

You don't sound like a middle-aged woman sizing up her past rivals at your 25-year reunion.

You just sound like an uninformed, middle-aged woman.

Wait a minute dude! UM offered Davis a new contract during the 2000 season. Davis was the one who insisted on putting the deal off until the end of the season. Davis did not turn the Browns down, he was leveraging UM's contract with the Browns while stringing UM along the whole time in the event negotiations with the Browns fell thru. At every turn, Davis was slow playing UM until he got guaranteed money from Cleveland. Davis' conduct during these negotiations burned a lot of bridges at UM. As much as I respect the work you have to wonder with a resume like Davis' why is FIU the best he can do.

Butch Davis needed a few years here to turn the corner back in the 90s. That's what I think about. Even if we hired a new Butch Davis to take us back to the promised land today, the fans would be restless by the end of his first year, and calling for his head by the middle of his second. Our impatient fans might not give him a chance to blossom before chasing him out. At some point, we are going to hire a new coach, and we need to chill out a bit while they try to fix things.
You’re confusing cause and effect. Waiing isn’t just useless — it’s harmful! — if you have the wrong person. Unless you think Coker, Shannon or Golden would have improved with time, your point makes no sense. The issue wasn’t impatience, it was coaching incompetence. The one thing worse than hiring badly is failing to recognize a mistake and correct it.

You’re confusing cause and effect. Waiing isn’t just useless — it’s harmful! — if you have the wrong person. Unless you think Coker, Shannon or Golden would have improved with time, your point makes no sense. The issue wasn’t impatience, it was coaching incompetence. The one thing worse than hiring badly is failing to recognize a mistake and correct it.
Agreed.

Manny didn’t finish 6-6 with 3-4 losses to better teams in Top 5/10/15/25. He lost to GT, FIU, and Duke. He and his staff were out-coached in nearly every game. Miami could have lost at home to Central Michigan if CMU had receivers who could catch a football, and needed late rallies to beat UVA and Pittsburgh.

The Canes coaching talent gap on the sideline is an abyss, the cause for this past poor season, and the reason to expect no improvement in 2020.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Wait a minute dude! UM offered Davis a new contract during the 2000 season. Davis was the one who insisted on putting the deal off until the end of the season. Davis did not turn the Browns down, he was leveraging UM's contract with the Browns while stringing UM along the whole time in the event negotiations with the Browns fell thru. At every turn, Davis was slow playing UM until he got guaranteed money from Cleveland. Davis' conduct during these negotiations burned a lot of bridges at UM. As much as I respect the work you have to wonder with a resume like Davis' why is FIU the best he can do.

Nope.

UM's offer was largely agreed upon - but except for one, little part - and UM dragged out the process.

Advertisement
Back