Valentine down to Two !!

I remember Valentine complaining openly about our defense being unable to stop anyone. Shortly thereafter, he started hedging on his commitment. Then, when Al went ALWOL, he dumped us. I'd say there's more to his interest in LSU than wanting to get paid off. That ****'s insulting to the kid anyway.

Guys rail about the real talk about our defense being a **** show as being bad for recruiting, but then they openly talk about kids looking for money or not having grades when neither of those might be true. At least the talk about our defense is all true.

First his grades are good it was always core classes. Second, just because $$$ is flying around doesn't mean it's the kid asking for it. These $EC schools get a hold of their mentors or coaches and sometimes it flows that way and the mentors and coaches get in these kids ears about certain schools. Can you imagine those around him pushing L$U, what they were saying about Miami after the bowl game and then the Golden fiasco. Yes your right the defense stinks and Miami had all the momentum until the FSU game and Duke injury. Losing to inferior teams and getting your *** kicked on national TV hurt really bad. They have to play better period.

I'm just not as sure as you are that everyone's getting paid off. People around him are probably talking about how ****** UM is because maybe they want to see him play in a better defense and improve his stock for the NFL. Listen, man. I'm the biggest homer around, and I've always been pro-UM on everything. I'd go to UM no matter what was going on. But even I would have a tough time telling him why he'd better off playing in Golden/Duh's defense than in Chavis's.

It's a tough argument, but it's one that we need to win. We're lucky we have Hurlie and the hometown advantage. Hopefully, those 2 things win out.

There's a reason why kids and their handlers listen to $EC schools when come calling. By the way, paying kids in South Florida is the norm, kids are getting paid from their pop warner days, ask around to the people in the know down there.

So listening to LSU has nothing to do with them being a top team almost every year and normally fielding very good defenses? It's all about pay offs?

And I don't need an education on S. FL football. I've lived down here a long time. I just find the selective pay off theories laughable. Every time Al fcks up it's because someone's getting paid or some other lame reason.

TV was always a soft commit. LSU has been after him for awhile. No question Al ******* up had something to do with it but those close to him and not family they want him at UM, are pushing for LSU. You tell me why then?

Advertisement
I swear these Golden disciples have a rolodex of excuses and cliches with them at all times.

It's really quite comical at this point.

I seriously hope nobody here has any hope left. Will make it tougher for you when he ***** all over us.

This is just a chance for him to mock us a second time.

LSU was gonna with hold the duffle bags if he made a trip to Tejas. They don't want to compete with that Arab money.

This makes utterly no sense whatsoever. So they were gonna with hold money because they are scared of Tejas' bigger money, and the recruit at hand that supposedly is only really listening to LSU because of money listened to the request????

I think some of that was hyperbole. Probably sounds like L$U's people threatened whatever sweetheart deal they are offering TV if he went to UT on a visit. I dont necessarily thinkg UT was going to offer $$ to TV. Way too soon for Strong to have that system up and running there.

What's bothering me is this is starting to feel like the Patrick Peterson thing all over again.

Well we beat them head to head for Carter and Burns last year.......

They must have forgot their checkbooks on those recruiting visits. LULZ at the selective pay off theories on here.

Man, just use the Fony Michel thing as exhibit A. Supposedly he got paid by UGA. Yet the year before the state of Georgia had its best year in God knows how long. 4 of them were five star including two top 5 national guys in Lawson n Nkemdiche. Well apparently UGA also forgot their check books for all four of those guys and 12 of the top 15 in the state that year. This year LSU has super stud Willis in their back yard whose hot mom is a huge LSU fan, well they forgot the check book again as the kid is going to UF.

Advertisement
I seriously hope nobody here has any hope left. Will make it tougher for you when he ***** all over us.

This is just a chance for him to mock us a second time.

No chance. Another DT fail. Anyone that uses the money excuse is definitely not a ******* moron.

This staff can't close DTs. Period.

This makes utterly no sense whatsoever. So they were gonna with hold money because they are scared of Tejas' bigger money, and the recruit at hand that supposedly is only really listening to LSU because of money listened to the request????

I think some of that was hyperbole. Probably sounds like L$U's people threatened whatever sweetheart deal they are offering TV if he went to UT on a visit. I dont necessarily thinkg UT was going to offer $$ to TV. Way too soon for Strong to have that system up and running there.

What's bothering me is this is starting to feel like the Patrick Peterson thing all over again.

They must have forgot their checkbooks on those recruiting visits. LULZ at the selective pay off theories on here.

Man, just use the Fony Michel thing as exhibit A. Supposedly he got paid by UGA. Yet the year before the state of Georgia had its best year in God knows how long. 4 of them were five star including two top 5 national guys in Lawson n Nkemdiche. Well apparently UGA also forgot their check books for all four of those guys and 12 of the top 15 in the state that year. This year LSU has super stud Willis in their back yard whose hot mom is a huge LSU fan, well they forgot the check book again as the kid is going to UF.

Laugh it up, but I have FIRST hand knowledge of UGA boosters that have paid players. I told the story on these boards a year ago, maybe longer. Only "inside" knowledge I really have ever had about pay for play, after an afternoon of drinkign with a UGA booster.

Laugh it up, but I have FIRST hand knowledge of UGA boosters that have paid players. I told the story on these boards a year ago, maybe longer. Only "inside" knowledge I really have ever had about pay for play, after an afternoon of drinkign with a UGA booster.

lol. Sure THING pal.

Advertisement
Not the same thing. They wanted burns and Carter, but not the same way they are going after Valentine IMO. Not every kid they go after/offer do they go "all in" for. They do it for those rare talents that they refuse to miss on. The Patrick Petersons. Dwayne Bowe's. Valentine is that kind of kid IMO. This is the type of kid they will really throw money around for. We have to hope that the family connections and his desire to stay home is strong enough.

And why wasn't Burns one of those kids? I understand Carter, but who sais that they didn't go all out for Burns? The kid has 1st round written all over him.......

Well probably needs for one thing. They had 1 5 star and 3 4 Star DBs they took in last year's class. So they probably didnt feel the need to go all in on either of these kids. In CONTRAST, they only took 2 DTs last year and only 1 was a 4 star. They have NO DTs committed so far this year. Valentine would be the best DT they have brought in the last 3 years. He's the kind of kid you spend money for. Honestly, if UM had the resources and ability, he would be the kind of kid they would spend the money on.

You are correct on that TV is the best DT they might land in the last three years, but the DB situation you layer out is skewed. First out of all the DBs they got only one guy was the prospect Burns was and second that guy and another guy didn't commit til around NSD. Also back to the Valentine situation, LSU had a stud DT in their back yard in Willis and they lost him, did they not open the check book there? I knw p,ayers get paid but its such a cop out in all of it. Every time we lose a recruit, well he got paid, but what about all the guys we beat those schools out for?

That's bullsh*t. I never said every time we lose a recruit he got paid. That is the strawman that you cats make up to make it seem like it NEVER happens. Which is also bullsh*t. I have said several times, **** several times JUST TODAY, that I agree its only a handful of "elite" kids who are getting the real money. But TV is that kind of talent, IMO. LSU is HURTING at DT. They have not had a kid like TV in 3 years on the hook. Yes, they were after Artie and Burns, but not NEARLY as hard as they have been coming at TV. And the minute that Genron got involved, you KNOW shady sh*t was going to happen. What do you think Genron the "handler's" interest is in all this? That he's such a benevolent human being he's doing all this out of the goodness of his heart? Come on man. This is South Florida recruiting here. With a notorious street agent. LOL. And you guys are going to act like its unfathomable that L$U is going to open the checkbook for this kid??

And FOR THE RECORD, I have NEVER said that the ONLY reason TV is considering LSU is $$$. That WOULD be insulting to the kid. LSU has been a solid team, with a great defense, and great DTs for years now. So ANY top kid would be justified in seriously looking at them. But when L$U goes all in on a kid like this, that they REALLY want, and REALLY need, HISTORY suggests they wont be denied, and its often been for $$$ reasons.

Rich coming from the straw an himself......
First you can't prove whether or not they wanted TV or Burns more, you surmise but you have zero proof whatsoever. Also I never said you said every recruit that we lose gets paid, what I said that this overall notion starts to become an excuse. It was used with Powell most recently.

I don't doubt that, but what the **** happened in 2013 then? Cause UGA needs help on defense, and RB is the least of their worries right now.

Did we pay Burns and Carter? Pretty sure LSU came after them the same way last year.

Are we paying Chad Thomas? Every SEC schools is after him...

Al4Life is getting downright scary at this point.

Dudes on here claim intimate knowledge of pay off schemes, so maybe they should do an expose' on it instead of 40000000000 endless paragraphs on here. Turn the crooks in if you know so much.

P.S. Let me throw in some additional LULZ at the guys who claim to have in depth knowledge of Valentine's academic situation.

Perhaps we should open up a new forum on CIS called "Prophets", because we sure seem to have quite a few on here, Or maybe they're tapping into an NSA football database. Some just need to ease up on the herb, then again.........

Advertisement
Valentine loves Miami, it's the other people around him pushing L$U

While true, there are things ($$$$) L$U has going for it in his eyes also. He does have a very close relationship with Hurlie Brown, and Hurlie is close with his step father. That's basically what's keeping us in this. Our staff is also very well aware of the $$ situation with LSU.

I remember Valentine complaining openly about our defense being unable to stop anyone. Shortly thereafter, he started hedging on his commitment. Then, when Al went ALWOL, he dumped us. I'd say there's more to his interest in LSU than wanting to get paid off. That ****'s insulting to the kid anyway.

Guys rail about the real talk about our defense being a **** show as being bad for recruiting, but then they openly talk about kids looking for money or not having grades when neither of those might be true. At least the talk about our defense is all true.

I don't disagree about our defense, but the money stuff is real in this case. It sucks, and to be honest I don't begrudge any kid taking money....I'm all for it. Universities make tons of money off their free labor (scholarship whatever).It just sucks that we can't play those games.

Good to here.

I think playing time will be the key with him. UM > LSU at starting as a freshman.

I think he has the potential to start and be an acc all-american

Advertisement
I think it'll be too tough for TV to turn down Hurlie & Golden..

I agree. If we stay on him hard (which we better be doing...) and he makes that visit which I think he will, I think his conscience is really going to tell him he should be going to Miami. That being said nothing in recruiting will ever surprise me again, ever.

This is definitely going to come down to the wire, I can see it bouncing either way. Hope we finally end up on the right side of one of these situations.

First his grades are good it was always core classes. Second, just because $$$ is flying around doesn't mean it's the kid asking for it. These $EC schools get a hold of their mentors or coaches and sometimes it flows that way and the mentors and coaches get in these kids ears about certain schools. Can you imagine those around him pushing L$U, what they were saying about Miami after the bowl game and then the Golden fiasco. Yes your right the defense stinks and Miami had all the momentum until the FSU game and Duke injury. Losing to inferior teams and getting your *** kicked on national TV hurt really bad. They have to play better period.

I'm just not as sure as you are that everyone's getting paid off. People around him are probably talking about how ****** UM is because maybe they want to see him play in a better defense and improve his stock for the NFL. Listen, man. I'm the biggest homer around, and I've always been pro-UM on everything. I'd go to UM no matter what was going on. But even I would have a tough time telling him why he'd better off playing in Golden/Duh's defense than in Chavis's.

It's a tough argument, but it's one that we need to win. We're lucky we have Hurlie and the hometown advantage. Hopefully, those 2 things win out.

There's a reason why kids and their handlers listen to $EC schools when come calling. By the way, paying kids in South Florida is the norm, kids are getting paid from their pop warner days, ask around to the people in the know down there.

So listening to LSU has nothing to do with them being a top team almost every year and normally fielding very good defenses? It's all about pay offs?

And I don't need an education on S. FL football. I've lived down here a long time. I just find the selective pay off theories laughable. Every time Al fcks up it's because someone's getting paid or some other lame reason.

****, if I had a kid who was an elite DT, I'd have no problem with him wanting to go to LSU.

Must be the $$$ tho. Not a good team, best conference, sold out crowds, NFL pedigree with position, elite D-co-ordinator.

So, I assume when TV was committed to us, Genron didn't have his hand out then, but does now? Or we got outbid?

****, if I had a kid who was an elite DT, I'd have no problem with him wanting to go to LSU.

Must be the $$$ tho. Not a good team, best conference, sold out crowds, NFL pedigree with position, elite D-co-ordinator.

So, I assume when TV was committed to us, Genron didn't have his hand out then, but does now? Or we got outbid?

Are you just being deliberately obtuse or do you not bother to think things through before you post?

First off, NO ONE has said that the only reason TV would consider LSU is because of $$$. I think everyone here WELL acknowledges that they have been a very good program, with tons of fan support, a big college environment, and a great defense for years now. So lets not turn the argument into the theater of the absurd. Its about what will tip the scales in this case between two places he is seriously considering.

And as for Genron, all we can do there is speculate, but you act as if the kid hasnt been committed to other programs. He has now decommitted from THREE programs. IIRC he's not living with his parents, and Genron is his "advisor". Hurlie has a relationship with the Step Father, but the Step father here may or may NOT be the key influence. People here seem to not fully understand the complicated family and domestic dynamics that many of these kids live in.

My PERSONAL opinion? I think the family wants him HERE. I think Genron is pushing him to L$U. I think he IS being offered money, and I think the kid is genuinely torn, and NOT just because of money. I think the kid's heart is here, but his head is probably telling him LSU because of their success, and he's being pushed there by his "advisor" who also has a financial interest in seeing TV go to LSU. Ive never said TV WILL take the money, nor that he sought it out, but with the need LSU has for quality DTs, and the TYPE of talent that TV is, and the characters like Genron involved, this has ALL the makings of that type of situation. Again, I have NEVER said every kid we lose gets bought, and obviously not every kid takes the money. But it is a FACT that LSU has bought players from So Fla before. Anyone who has followed recruiting long enough has heard the DETAILED accounts of some of the shenanighans.

I dont think we are totally out of it, but I think we may be facing an uphill battle here. I think the kid is being pulled in different directions, and that is nothing new with some of these cases.

Advertisement
Back