Utah-Oregon

Advertisement
Advertisement
Dilly is the exact type of OC we need. Good run game. Spread it out. Seems to air it out plenty also. Bo pix is no more. Oregon this year is a better offense. Defense might be worse. But offense wins these days. Also bo is way better than Anthony brown. But the point still stands. 2022 Oregon > 2021 Oregon

Advertisement
Oregon's coach is just well dumb. Between last week and that decision. Like what are they thinking

Advertisement
Lanning took over a program that had won its conference 2 of the past 3 seasons.

Mario took over a program that has won the worst division in Power 5 once in 16 years. Won its conference zero times.

You don’t see the difference?
I mean I wasn't expecting 11-1, but isn't it a coaches job to make his players better? And not play square peg round hole. We don't look better doing anything from the beginning of the season.

LSU was a dumpster fire last year, they got better this year as the season went on

I hear Mario talk tough and about accountability and watch Williams throw a guy 5 yards out of bounds and doesn't even come out of the game for a snap.

I mean I wasn't expecting 11-1, but isn't it a coaches job to make his players better? And not play square peg round hole. We don't look better doing anything from the beginning of the season.

LSU was a dumpster fire last year, they got better this year as the season went on

I hear Mario talk tough and about accountability and watch Williams throw a guy 5 yards out of bounds and doesn't even come out of the game for a snap.
Consistency across the board is important. But who did you want in if James is pulled? Tae? Blades? A freshman markeith? I’m all for it but this roster isn’t deep enough for that yet. Knighton was able to be pulled cause there was a serviceable backup. Blades is horrific. Tae is something idk.

Advertisement

LSU was a dumpster fire last year, they got better all year.

Can’t argue any of this. You’re correct. But every job is different. I mean, LSU might have literally put the best team of all-time on the field literally 3 seasons ago. That’s the program Kelly took over. Yes, they sucked last year and he’s done great turning it around. He’s a very good football coach. But they were the best team by MILES literally 3 seasons ago. Miami hasn’t been good in eons. No resources, no infrastructure, no elite talent, no coaching, nothing.

So this is the first year we’ve been trying to actually win in 20+ years. Think about that. LSU, all these other programs, even with ups and downs, they have been pouring resources into their programs year after year after year forever. Miami has been doing it for 11 months. What’s happened this year has been horrifying and even the stanchest supports of Mario have to be wondering wtf is going on. But it’s 11 months vs decades as far as comparing us to teams like LSU. The dude took a lifeless corpse of a program at FIU and made back to back bowls. He took a floundering program at Oregon (albeit with some recent success and clearly elite resources) and won 2 conference championships. Won a rose bowl. I still believe he hasn’t completely forgotten how to coach. Give it some time and see what happens. And to be real, it’s not like we have a choice anyway. He’s the dude here for a long time.

Oregon’s kicker from 2018 - Cristobal’s first full season - just blasted him on Twitter.

Yikes.

Can’t argue any of this. You’re correct. But every job is different. I mean, LSU might have literally put the best team of all-time on the field literally 3 seasons ago. That’s the program Kelly took over. Yes, they sucked last year and he’s done great turning it around. He’s a very good football coach. But they were the best team by MILES literally 3 seasons ago. Miami hasn’t been good in eons. No resources, no infrastructure, no elite talent, no coaching, nothing.

So this is the first year we’ve been trying to actually win in 20+ years. Think about that. LSU, all these other programs, even with ups and downs, they have been pouring resources into their programs year after year after year forever. Miami has been doing it for 11 months. What’s happened this year has been horrifying and even the stanchest supports of Mario have to be wondering wtf is going on. But it’s 11 months vs decades as far as comparing us to teams like LSU. The dude took a lifeless corpse of a program at FIU and made back to back bowls. He took a floundering program at Oregon (albeit with some recent success and clearly elite resources) and won 2 conference championships. Won a rose bowl. I still believe he hasn’t completely forgotten how to coach. Give it some time and see what happens. And to be real, it’s not like we have a choice anyway. He’s the dude here for a long time.
I just really hope he looks in the mirror a little bit, even Saban had to adjust offensively. And I get we do have some weak as **** players. It's been a collosal failure everywhere.

Gattis has ruined 2 quarterbacks, Brown shouldn't have had to play, he's got talent but needs work.

Advertisement
Back