UVA, Mike London, and Recruits

Stylie

All ACC
With UVA being awful, anyone see Mike London sticking around? Question being..... he has some good recruits committed. Would be nice to go in and steal some if he were let go.

Advertisement
If we lose to them again I swear I'm gonna off myself. Theyve been such an unexpected little nuisance

Advertisement
Win over BYU looks pretty good. They'll keep him for a couple more years based on his recruiting alone. Would probably be better this year if they didn't lose their QB.

Good coach, good recruiter, he will get along leash at UVA, IMO.

UVA will be foolish to get rid of him with the way he recruits. They will be a menace eventually...smh

Advertisement
Obviously anytime the head coach leaves, you can expect recruits to waver, but I always got the impression from some of the bigger recruits that they were recruiting to the school and not just the coach. Quin Blanding, for example, seems like it's to stay home. I could be completely off and probably am lol

Some of the fans are sick of him because the team doesnt produce and it doesnt seem like he develops that talent even though hes a very good recruiter

Advertisement
If they keep them Virginia Beach area and Richmond kids home they could be straight in the ACC. We talk about South Florida kids that go elsewhere, man the state of Virginia has lost some good athletes.

EJ Manuel
Mike Glennon
Tajh Boyd
Bryn Renner
Justin Hunter
Alex Carter

Not to mention all the kids they lost from Hargrave and Fork Union.

Advertisement
Didnt both the qbs just up and leave the program this year? You gotta expect that to hurt a bit, I would think he deserves some leash. Its not like he walked into a juggernaut....

If they keep them Virginia Beach area and Richmond kids home they could be straight in the ACC. We talk about South Florida kids that go elsewhere, man the state of Virginia has lost some good athletes.

EJ Manuel
Mike Glennon
Tajh Boyd
Bryn Renner
Justin Hunter
Alex Carter

Not to mention all the kids they lost from Hargrave and Fork Union.
Only one average QB can play at a time.

/outside of Tajh none of them are a program changer

UVA will be foolish to get rid of him with the way he recruits. They will be a menace eventually...smh

This, it's UVA and he's keeping a lot of the talent in Virginia home. They aren't going to be able to do any better with their next coach.

This guy is a beast recruiter.

He took over a terrible Al Groh led team in 2010 (they went 3-9 in 2009). His record at UVA is

2010: 4-8 (1-7)
2011: 8-5 (5-3)
2012: 4-8 (2-6)
2013: 2-2 (0-1)

I would say after year 2, things were looking great but the regression in 2012 was terrible. IMO are going to give him another year unless he only pulls out 4-5 wins. This guy is out recruiting Beamer and Co in the area and that is part of why VT, IMO, has been struggling.

Advertisement
Back