Valentine Thread: Set to visit this weekend....maybe.

This is over. Didn't Matt Thomas have to be convinced to OV to Miami last year also?

If he doesn't even want to visit what gives any of you hope he'll re-commit?

Advertisement
This should be posted anytime someone takes up for "genron". But but but he's really a Miami fan... Disgusting. Thanks to the poster for bringing this tweet to the message board.

Jon Drummond ‏@ManleadingMen 2m
@TimBrewster Thanks for stopping by the school and offering some of our student athletes. #Champagnat #Levels #FSU #hometeam #305Tally

Who the **** defends this guy? WTF

Advertisement
This should be posted anytime someone takes up for "genron". But but but he's really a Miami fan... Disgusting. Thanks to the poster for bringing this tweet to the message board.

Jon Drummond ‏@ManleadingMen 2m
@TimBrewster Thanks for stopping by the school and offering some of our student athletes. #Champagnat #Levels #FSU #hometeam #305Tally

Pete does a good job but he should kick his own *** for sticking up for this puke scum.

Feet like Gregory Hines

Kid with the Bandana in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlCoSZXdGJ8

Jesus, I never knew Freddie Booth-Lloyd was so agile.

I liked FBL as a prospect, only issue is his base. For his size I've never seen a lineman so agile. But given his body proportion, how's it going to handle the extra weight? Still though, I hope that kid balls out in college.
Extra Weight? Kid is already 330 bro...  He needs to lose some of that belly and will be a MONSTER... 

I have finally given up all hope for TV. The staff should do the same. I'm sure they can find better uses of time and resources this week. Let's go all in on Lamont.

And we will keep losing kids as long as we don't play the game$$$$$$. Period. Pay me 150k yearly, hand me some bread and let me go to work. No way UM misses on a top kid at a position of need in OUR backyard. Alfraud, you listening?!?!?

This crap happens all over the country, but it's insane out how many people have their hands out in South Florida. Guys like Genron are the cancers that continue to make money off of these kids that actually put in the work.

Advertisement
Biggest joke program to ever win multiple titles.

Donna Shalala and company have closed the door shut on this program forever. Was nice while it lasted. But it's officially dead.

Biggest joke program to ever win multiple titles.

Donna Shalala and company have closed the door shut on this program forever. Was nice while it lasted. But it's officially dead.

Landing TV would change that for you? Will you be changing your name to "MilesShowers"?

This seems prety simple to me. LSU bought him now they own him. Go on an official and lose the cash. End of story.

Advertisement
LET

IT

GO...

****... patrick peterson

dwayne bowe..

let it go... lol this ain't new..

This is over. Didn't Matt Thomas have to be convinced to OV to Miami last year also?

If he doesn't even want to visit what gives any of you hope he'll re-commit?
I believe he took a weird *** mid-week OV..

Yeah guess Matthew Thomas was practically forced so he came mid-week, he wouldn't even give us a weekend (he chose USC for the OV that weekend I believe). Also can't help but to remember Sony visiting for the GaTech and getting absolute superstar treatment (walking through the teams pregame stretch with Golden) and seeing him in th stands looking miserable like he'd rather be locked in a bathroom with the lights shut off.

So frustrating, wish these kids would be leaders and commit to turning our program around and getting us back to the top of the college football world like we had been for so long. Whatever, I'll stand and rally behind the guys who did committ and are those leaders we desperately need who want to be part of the team that brought us back to the top. For every TV there's a Trevor Darking or KC McDermott and Chad Thomas who exemplify the very definition if what a Miami Hurricane is and should be.

Hope we finish this class strong with a few more leaders and get working through spring ball getting ready for next season. Go Canes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So in the past day, I have learned Valentine won't take his visit this weekend, he will take the visit this weekend, and now he's not sure if he'll take his visit this weekend....sweet.

Well, apparently you haven't learned anything. Nor have most of the posters in this thread. I provided, in several different posts throughout this forum, what I have heard is the real situation and it might have nothing to do with Golden, money, Genron, scheme, boys at LSU....it might have to do with whether he can get in and succeed academically at UM. LSU is reportedly trying to keep him from visiting. If he visits, the success of the visit will not be up to the coaches, necessarily..it might be up to the academic people who talk to him. I trust my source, although I can't say with absolutely certainty that he's right on this one. But he just might be.

Valentine Won’t Visit Miami This Weekend; LSU Commitment Imminent
Posted by: Brandon Odoi in Football Recruiting 1 hour ago 0 188 Views

(Miami, Fl) The annual battles to win recruits, turn to war’s at the end of January every year. This year is no different as 2014 DT Travonte Valentine has decided that he will not take an official visit to Miami this weekend, virtually sealing his impending commitment to LSU on National Signing Day next Wednesday.
Shortly after an in-home visit with LSU coaches, the Miami target and former verbal commitment Valentine told a source informing CaneINsider that he will not visit Miami this weekend for an official visit as previously planned.
“Coach Miles just left with Corey Raymond,” he told a source. “It went great,” Valentine said of the in-home visit.
Valentine, fresh off an official visit to Baton Rouge this past weekend hosted Tigers’ head coach Les Miles and defensive backs coach Corey Raymond in his mother’s Brevard County home Wednesday evening. Valentine, when asked, said the difference between LSU and Miami was the family feel.
“LSU felt like home, chillin with my homeboys [John] Battle, Rashard Robinson and [Maquedius] Bain,” he said. Battle is a South Florida native who has verbally committed to be a part of the Bayou Bengals 2014 recruiting class out of Hallandale High School. Robinson and Bain are also native South Floridians who are freshman members of the LSU squad.
Though not originally from South Florida, Valentine has developed relationships with those players and in the end, they were too good to pass up.
“I’m wearing No.50,” Valentine told a source of his decision to play at LSU.
Tra Valentine Valentine Wont Visit Miami This Weekend; LSU Commitment Imminent
Travonte Valentine, via Mike Tunsil on Facebook
It’s the number he selected to play with at LSU and the number he donned while on his official visit last week.
A separate source told CaneINsider earlier in the week that Valentine silently committed to play for the Tigers in mid-November. After backing away from his verbal commitment to the Hurricanes during the first of the year while playing in the U.S. Army All-American game in San Antonio, TX, Valentine has given Miami a chance but the Hurricanes had too much ground to make up as of now. In the world of recruiting its hard to rule any possibilities out. Every situation is fluid till the ink dries on the paper.
Valentine will make his decision public on February 5th, national signing day during a televised announcement at his high school, Champagnat Catholic.

Advertisement
Back