USC are garbage overrated?

Advertisement
Just a matter of time before Chip Kelly’s UCLA Bruins are running the PAC-12.

Helton is in way over his head, IMO.

Darnold could throw 8 more ints and they would still drool all over him. Just don’t get it

Look at how many Hurricanes that are in the NFL that played under Shannon and Golden. Especially the guys that didn't put up big numbers or were impact players that are now very successful at the next level.

Now apply that logic to guys like Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold.

Advertisement
Advertisement
USC looked weak. They haven’t recruited as well as OSU but they looked like they don’t even have a strength program. This isn’t surpris8ng...USC lost by 35 to Notre Dame.

USC looked weak. They haven’t recruited as well as OSU but they looked like they don’t even have a strength program. This isn’t surpris8ng...USC lost by 35 to Notre Dame.

Glad I wasn't the only one that's noticed this, they looked like pip squeaks compared to some of the teams I've seen em' play this year.

Advertisement
Browns fan here. Doesn't matter who they pick....they will **** them up. Would like them to get a veteran QB and have Lamar Jackson sit for a year or two. We aren't winning **** in the next couple years anyway. I like Allen better than Rosen/Darnold, as well. Minkah would be a great addition with that 4th pick. **** Derwin James

Last edited:
Advertisement
Darnold sucks and will be a complete bust in the NFL.
Reminds me of a poor man's Matt Stafford.

And I don't know how good or bad that is, but it's not #1 overall worthy.

Rosen>>>>Darnold

From what I've seen, Falk > Rosen / Darnold.

And you may want to get your eyes checked. Rosen ***** on Falk in pretty much every major category. Falk is just another Leach system guy that rarely makes pro level throws. I think Falk is a career backup type, that may end up starting on some awful team down the line.

Washington under Petersen is the only team in the Pac 12 that plays championship caliber pass defense. The Huskies have allowed fewer than 6 YPA two seasons in a row. USC is mostly in pretend mode at 7.0 YPA allowed this season. That means you are imminently eligible to get blown out and exposed by a premier team, like Ohio State with its 5.9 YPA pass defense.

You never want the preseason ratings and the pass defense numbers to point sharply in the other direction. Ohio State was #2 preseason, as I emphasized several weeks ago on USC forums. USC has gotten away with playing occasional major bowl games against upstart teams that were not rated highly in preseason, like Penn State last season. That is an easy way to fool yourself, and fool a large chunk of the nation as well. Preseason ratings are the truth and the light in college sports. You can easily spot the looney via anyone who scoffs at preseason ratings.

Ohio State was criminally restrained the past three seasons by JT Little Game Barrett. That program has championship level personnel all over the field. Even tonight that margin rightfully should have been much wider, if Ohio State had a competent quarterback. Losing Barrett will be like coming off 3 years probation for the Buckeyes.

I'm not sure Clay Helton has any idea what it takes to get that pass defense below 6 YPA and keep it there annually. Jim Harbaugh knows. He's been there two seasons in a row so he understands he's much closer than the inept conventional wisdom allows. Michigan is certainly more legitimate than USC from a physical standpoint.

As Urban Meyer emphasized twice during the telecast, pass defense is defined by a front four that terrorizes the quarterback and won't let him set his feet. USC plays in more of a cupcake league where you try to outscore teams from Arizona and really don't care too much about the opposing quarterback's comfort level. Ridiculous because there are tons of athletes in the Pac 12, including in the trenches. The coaching and defensive tenacity simply aren't there right now.

Advertisement
Back