Valentine and Kaaya

Jamaica, Coley was without a doubt a stunner and the best offensive weapon in the state last year, but we got played. Thomas was playing very well for FSU before his injury and already getting on the field there. Also the same contributors on this site we speak of will also tell you that Thomas was/is a special talent at a position we really needed help at. Plus he is the type of LB that was perfect for our scheme, so versatile. Collins, keef, and Bostwick would all have been major talent injections at positions of need. I'm sorry I disagree with your post and there is a ton of revisionist history there. We got played bad.....

Thomas went in late in blowout games early in the season so we have to see the results because they're in college now its not about what he was before its what he does at the next level. He was an epic troll and didnt want to even be there at FSU he just got strong handed into staying so yes we got played but by a kid who eventually played himself in the end. Collins was the BIG LOSS I admit and would've been great here, I still think his coach ****ed him over to a worst situation but thats over and done with. Keef and Bostwick just like Thomas have to do it on the field which neither have yet so we can agree to disagree on many things accept out of that group only Alex Collins really hurt us for a fact

The thing about Thomas, Keef, Collins, and Bostwick is that they were all local kids(Bostwick was borderline local) and all at positions of need. Keef would be the most talented DT we had returning next easily. That is true, and kinda scary because I agree he isnt exactly a cant miss prospect but the guys we don have just flat out suck, which made him that much more impressive. Bostwick was always a SDE here, but we need all the help we can get. In terms of Bostwick and Keef, we didnt even get two JAGs to replace them. I mean this in a respectful matter but your line of thinking here is delusional. We were already in a ****** spot with DTs. Keef and Bostwick were bigger loses than Collins, who in his own right was a big loss. Also M Thomas was the top prospect in S Fl last year, now that isnt to discredit Coley who is a mega stud and a 1st round talent, but Thomas was/is a ridiculous prospect.

Advertisement
Jamaica, Coley was without a doubt a stunner and the best offensive weapon in the state last year, but we got played. Thomas was playing very well for FSU before his injury and already getting on the field there. Also the same contributors on this site we speak of will also tell you that Thomas was/is a special talent at a position we really needed help at. Plus he is the type of LB that was perfect for our scheme, so versatile. Collins, keef, and Bostwick would all have been major talent injections at positions of need. I'm sorry I disagree with your post and there is a ton of revisionist history there. We got played bad.....

Thomas went in late in blowout games early in the season so we have to see the results because they're in college now its not about what he was before its what he does at the next level. He was an epic troll and didnt want to even be there at FSU he just got strong handed into staying so yes we got played but by a kid who eventually played himself in the end. Collins was the BIG LOSS I admit and would've been great here, I still think his coach ****ed him over to a worst situation but thats over and done with. Keef and Bostwick just like Thomas have to do it on the field which neither have yet so we can agree to disagree on many things accept out of that group only Alex Collins really hurt us for a fact

The thing about Thomas, Keef, Collins, and Bostwick is that they were all local kids(Bostwick was borderline local) and all at positions of need. Keef would be the most talented DT we had returning next easily. That is true, and kinda scary because I agree he isnt exactly a cant miss prospect but the guys we don have just flat out suck, which made him that much more impressive. Bostwick was always a SDE here, but we need all the help we can get. In terms of Bostwick and Keef, we didnt even get two JAGs to replace them. I mean this in a respectful matter but your line of thinking here is delusional. We were already in a ****ty spot with DTs. Keef and Bostwick were bigger loses than Collins, who in his own right was a big loss. Also M Thomas was the top prospect in S Fl last year, now that isnt to discredit Coley who is a mega stud and a 1st round talent, but Thomas was/is a ridiculous prospect.

I agree with everything you said but they all had a year to play and so far we havent seen anything out of them yet so its not about how we missed but now has to be about what are they going to do? Figs, Grace can challenge Thomas and our new class of dts will be compared to Keef and Bostwick while Gus has a ways to go to touch Collins. Now it isnt about did we get those guys is did those guys produce and other then COllins they haven't yet and maybe never will the way we think they will thats all im saying

The thing about Thomas, Keef, Collins, and Bostwick is that they were all local kids(Bostwick was borderline local) and all at positions of need. Keef would be the most talented DT we had returning next easily. That is true, and kinda scary because I agree he isnt exactly a cant miss prospect but the guys we don have just flat out suck, which made him that much more impressive. Bostwick was always a SDE here, but we need all the help we can get. In terms of Bostwick and Keef, we didnt even get two JAGs to replace them. I mean this in a respectful matter but your line of thinking here is delusional. We were already in a ****ty spot with DTs. Keef and Bostwick were bigger loses than Collins, who in his own right was a big loss. Also M Thomas was the top prospect in S Fl last year, now that isnt to discredit Coley who is a mega stud and a 1st round talent, but Thomas was/is a ridiculous prospect.

I agree with everything you said but they all had a year to play and so far we havent seen anything out of them yet so its not about how we missed but now has to be about what are they going to do? Figs, Grace can challenge Thomas and our new class of dts will be compared to Keef and Bostwick while Gus has a ways to go to touch Collins. Now it isnt about did we get those guys is did those guys produce and other then COllins they haven't yet and maybe never will the way we think they will thats all im saying

Well two of them played for the National Champs and the #1 defense in the country this year. Thomas actually got on the field, and FSU was stacked at LB. Also have you seen FSU's depth chart at DT? Bostwick also played for a very good UF defense. IMHO, its ridiculous to even pull out any judgement on these kids this early. Neither FSU or UF's defense need anywhere close to the same talent infusion as we did. I mean we were holding out hope that Figatron, the guy that was supposed to make us all forget about Thomas, was gonna start for us. Just take Thomas, Collins, Keef, and Bostwick, and giving two of those guys and our team is already looking better for next year. Keef and Bostwick alone on the fact that our DTs/SDEs are so **** bad. We had a kid who couldnt cut it at UVA start games for us this year......

Well two of them played for the National Champs and the #1 defense in the country this year. Thomas actually got on the field, and FSU was stacked at LB. Also have you seen FSU's depth chart at DT? Bostwick also played for a very good UF defense. IMHO, its ridiculous to even pull out any judgement on these kids this early. Neither FSU or UF's defense need anywhere close to the same talent infusion as we did. I mean we were holding out hope that Figatron, the guy that was supposed to make us all forget about Thomas, was gonna start for us. Just take Thomas, Collins, Keef, and Bostwick, and giving two of those guys and our team is already looking better for next year. Keef and Bostwick alone on the fact that our DTs/SDEs are so **** bad. We had a kid who couldnt cut it at UVA start games for us this year......

I havent pulled out any judgement its just facts Thomas was way down on the depth chart and Keef also on stacked teams. DOesnt mean they can't play and I never said that they cant im just pointing out that we cant predict how they'd have played for us this past year if they didnt play much as freshmans themselves. They should play more this season just like Bostwick and we can actually see stats that say how good they are in college

Advertisement

I havent pulled out any judgement its just facts Thomas was way down on the depth chart and Keef also on stacked teams. DOesnt mean they can't play and I never said that they cant im just pointing out that we cant predict how they'd have played for us this past year if they didnt play much as freshmans themselves. They should play more this season just like Bostwick and we can actually see stats that say how good they are in college

Thomas was 2nd team behind to seniors before he got hurt and redshirted
Keef redshirted since FSU had 8 DT in the rotation returning this season

And like I said the didnt get great playing time because they were backups on STACKED TEAMS. I continue to agree and repeat what you guys are saying but until they're putting up the monster numbers that many of us expect then we wont know for a fact how great of college players they are

And like I said the didnt get great playing time because they were backups on STACKED TEAMS. I continue to agree and repeat what you guys are saying but until they're putting up the monster numbers that many of us expect then we wont know for a fact how great of college players they are

Well actually the point I was trying to make is that we in fact got clowned pretty bad last recruiting cycle. You responded that it wasnt all that bad and then I listed reasons why it was. Your rebuttal which was a straw man one, was that these kids haven't done anything on a team. So then the convo switched to what they all contributed to their respective teams. I stand by what I said and that is we got clowned last cycle badly. When anyone would come to the board with any info that might have suggested that recruiting wasn't goin quite as well as we were being told, those posters got ridiculed. Those that had suggested there was cause for concern were proven correct and then they flipped the script and started doing the ridiculing. Same thing is happening again......
Right or wrong, those posters are angry about the state of the program and are taking it out on the posters that all year long had no tolerance for any suggestion that everything was going great.

Advertisement
anyone know what the kaaya note is pertaining to miami??

Justin Hopkins ‏@JHopkins247 18m

Quick #Miami related note on QB Brad Kaaya #AAVIP http://miami.247sports.com/Board/92/Quick-Note-on-Brad-Kaaya-24935688 … @InsidetheU
Retweeted by JC Shurburtt
Collapse

Retweet
Favorite

1:20 PM - 13 Jan 14 · Details

Hopkins said for awhile he felt that since ucla offered brad kaaya that he thought he was a lock to flip to them.he is hearing those feelings have cooled and Boise state might be the only real threat to miami. Fwiw he is hearing he is likely to stick with miami . Don't count out a Boise state visit. It's exactly what Pete has been telling us I don't know why some of you were so worried...

Advertisement

Quick #Miami related note on QB Brad Kaaya #AAVIP http://miami.247sports.com/Board/92/Quick-Note-on-Brad-Kaaya-24935688 … @InsidetheU
Collapse

Retweet
Favorite

Hopkins said for awhile he felt that since ucla offered brad kaaya that he thought he was a lock to flip to them.he is hearing those feelings have cooled and Boise state might be the only real threat to miami. Fwiw he is hearing he is likely to stick with miami . Don't count out a Boise state visit. It's exactly what Pete has been telling us I don't know why some of you were so worried...

I am not worried about Boise. Smart kid needs his own plan b and c

Collapse

Retweet
Favorite

I am not worried about Boise. Smart kid needs his own plan b and c

Hopkins was one of those that swore Kaaya was gone from day 1 and for really the last 2 weeks UCLA was no longer an option he's just finally admitting it. Kaaya will be a Cane

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back