Utah-Oregon

Lanning took over a program that had won its conference 2 of the past 3 seasons.

Mario took over a program that has won the worst division in Power 5 once in 16 years. Won its conference zero times.

You don’t see the difference?
They can see the difference, they're just playing to a certain crowd with those posts.

Advertisement
I mean I wasn't expecting 11-1, but isn't it a coaches job to make his players better? And not play square peg round hole. We don't look better doing anything from the beginning of the season.

LSU was a dumpster fire last year, they got better this year as the season went on

I hear Mario talk tough and about accountability and watch Williams throw a guy 5 yards out of bounds and doesn't even come out of the game for a snap.
I'll let you in on a little secret - Brian Kelly is a better HC than Mario Cristobal.

Now I wouldn't let my son play for him as he's a creepy murderer, but as far as being a HC he's better than Cristobal. Guess what though? He didn't want to come to Miami.

I love this narrative on Bo Nix being this godsend at QB for Oregon like he wasn't ran out of Auburn after being so underwhelming when he was supposed to be their savior.

Bo Nix looks good now, but had a very mediocre career at Auburn before this year. Once again, we're seeing that COACHING matters.

Advertisement
I'll let you in on a little secret - Brian Kelly is a better HC than Mario Cristobal.

Now I wouldn't let my son play for him as he's a creepy murderer, but as far as being a HC he's better than Cristobal. Guess what though? He didn't want to come to Miami.
LOL @ "I wouldnt let my son play for him" as if you'd have a choice if he was an 18 year old D1 football recruit with a scholarship offer to play for LSU. How exactly would you prevent your son from comitting to Brian Kelly? Threaten to take him out of the will?

He has Mario's guys and a well-rounded QB, let's see what happens when he gets his.
This is such a tired argument. Oregon's starting qb, 2 deep rbs, starting wr, a couple of starting corners were brought in via the portal and thus, not "Mario's guys." Not to mention a completely new and different offensive system, new 1st time head coach, new d-coordinator/system, yet they are still having a successful season. You guys making this argument are being disingenuous in making it seem as if Dan Lanning kept the exact same team/scheme and players intact from Mario's days. Dan Lanning has revamped/rebuilt Oregon and they are having a great year. He took a qb considered by many to be a bust/cast off and made him arguably one of the top 15 in the nation. COACHING MATTERS!

Last edited:
They can see the difference, they're just playing to a certain crowd with those posts.
We were top 20 on offense last year now we’re outside the top 60. Oregon was outside top 50 on offense last year now they’re 3rd. Do you see the difference?
we were top 20 on offense last year now we’re struggling to put up double digit yards at halftime. Oregon was outside the top 50 on offense last year now they’re 3rd. Do you see the difference ?

Lanning took over a program that had won its conference 2 of the past 3 seasons.

Mario took over a program that has won the worst division in Power 5 once in 16 years. Won its conference zero times.

You don’t see the difference?
Oregon record last two years 14-9 Miami record last two years 15-9 but ok

Advertisement
Lol. Now Bo Nix is the reason why Oregon is good? That guy was straight cheeks for three years at Auburn and everyone here laughed at Oregon for taking him as a transfer.

Coaches making players better? Didn’t think it was possible.

On the flip side I don’t see how people don’t think Bo Nix with a full Sec career, Auburns all time leading passer and very good athlete could go to a conference that despises defense and play behind a legit OL and have an Oc he knows and expect success.

But whatever helps you “prove” how great Lanning is and How bad Mario is run with it.

Advertisement
This is such a tired argument. Oregon's starting qb, 2 deep rbs, starting wr, a couple of starting corners were brought in via the portal and thus, not "Mario's guys." Not to mention a completely new and different offensive system, new 1st time head coach, new d-coordinator/system, yet they are still having a successful season. You guys making this argument are being disingenuous in making it seem as if Dan Lanning kept the exact same team/scheme and players intact from Mario's days. Dan Lanning has revamped/rebuilt Oregon and they are having a great year. He took a qb considered by many to be a bust/cast off and made him arguably one of the top 15 in the nation. COACHING MATTERS!
playing p-12 defenses vs SEC defense 90% of it. Coaching 10% of it.

On the flip side I don’t see how people don’t think Bo Nix with a full Sec career, Auburns all time leading passer and very good athlete could go to a conference that despises defense and play behind a legit OL and have an Oc he knows and expect success.

But whatever helps you “prove” how great Lanning is and How bad Mario is run with it.
Did you watch Bo Nix even play at Auburn? His career passer rating there was 126.2. That would rank 83rd in the country this year. Auburn was happy to let him go. Good quarterbacks don’t transfer from P5 schools they’ve started at for three seasons.

playing p-12 defenses vs SEC defense 90% of it. Coaching 10% of it.
When he played against Oregon, he went 13-31 177 yards 2td 2int so apparently PAC12 defenses were too tough for him too when he was at Auburn.

Advertisement
I mean I wasn't expecting 11-1, but isn't it a coaches job to make his players better? And not play square peg round hole. We don't look better doing anything from the beginning of the season.

LSU was a dumpster fire last year, they got better this year as the season went on

I hear Mario talk tough and about accountability and watch Williams throw a guy 5 yards out of bounds and doesn't even come out of the game for a snap.
I know a HS coach that's been telling me his team is "just young" and they "don't know football" for three seasons. At what point can you just not coach up talent? Development matters.

If Oregon beats Oregon State this weekend, they’ll match Oregon’s 10-2 record from last season.

Advertisement
Back