Valentine down to Two !!

This is not really new news. A poster claiming to be the coach's brother said it was not true a couple days ago. I think he was legit. I was never worried about Texas, I'm still worried about LSU.

I hope TV doesn't read this board and all the complaints about our DC and scheme.

For all the complaints about the 3-4, the Gruden just hired by the 'Skins said he'll probably stick with the 3-4 because of all the problems it created for OC's in the League. I'm saying that as a guy who loved Jimmy Johnson's 4-3.

People are far too focused on 3-4 or 4-3

The problem is that we run a very vanilla 3-4. With South Florida athletes, this defense should be blitzing off the bus and playing forward, but we are all too often playing a soft 3 deep, with linebackers who suck in pass coverage.

This!! 3-4 is just the alignment and personnel. The 2 gap , zone system that we run is not the same as, for an example, the 3-4 1 gap system that teams like FSU , Bama, & Stanford's of the world run. Yes they have the personnel but they're guys are asked to attack more so than control the point of attack. That's my guys like chick and porter seem to never be off the LOS where as 1 gappers they're be shooting up field more.

ANd then we would be getting SMOKED downfield because our LBs and Safeties were terrible.

In fairness to AG and MD, I SUSPECT, that an alternative theory to "they are mentally retarded" was the fact that they felt our LB and Safties were SO bad, that they would rather play contain 2 gap, and try to "bend dont break", keep everything in front of them, rather than get smoked once we lost containment at the LOS. It was "pick your poison". Im not trying to defend it, because WHATEVER they chose was a sh8t show, and an utter failure. BUT, I suspect this may have been the rationale for playing what they played last year. I suspect they just had NO faith in the personnel they had, and tried to limit the damange, but they ended up playing scared, which got us burned anyway. AG and MD have shown they CAN play better defense than what we have seen the last 2 years.

Wether or not they can make the changes to get this fixed, is a huge question mark. We should have some better talent to work with next year, even if its young and raw. Burns, Howard, Gunter, Bush, Jenkins, DP, Chick, AQM, Kirby, FIgs, McCord, some JUCOs like Heurtelou, even if you have to throw the Frosh in there like Hester, that SHOULD be enough talent to have a marked improvement. They cant coach scared forever because of weak personnel. Eventually they need to trust the players, OR they will go down in flames.

Advertisement
Dont set yourself up for disappointment. L$U is as DIRTY as it gets. We dont generally tend to fare to well in these head to head battles with them when they come at a player like this. Especially when you have a street agent involved.

We did last year

Not the same thing. They wanted burns and Carter, but not the same way they are going after Valentine IMO. Not every kid they go after/offer do they go "all in" for. They do it for those rare talents that they refuse to miss on. The Patrick Petersons. Dwayne Bowe's. Valentine is that kind of kid IMO. This is the type of kid they will really throw money around for. We have to hope that the family connections and his desire to stay home is strong enough.

And why wasn't Burns one of those kids? I understand Carter, but who sais that they didn't go all out for Burns? The kid has 1st round written all over him.......

Well probably needs for one thing. They had 1 5 star and 3 4 Star DBs they took in last year's class. So they probably didnt feel the need to go all in on either of these kids. In CONTRAST, they only took 2 DTs last year and only 1 was a 4 star. They have NO DTs committed so far this year. Valentine would be the best DT they have brought in the last 3 years. He's the kind of kid you spend money for. Honestly, if UM had the resources and ability, he would be the kind of kid they would spend the money on.

You are correct on that TV is the best DT they might land in the last three years, but the DB situation you layer out is skewed. First out of all the DBs they got only one guy was the prospect Burns was and second that guy and another guy didn't commit til around NSD. Also back to the Valentine situation, LSU had a stud DT in their back yard in Willis and they lost him, did they not open the check book there? I knw p,ayers get paid but its such a cop out in all of it. Every time we lose a recruit, well he got paid, but what about all the guys we beat those schools out for?

LSU was gonna with hold the duffle bags if he made a trip to Tejas. They don't want to compete with that Arab money.

This makes utterly no sense whatsoever. So they were gonna with hold money because they are scared of Tejas' bigger money, and the recruit at hand that supposedly is only really listening to LSU because of money listened to the request????

I think some of that was hyperbole. Probably sounds like L$U's people threatened whatever sweetheart deal they are offering TV if he went to UT on a visit. I dont necessarily thinkg UT was going to offer $$ to TV. Way too soon for Strong to have that system up and running there.

What's bothering me is this is starting to feel like the Patrick Peterson thing all over again.

Well we beat them head to head for Carter and Burns last year.......

They must have forgot their checkbooks on those recruiting visits. LULZ at the selective pay off theories on here.

IMO. Its over. He is ours. Just trying to generate some buzz for his announcement on signing day. I would be shocked if I am wrong.

Dont set yourself up for disappointment. L$U is as DIRTY as it gets. We dont generally tend to fare to well in these head to head battles with them when they come at a player like this. Especially when you have a street agent involved.

We did last year

Not the same thing. They wanted burns and Carter, but not the same way they are going after Valentine IMO. Not every kid they go after/offer do they go "all in" for.

You've really gone insane. You have no clue as to what you're talking about and now operate in an alternate universe where you believe the things you create. I'm praying for you, pal.

LOL. Please dude. Maybe YOU should try to learn a little more about what you are talking about, so you can understand what IM talking about. Go look at LSU's recruiting classes the last few years. They took NO ONE at DT in 12, took 2 in 12 a 3 star and a 4 star, nothing spectacular. This year, they have NO DTs committed, and the guys they are going after are "good" not "great". TV is the BEST DT LSU has had on the hook the last 3 years. He is a GAME CHANGER. LSU took 4 DBs last year, and Burns was not the highest rated guy they were after. They closed on 1 5 star and 3 4 star DBs. There was NO need to break the bank on Artie. They have depth at DB. They are HURTING At DT, like we are. And TV is the best propsect they have had on the hook in years. Couple that with the fact that the kid has a NOTORIOUS street agent as his "handler" who has been involved with L$U shenanighans before, and you can pretty much figure out that they are going to offer him the world. Im not saying he's going to take it, but in MOST cases, these kids do.

This is not really new news. A poster claiming to be the coach's brother said it was not true a couple days ago. I think he was legit. I was never worried about Texas, I'm still worried about LSU.

I hope TV doesn't read this board and all the complaints about our DC and scheme.

For all the complaints about the 3-4, the Gruden just hired by the 'Skins said he'll probably stick with the 3-4 because of all the problems it created for OC's in the League. I'm saying that as a guy who loved Jimmy Johnson's 4-3.

People are far too focused on 3-4 or 4-3

The problem is that we run a very vanilla 3-4. With South Florida athletes, this defense should be blitzing off the bus and playing forward, but we are all too often playing a soft 3 deep, with linebackers who suck in pass coverage.

This!! 3-4 is just the alignment and personnel. The 2 gap , zone system that we run is not the same as, for an example, the 3-4 1 gap system that teams like FSU , Bama, & Stanford's of the world run. Yes they have the personnel but they're guys are asked to attack more so than control the point of attack. That's my guys like chick and porter seem to never be off the LOS where as 1 gappers they're be shooting up field more.

ANd then we would be getting SMOKED downfield because our LBs and Safeties were terrible.

In fairness to AG and MD, I SUSPECT, that an alternative theory to "they are mentally retarded" was the fact that they felt our LB and Safties were SO bad, that they would rather play contain 2 gap, and try to "bend dont break", keep everything in front of them, rather than get smoked once we lost containment at the LOS. It was "pick your poison". Im not trying to defend it, because WHATEVER they chose was a sh8t show, and an utter failure. BUT, I suspect this may have been the rationale for playing what they played last year. I suspect they just had NO faith in the personnel they had, and tried to limit the damange, but they ended up playing scared, which got us burned anyway. AG and MD have shown they CAN play better defense than what we have seen the last 2 years.

Wether or not they can make the changes to get this fixed, is a huge question mark. We should have some better talent to work with next year, even if its young and raw. Burns, Howard, Gunter, Bush, Jenkins, DP, Chick, AQM, Kirby, FIgs, McCord, some JUCOs like Heurtelou, even if you have to throw the Frosh in there like Hester, that SHOULD be enough talent to have a marked improvement. They cant coach scared forever because of weak personnel. Eventually they need to trust the players, OR they will go down in flames.

The weak personnel excuse gets more and more faulty after every Golden recruiting class.

If you can't make a defense work that has Artie Burns, Tracy Howard, Jenkins, and Deon Bush in the secondary, chances are you ain't playing the right defense. We'll see next year though.

Advertisement
Valentine loves Miami, it's the other people around him pushing L$U

While true, there are things ($$$$) L$U has going for it in his eyes also. He does have a very close relationship with Hurlie Brown, and Hurlie is close with his step father. That's basically what's keeping us in this. Our staff is also very well aware of the $$ situation with LSU.

I remember Valentine complaining openly about our defense being unable to stop anyone. Shortly thereafter, he started hedging on his commitment. Then, when Al went ALWOL, he dumped us. I'd say there's more to his interest in LSU than wanting to get paid off. That ****'s insulting to the kid anyway.

Guys rail about the real talk about our defense being a **** show as being bad for recruiting, but then they openly talk about kids looking for money or not having grades when neither of those might be true. At least the talk about our defense is all true.

NO ONE here has said that TV is going to L$U with his hand out. Just the OPPOSITE. But he DOES have a notorious street agent as a "handler" who has a history with L$U. If you dont think that guy (Genron) is trying to sell TV to LSU, you are a bigger fool that I take you for, and that is saying a lot.

While true, there are things ($$$$) L$U has going for it in his eyes also. He does have a very close relationship with Hurlie Brown, and Hurlie is close with his step father. That's basically what's keeping us in this. Our staff is also very well aware of the $$ situation with LSU.

I remember Valentine complaining openly about our defense being unable to stop anyone. Shortly thereafter, he started hedging on his commitment. Then, when Al went ALWOL, he dumped us. I'd say there's more to his interest in LSU than wanting to get paid off. That ****'s insulting to the kid anyway.

Guys rail about the real talk about our defense being a **** show as being bad for recruiting, but then they openly talk about kids looking for money or not having grades when neither of those might be true. At least the talk about our defense is all true.

First his grades are good it was always core classes. Second, just because $$$ is flying around doesn't mean it's the kid asking for it. These $EC schools get a hold of their mentors or coaches and sometimes it flows that way and the mentors and coaches get in these kids ears about certain schools. Can you imagine those around him pushing L$U, what they were saying about Miami after the bowl game and then the Golden fiasco. Yes your right the defense stinks and Miami had all the momentum until the FSU game and Duke injury. Losing to inferior teams and getting your *** kicked on national TV hurt really bad. They have to play better period.

First his grades are good it was always core classes. Second, just because $$$ is flying around doesn't mean it's the kid asking for it. These $EC schools get a hold of their mentors or coaches and sometimes it flows that way and the mentors and coaches get in these kids ears about certain schools. Can you imagine those around him pushing L$U, what they were saying about Miami after the bowl game and then the Golden fiasco. Yes your right the defense stinks and Miami had all the momentum until the FSU game and Duke injury. Losing to inferior teams and getting your *** kicked on national TV hurt really bad. They have to play better period.

I'm just not as sure as you are that everyone's getting paid off. People around him are probably talking about how ****** UM is because maybe they want to see him play in a better defense and improve his stock for the NFL. Listen, man. I'm the biggest homer around, and I've always been pro-UM on everything. I'd go to UM no matter what was going on. But even I would have a tough time telling him why he'd better off playing in Golden/Duh's defense than in Chavis's.

It's a tough argument, but it's one that we need to win. We're lucky we have Hurlie and the hometown advantage. Hopefully, those 2 things win out.

Advertisement
We did last year

Not the same thing. They wanted burns and Carter, but not the same way they are going after Valentine IMO. Not every kid they go after/offer do they go "all in" for. They do it for those rare talents that they refuse to miss on. The Patrick Petersons. Dwayne Bowe's. Valentine is that kind of kid IMO. This is the type of kid they will really throw money around for. We have to hope that the family connections and his desire to stay home is strong enough.

And why wasn't Burns one of those kids? I understand Carter, but who sais that they didn't go all out for Burns? The kid has 1st round written all over him.......

Well probably needs for one thing. They had 1 5 star and 3 4 Star DBs they took in last year's class. So they probably didnt feel the need to go all in on either of these kids. In CONTRAST, they only took 2 DTs last year and only 1 was a 4 star. They have NO DTs committed so far this year. Valentine would be the best DT they have brought in the last 3 years. He's the kind of kid you spend money for. Honestly, if UM had the resources and ability, he would be the kind of kid they would spend the money on.

You are correct on that TV is the best DT they might land in the last three years, but the DB situation you layer out is skewed. First out of all the DBs they got only one guy was the prospect Burns was and second that guy and another guy didn't commit til around NSD. Also back to the Valentine situation, LSU had a stud DT in their back yard in Willis and they lost him, did they not open the check book there? I knw p,ayers get paid but its such a cop out in all of it. Every time we lose a recruit, well he got paid, but what about all the guys we beat those schools out for?

That's bullsh*t. I never said every time we lose a recruit he got paid. That is the strawman that you cats make up to make it seem like it NEVER happens. Which is also bullsh*t. I have said several times, **** several times JUST TODAY, that I agree its only a handful of "elite" kids who are getting the real money. But TV is that kind of talent, IMO. LSU is HURTING at DT. They have not had a kid like TV in 3 years on the hook. Yes, they were after Artie and Burns, but not NEARLY as hard as they have been coming at TV. And the minute that Genron got involved, you KNOW shady sh*t was going to happen. What do you think Genron the "handler's" interest is in all this? That he's such a benevolent human being he's doing all this out of the goodness of his heart? Come on man. This is South Florida recruiting here. With a notorious street agent. LOL. And you guys are going to act like its unfathomable that L$U is going to open the checkbook for this kid??

And FOR THE RECORD, I have NEVER said that the ONLY reason TV is considering LSU is $$$. That WOULD be insulting to the kid. LSU has been a solid team, with a great defense, and great DTs for years now. So ANY top kid would be justified in seriously looking at them. But when L$U goes all in on a kid like this, that they REALLY want, and REALLY need, HISTORY suggests they wont be denied, and its often been for $$$ reasons.

Isn't it nice that Cane4Life has an intimate knowledge of just how hard LSU is going after every south Florida prospect each year, guys?

We got us a real insider. He can tell us just how many calls and texts they've received. This is a great find. So if we lose Valentine, we now know it's because they went after him harder than Burns and Carter, and they paid him. We didn't lose him, so it's not the staff or Golden's fault -- and we only know this thanks to Cane4's inside info. Thanks, Cane4.

I'm just not as sure as you are that everyone's getting paid off. People around him are probably talking about how ****** UM is because maybe they want to see him play in a better defense and improve his stock for the NFL. Listen, man. I'm the biggest homer around, and I've always been pro-UM on everything. I'd go to UM no matter what was going on. But even I would have a tough time telling him why he'd better off playing in Golden/Duh's defense than in Chavis's.

It's a tough argument, but it's one that we need to win. We're lucky we have Hurlie and the hometown advantage. Hopefully, those 2 things win out.

There's a reason why kids and their handlers listen to $EC schools when come calling. By the way, paying kids in South Florida is the norm, kids are getting paid from their pop warner days, ask around to the people in the know down there.

Al4Life is getting downright scary at this point.

Dudes on here claim intimate knowledge of pay off schemes, so maybe they should do an expose' on it instead of 40000000000 endless paragraphs on here. Turn the crooks in if you know so much.

P.S. Let me throw in some additional LULZ at the guys who claim to have in depth knowledge of Valentine's academic situation.

Advertisement
Isn't it nice that Cane4Life has an intimate knowledge of just how hard LSU is going after every south Florida prospect each year, guys?

We got us a real insider. He can tell us just how many calls and texts they've received. This is a great find. So if we lose Valentine, we now know it's because they went after him harder than Burns and Carter, and they paid him. We didn't lose him, so it's not the staff or Golden's fault -- and we only know this thanks to Cane4's inside info. Thanks, Cane4.

LOL, its not "inside" knowledge dude, its just knowledge. If you followed recruiting closely every year, you would know it too. But I dont recall you following recruiting this closely last year, or prior years. Ive been following it closely for over 28 years, since long before the internet. I keep pretty close tabs on what programs are recruiting who when it involves UM prospects. And the stories involving L$U are LEGION, and go back as far back as you want to go.

Last edited:
Advertisement

There's a reason why kids and their handlers listen to $EC schools when come calling. By the way, paying kids in South Florida is the norm, kids are getting paid from their pop warner days, ask around to the people in the know down there.

So listening to LSU has nothing to do with them being a top team almost every year and normally fielding very good defenses? It's all about pay offs?

And I don't need an education on S. FL football. I've lived down here a long time. I just find the selective pay off theories laughable. Every time Al fcks up it's because someone's getting paid or some other lame reason.

LOL @ intimate knowledge. Maybe you guys should sit, back, STFU, follow recruiting for a few seasons, and you will see exactly what some of us here are talking about. It doesnt require a PHD or "intimate knowledge", follow this long enough and you will hear the stories, talk to family members, friends, coaches, friends of coaches on these boards, and get some of the stories of how things actually DO go down.

And as I have said 1000 times, NO ONE is going to blow the whistle, because MOST play the game, and UM is in NO position to drop a dime, or the community, much of which DOES profit from some of this to an extent, would turn on UM like a rabid dog.

If theFranchise says that he is a lock to us than he is definitely going to LSU

I'm hoping your theory holds up. Here goes: CTCANE is going to live a long healthy life and never contract a painful disease that kills him after a couple years of unbearable suffering.

Guys, Caps4Life has been reading scout for years, so he knows what LSU's big board looks like every season. He also knows how much contact they had with Burns and Carter vs Valentine.

Thanks for shedding light in this situation. It's nice to hear from someone so well-connected during a time like this.

Prayers sent.

Advertisement
Back