Valentine Thread: Set to visit this weekend....maybe.

Advertisement
Where is FBL going? I watched highlights on him months ago and was impressed, although he really looked fat. Some of our greatest DTs ever came in fat and had to lose weight before they became elite: Russ Maryland and Cortez Kennedy.

Where is FBL going? I watched highlights on him months ago and was impressed, although he really looked fat. Some of our greatest DTs ever came in fat and had to lose weight before they became elite: Russ Maryland and Cortez Kennedy.

He committed here to Temple on Tuesday. He was previously committed to Tulane.

CaneInsider also said Jimbo was going to Texas.

It's unlikely TV comes here, but consider the source.

Advertisement
Biggest joke program to ever win multiple titles.

Donna Shalala and company have closed the door shut on this program forever. Was nice while it lasted. But it's officially dead.
Hopefully you will choose another team to follow then. GTFO!!!!

I don't know what to make of that TV film. It looks like he's a man playing junior high kids. I saw video months ago and since it wasn't ground level I couldn't tell that he might have been playing puppies in that game, too.

I read here he was dominating, at times,at the All Star game.

It's very hard to tell anything from tapes, videos, highlights. etc. You usually only see the best plays. There was a kid on one of these boards a few nights ago, a RB from Louisiana, who wanted to be recruited by UM. He linked to his HUDL video and it was the first truly honest one I remember seeing because it showed almost every carry he made, every five yard gain, every three yard gain, not just a few 60 yard gains like everybody else's highlights which are very selective.

Even when I watched Gailliard in the All-Star drills, I saw one rep of one one-on-one drill. ONE. That was against Darling, I think, and Lamont looked flat-footed. You can't make a judgment off of one rep. Especially in drills. Now we know Lamont was hurting, and he should not have even been there. I'm old enough to be Lamont's grandfather, and have developed many of the age-related back issues that are common for older people. Disks, stenosis, sciatica, etc. Very common as you get older, and nothing to sneeze at. They can be very painful and very disabling. It's not the kind of pain that you learn to play through as a player. It's more disabling than that. I'm amazed Lamont even tried to go at the All Star game. I saw junior highlights of Lamont and the other DL, Landry, and they were both very impressive and I was extremely upset the coaching staff was not responding.

When I look at a picture of Lamont, I like the way he's put together. He truly is built like a brick s--thouse. I hope he gets his back issues squared away. A young man like Lamont doesn't deserve to have his potential cut off by that kind of problem.

I hope we have a shot. Oh, and the lesson, I think, is that you can't always many final judgments and evaluations solely on one set of videos, such as highlights in a single game, or drills, or whatever.

Enjoy bonding with the four 305 guys in Baton Rouge. Wish we had South Florida players on our squad as it may have tipped the scales in our favor

Advertisement
It's bull****. He's from Palm Bay.

Even when he first committed many thought he wouldn't end up here and frankly I'm tired of hearing about him already.

He committed here to Temple on Tuesday. He was previously committed to Tulane.

Is FBL the kid from Cocoa? I don't feel like looking it up now. That was my recollection. I went to Cocoa High for a short period of time many years ago. One of the few HS in Florida to actually have an alumnus in the College Football Hall of Fame: Bob Anderson, the great Army RB from the '50's.

Trivia not many on here will know. Back when Army was good, really good.

When I was in HS in the sixties Brevard County football was down, it took off again with Merritt Island winning state championships, great players coming out of schools all over the county (except Cocoa Beach). Palm Bay, Merritt Island, lots of talent. I think TV is from Melbourne. That's probably why Hurlie and his stepfather are friends.

If true, this kid is officially disowned. Every time he comes back home to S.FL, he will hear the hate...#TRAITOR

Advertisement
If true, this kid is officially disowned. Every time he comes back home to S.FL, he will hear the hate...#TRAITOR

Nah...you could say that about a million kids who have forsaken the U for a school outside south Florida. There have been tons over the years. LSU came in with the goal of persuading this kid from not visiting. Had he visited, we had a decent shot of flipping him. I still think they scared him about whether he can succeed at UM academically. If we can get him to come, we might be able to undo the damage. Just a hunch.

Here again, I heard a story completely at odds with all the BS about Genron, $$$, scheme, his "boys", etc.

I dunno, maybe I'm wrong. I actually think he'd like to come to Miami, but I think there's been some very negative recruiting by LSU and they scared him away from UM due to academics.

Chill.

How can you tell people to chill? Miami became great because South Floridians wanted to stay home and make their U great (see Demetrius Jackson quotes). Fck these guys like Valentine and Cook that are selling out and going to programs that are already at the elite level (btw - lmao at Dalvin Cook wanting to be a program changer and committing to the national champs). These clowns don't want to stay home and represent their hometown, and we're supposed to be forgiving? Maybe it's because I'm from philly, but I will boo a sellout like these two every time I see them. No respect for guys who don't wanna put the U on their helmets and bring back the greatness.

Advertisement
Biggest joke program to ever win multiple titles.

Donna Shalala and company have closed the door shut on this program forever. Was nice while it lasted. But it's officially dead.

And you are posting the same garbage in every recruiting thread for what reason? If the program is garbage why don't you go root for Arkansas?

Advertisement
Back