Rumor USF coming for DVD

There's nothing wrong with promoting from within. Clemson has promoted from within and not gone outside for a single coach. They promote from GA up. It's an interesting model that Dabo has to keep continuity and the culture he has built.

DVD has earned an opportunity. He's a great recruiter and relates well with recruits. His recruits believe in him.

If DVD left, I'd expect Cormani to sign elsewhere.

Promote DVD. Continue the DB pipeline he's building. He can become the next Corey Raymond over time.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We truly are in a bizarre place in the history of college football when you have a position coach who is making in the $200K/year range being responsible for recruiting and landing a kid who is going to sign a $1+ million/year NIL deal.
Not a whole lot different than NFL scouts or GM’s or coaches for that matter in football baseball hockey etc

There's nothing wrong with promoting from within. Clemson has promoted from within and not gone outside for a single coach. They promote from GA up. It's an interesting model that Dabo has to keep continuity and the culture he has built.

DVD has earned an opportunity. He's a great recruiter and relates well with recruits. His recruits believe in him.

If DVD left, I'd expect Cormani to sign elsewhere.

Promote DVD. Continue the DB pipeline he's building. He can become the next Corey Raymond over time.
I mean when you promote form within a winning program that’s one thing

Promoting from failure is a way to keep failing

But I do think DVD is an exception

Advertisement
I mean when you promote form within a winning program that’s one thing

Promoting from failure is a way to keep failing

But I do think DVD is an exception

Pretty much where I am.

We saw how our CBs played last time he was in charge of that room, it wasn’t pretty but idk how much of that truly falls on him when the entire defense was a mess for most part. This staff needs coaches desperately BUT he has earned another shot to show what he can do with a much more talented room.

We truly are in a bizarre place in the history of college football when you have a position coach who is making in the $200K/year range being responsible for recruiting and landing a kid who is going to sign a $1+ million/year NIL deal.
Honestly now that recruits/players are getting paid more than the coaches the coaches have to earn the recruits/players trust with mutual respect and knowledge more than just respect through fear.

A few years ago half this board said DVD sucked and that he should be gone. “Horrible” recruiter missing out on too many guys, etc.

Now the sky is falling because USF is calling and anything should be done to keep him on board. Which is it.

Advertisement
A few years ago half this board said DVD sucked and that he should be gone. “Horrible” recruiter missing out on too many guys, etc.

Now the sky is falling because USF is calling and anything should be done to keep him on board. Which is it.

Playing a huge part in landing the #1 defensive prospect in America at an extreme position of need from Gator country changes a lot of perception my man.

He is officially on the map.

Pretty much where I am.

We saw how our CBs played last time he was in charge of that room, it wasn’t pretty but idk how much of that truly falls on him when the entire defense was a mess for most part. This staff needs coaches desperately BUT he has earned another shot to show what he can do with a much more talented room.
Also not for nothing but wasn’t it (unnamed insider until I’m sure) and other insiders basically saying our DBs were clowning DVD?

I don’t want to spread false info but I 99.99% remember that being said

Also not for nothing but wasn’t it (unnamed insider until I’m sure) and other insiders basically saying our DBs were clowning DVD?

Def was posted on here, don’t remember by who but yeah.

That's my worry too someone said about commanding the attention of the room back then, but that was from a different regime

Advertisement
Advertisement
**** McDaniel looks like a Lululemon store manager and hes absolutely player friendly and hes one of the best young coaches in the league and a smart O mind. the old mindset of you have to be a hard *** to be a successful coach is played out, not even true anymore, and just more nonsense. ****, our own pick up your kids coach can't even fire his own OC publicly.

Agreed. You don't have to be a hardass - but you DO have to be able to hold your players/coaches accountable. If you can't, then you will not succeed. Your voice will fall flat when things get tough with losses, internal conflict, culture issues, etc.

Like many things in life, you need a good balance.

Advertisement
Back