USC guilts Matt Thomas into sticking with his plan....

If his name was Keith Bryant and he pulled this I might worry...but everything screams cane to me...kid throws up the U like he was born to, momma factor, from 305 and we have been on him all along...in Pete I trust

Advertisement
Anyone got insider? Obviously he is going to USC but anything on a Miami visit

"Five-star linebacker Matthew Thomas (Miami, Fla./Booker T. Washington) is fresh off of a visit to Alabama, but questions linger about whether the nation’s sixth-rated prospect will head to Miami (Fla.) or USC next."

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/southeast/post?id=14516#comment
nothing we don't already know
- Ice plans to meet with both Thomas & Kirkland before in homes start
- Kirkland will visit Arkansas and WVU

Five-star linebacker Matthew Thomas (Miami, Fla./Booker T. Washington) is fresh off of a visit to Alabama, but questions linger about whether the nation’s sixth-rated prospect will head to Miami (Fla.) or USC next.

Booker T. Washington head coach Tim Harris said Thomas had been looking at switching his visit from USC to Miami for the upcoming weekend, but now it looks like the original plan will stay in place.

“Matthew was talking about visiting Miami this weekend and USC at another time, but I think he’s going to stick with USC this weekend,” Harris said. “He’s been to Miami a few times, and he can go again if he wants.”

Thomas’ officials to Florida State on Jan. 25 and Georgia on Feb. 1 are still on as scheduled.

Harris said he hadn’t talked with Thomas or ESPN 150 lineman Denver Kirkland about their respective officials this past weekend. Kirkland took an official to South Florida.

“I’m going to get with them this evening and get some feedback before the in-home visits start,” Harris said.

Harris said Kirkland’s final two visits will be to Arkansas and West Virginia. Both prospects will make their final decisions as part of ESPNU’s nationally-televised signing day coverage

(ESPN)

Advertisement
Five-star linebacker Matthew Thomas (Miami, Fla./Booker T. Washington) is fresh off of a visit to Alabama, but questions linger about whether the nation’s sixth-rated prospect will head to Miami (Fla.) or USC next.

Booker T. Washington head coach Tim Harris said Thomas had been looking at switching his visit from USC to Miami for the upcoming weekend, but now it looks like the original plan will stay in place.

“Matthew was talking about visiting Miami this weekend and USC at another time, but I think he’s going to stick with USC this weekend,” Harris said. “He’s been to Miami a few times, and he can go again if he wants.”

Thomas’ officials to Florida State on Jan. 25 and Georgia on Feb. 1 are still on as scheduled.

Harris said he hadn’t talked with Thomas or ESPN 150 lineman Denver Kirkland about their respective officials this past weekend. Kirkland took an official to South Florida.

“I’m going to get with them this evening and get some feedback before the in-home visits start,” Harris said.

Harris said Kirkland’s final two visits will be to Arkansas and West Virginia. Both prospects will make their final decisions as part of ESPNU’s nationally-televised signing day coverage

(ESPN)

Hrm, actually don't like the sound of that. He needs to get on campus.

Coaches are almost always confident, so you have to take their words with a grain of salt.

However, what sticks out with Thomas is an interview he did at the UA game. Someone asked him about local pressure to go to UM. He said that's all he hears "outside and inside the house." His mom was at practice decked out in Canes gear.

Playing time, location and mom all heavily favor Miami. His head coach has heavy UM ties. Miami is recruiting him the hardest, he speaks with Barrow regularly and he likes the school. It would go against too many truisms for me to predict anyone but the Canes.

Coaches are almost always confident, so you have to take their words with a grain of salt.

However, what sticks out with Thomas is an interview he did at the UA game. Someone asked him about local pressure to go to UM. He said that's all he hears "outside and inside the house." His mom was at practice decked out in Canes gear.

Playing time, location and mom all heavily favor Miami. His head coach has heavy UM ties. Miami is recruiting him the hardest, he speaks with Barrow regularly and he likes the school. It would go against too many truisms for me to predict anyone but the Canes.

This is how I feel. Everything about this kid screams Miami. There's no shady rumors going around, no rumors of him disliking Miami, no parents interfering, etc. Now, we just need to see something tangible towards that.

That's been my thought process the whole way. Even when the Alabama and Florida State stuff was going on in the middle of the summer. Makes far too much sense for him to end up at Miami. The positives for Miami outweigh the negatives and always have.

Advertisement
That line from the interview he did with Pete a few weeks ago sticks with me regarding FSU. He said he wanted to get up there to show his Mom the classrooms, dorms, locker rooms, etc. At the time I said it read like a kid who wanted to get his Mother's blessing and show her it would be ok for him to go there. I'm starting to think that's the case more and more.

^^^ soon as i saw that article..i got "Nole lean" vibe on him. Ifg this kid doesnt come this weekend it will be hard to wheel him in..especially with a "mid week" visit.. if i had to guess i think the kid is 60-40 in favor of fsu.

Add to it fsu has Ira Denson tryna work Kirkland.

Not scared or anything but thats the vibe AS TO THIS POINT for me on 6. The official if he takes one could change it....this weekend would o been BIG.....have no clue why he doesnt reschedule the usc trip for next week/.

^^^ soon as i saw that article..i got "Nole lean" vibe on him. Ifg this kid doesnt come this weekend it will be hard to wheel him in..especially with a "mid week" visit.. if i had to guess i think the kid is 60-40 in favor of fsu.

Not scared or anything but thats the vibe AS TO THIS POINT for me on 6. The official if he takes one could change it....this weekend would o been BIG.....have no clue why he doesnt reschedule the usc trip for next week/.

Mom already had her plane ticket & it was non-refundable

Advertisement
Advertisement
That line from the interview he did with Pete a few weeks ago sticks with me regarding FSU. He said he wanted to get up there to show his Mom the classrooms, dorms, locker rooms, etc. At the time I said it read like a kid who wanted to get his Mother's blessing and show her it would be ok for him to go there. I'm starting to think that's the case more and more.

Denver is all Miami. "6" is torn, but I think he will be a Cane in the end.

just give me these guys to close and I will be thrilled:

Thomas
Kirkland
Collins
Grace
Bostwick
Bryant

Coley would be icing

Advertisement
Back