Valentine down to Two !!

Advertisement
Nash:
Just confirmed with @ChampagnatLions that DT Travonte Valentine is not visiting Texas anymore. LSU visit on Jan. 24 and UM on Jan 31.
4:10pm - 15 Jan 14

Good, not great news....

Nash Williams ‏@NashSports 4m

Just confirmed with @ChampagnatLions that DT Travonte Valentine is not visiting Texas anymore. LSU visit on Jan. 24 and UM on Jan 31.

This is good news... Keeps us in the running for him. If his grades fall through he'll be headed else wear ..

If Valentine comes back...nobody better not say ONE single solitary negative word about this recruiting class.

The only thing about this that is a little scary, is that certain schools are NOTORIOUS for giving kids "incentive" to not take visits to places they deem a threat. Is this LSU telling TV not to take a visit to UT?

Advertisement
Nash:

Good, not great news....

Kind of like a fart that doesn't smell too bad.

LSU was gonna with hold the duffle bags if he made a trip to Tejas. They don't want to compete with that Arab money.

If Valentine comes back...nobody better not say ONE single solitary negative word about this recruiting class.

The only thing about this that is a little scary, is that certain schools are NOTORIOUS for giving kids "incentive" to not take visits to places they deem a threat. Is this LSU telling TV not to take a visit to UT?

Could be, your not the first poster to ask that question.

Advertisement

Really? Really?

Nash:

Good, not great news....

Kind of like a fart that doesn't smell too bad.

This.

yup,

we knew it would come down to us and LSU, but Texas can be a pretty impressive visit and Strong can sell players playing in his D…

This really shouldn't be a surprise if you thought rationally. He decommitted from Charlie Strong before and the kid isn't just going to be all UT all of a sudden when that school showed small interest before and now that they have a coach that he already left why exactly was he going to go there?

Nice, we were selected to be the team whose hat he's gonna spike on the ground come signing day.

Advertisement
I think we are 60% in favor even though, he says LSU leads, what makes me beleive he is a hurricane at heart is that he still has his instagram hurricanes finest and in his twitter he is still wearing a Miami shirt, if any of those things change after the LSU visit we are done

This is not really new news. A poster claiming to be the coach's brother said it was not true a couple days ago. I think he was legit. I was never worried about Texas, I'm still worried about LSU.

I hope TV doesn't read this board and all the complaints about our DC and scheme.

For all the complaints about the 3-4, the Gruden just hired by the 'Skins said he'll probably stick with the 3-4 because of all the problems it created for OC's in the League. I'm saying that as a guy who loved Jimmy Johnson's 4-3.

Advertisement
This is not really new news. A poster claiming to be the coach's brother said it was not true a couple days ago. I think he was legit. I was never worried about Texas, I'm still worried about LSU.

I hope TV doesn't read this board and all the complaints about our DC and scheme.

For all the complaints about the 3-4, the Gruden just hired by the 'Skins said he'll probably stick with the 3-4 because of all the problems it created for OC's in the League. I'm saying that as a guy who loved Jimmy Johnson's 4-3.

I've heard from actual people who have played DEFENSE IN THE NFL, who actually know what they are talking about and played it at the highest level, say that schematically the best defense to run is a 3-4, it allows you to do much more different things.

TV is huge in terms of need, as a prospect he is definitely a must have, even though I know he won't contribute his first year, nor should he, unless he is the exception to the norm, here's hoping we can outdo L$U. We have in the past with some other $EC schools

Not claiming to be a guy who knows defense schemes and executions, but noticed that one of the commentators on ESPN (previously NFL coach) saying that to run a successful 3-4 defense you have to have physical and talented group of LB's. Something we were missing for a while now. Hopefully we get better LB group very soon otherwise this scheme won't work.

Advertisement
Back