USC and UCLA to B1G

I’d be happy with either conference like most. Miami is a major TV market and draw. Definitely a desired school. Taking a step back and looking at things objectively in Miami’s best interest I believe that would be the SEC. I’ve never been a fan and absolutely hate the “SEC” chant. However, geographical it makes the most sense for fans and parents of players attending games. In addition, I’ve got no interest watching Miami playing Wisconsin in Madison in November or Indiana, Illinois, etc.
I have no interest in playing Missouri or usce or vandy period - can *** for tat either way. I’ll take usc osu Notre dame (likely) Michigan you may prefer alabama Georgia Oklahoma or ufag

Either way works.

Advertisement
Ya’ll worried about distance to travel…

So let’s compare tailgates… what say you?!?!

My experience:
- Big 10 starts drinking at 7am while they get their spot to set up and is still closing the bar at 2am

- UF and FSU are puking on themselves at half time of a noon game if they start at 7am

Any solid comparisons out there?

My experience:
- Big 10 starts drinking at 7am while they get their spot to set up and is still closing the bar at 2am

- UF and FSU are puking on themselves at half time of a noon game if they start at 7am

LSU

I have no interest in playing Missouri or usce or vandy period - can *** for tat either way. I’ll take usc osu Notre dame (likely) Michigan you may prefer alabama Georgia Oklahoma or ufag

Either way works.

I guess you missed “In Madison in November” However, we’ve showed a marvelous track record of winning those games in the snow and frigid temps. 👍

I didn’t mention other undesirables like Rutgers, Northwestern, Iowa. Miami is located in Florida last I checked and as I mentioned geographically it would be easier on fans and player’s parents traveling to games in the south since the majority of our players are from Florida.

Regardless either conference would be better than the ACC

I guess you missed “In Madison in November” However, we’ve showed a marvelous track record of winning those games in the snow and frigid temps. 👍

I didn’t mention other undesirables like Rutgers, Northwestern, Iowa. Miami is located in Florida last I checked and as I mentioned geographically it would be easier on fans and player’s parents traveling to games in the south since the majority of our players are from Florida.

Everything you said plus... and I know this is a football forum and football is king of the sports, but... it would be an easier travel schedule for the other sports. Not to mention, sports like baseball would fit in in the SEC much better than the BIG10.

Related, I feel bad for USC and UCLA sports like basketball who are going to have to travel to Rutgers, MD, PSU, etc. The reverse is true as well, but (as of now at least) the other schools will only have to travel to the west coast once or twice a season while USC and UCLA will have to do it for every away game except for each other.

Advertisement
When I see You Tube commentary about B1G expansion to the ACC, the only teams that are mentioned are Clemson and FSU. Nobody mentions us. I suspect people are in for a huge surprise. I just don’t see Radakovich waiting on the Domers for anything.

Either way works.

I can understand Mizzou or Vandy, but South Carolina is a former Independent like us, we played them a few times in the good old days.

I think we'd all like to see the marquee games that we haven't been able to get due to everyone being pusillanimous about scheduling OOC games. We haven't played Southern Cal IN OUR LIFETIMES (yours and mine). THAT is one I would love to see.

Advertisement

I went to a Purdue/NW game in November at Wrigley…it’s cold man. F^ck that.

My experience:

Sadly my *** is getting sent to Biloxi for 5 months so I'm planning on hitting up tailgating experiences in Oxford, Baton Rouge, maybe Starkville. Don't think I could force myself to go to Birmingham.

Will drunk-post with co-eds half my age.

The payout from joining B1G would be enormous, and unlike the SEC, we wouldn't be joining a conference that was trying to ***** us six ways from Sunday, imho. My only issue is that from a recruiting POV, there may be a short term penalty because of the cachet of the SEC, but as Alabama begins to decline in relevance over the next five years and the money begins to go into B1G schools, this conference may become the more powerful one over time.

That kind of thinking may be going into what the Administration is considering.

As far as the recruits are concerned, B1G games, especially the ones down here, will be marquee events. OSU, Michigan, Pedo State and I can't emphasize this enough, any Domer and Southern Cal games, are going to be night games that are natioanally broadcast, especially if Cristobal has us in the top six and fighting for a playoff spot. Oregon games will be interesting, depending on how good that program becomes. Games at Autzen would be late afternoon or night games.

There will be times when the Canes will just have to fly out to the West Coast to avoid jet lag earlier in the week.

Bottom line, I think the marquee event status from a lot of these B1G games will attract the kind of recruits who want scouts looking at them on TV and at the games. People here need to realize that the kind of budget the Big Ten is considering not only effects us (assuming we join), but every other B1G member. We just benefit more than other B1G members because we're at the center of the South Florida Recruiting Paradise.

Advertisement
Someone posted this infographic on reddit, it gives an estimation of each school's total fanbase. It puts as at 19th and fsu at 20th:

Thanks for finding this, some good data but in looking at the clients and linked in on Tony Altimore I'm not suprised, even though updated on 13 June 2022, the report, which looks like something flashy for USG consumption, shows lazines in its analysis:

- In showing the "At Risk" fanbases, he repeats the disproven contention of Miam's Admin commitment to sports...Asleep for the last six months, Tony? Brings up the tired "distant stadium" trope, yet talks about the "reality of a small private school." So what would a stadium next to campus do to "reduce risk" Tony?

- Bacically uses Ohio's population for the OSU fan base calculation. Six D1 MAC teams and UCncinnatti have more than casual fanbases and there is a seething dislike of OSU that permeates the state, fed by other school graduates and OSU fan arrogance. Need proof:

UD.jpeg

Thanks for finding this, some good data but in looking at the clients and linked in on Tony Altimore I'm not suprised, even though updated on 13 June 2022, the report, which looks like something flashy for USG consumption, shows lazines in its analysis:

- In showing the "At Risk" fanbases, he repeats the disproven contention of Miam's Admin commitment to sports...Asleep for the last six months, Tony? Brings up the tired "distant stadium" trope, yet talks about the "reality of a small private school." So what would a stadium next to campus do to "reduce risk" Tony?

- Bacically uses Ohio's population for the OSU fan base calculation. Six D1 MAC teams and UCncinnatti have more than casual fanbases and there is a seething dislike of OSU that permeates the state, fed by other school graduates and OSU fan arrogance. Need proof:

View attachment 195312
Ah ok yea I saw it and thought it would bring good discussion on here. I think it's a few years old tbh. I agree with you that his analysis is likely off though.

It doesn’t take the best analyst in the world to decipher that the status quo or the ACC with Notre Dame is our best option. Both those are a Hail Mary though, and the administration likely sees the Big 10 as a much better fit long term, on all accounts. The SEC would be fine as well, and probably our most likely destination. Any other outcome is a problem. This should all get sorted out in 2022.

Advertisement
It doesn’t take the best analyst in the world to decipher that the status quo or the ACC with Notre Dame is our best option. Both those are a Hail Mary though, and the administration likely sees the Big 10 as a much better fit long term, on all accounts. The SEC would be fine as well, and probably our most likely destination. Any other outcome is a problem. This should all get sorted out in 2022.
Anybody have a guess at a deadline when realignment is over?

ND remaining in the ACC indeed is probably a Hail Mary. That said, I also wonder if ESPN is really going to cede ND to Fox. Could ESPN make some kind of offer that would make the ACC an attractive and financially lucrative spot to join. ND would never go to the SEC for a lot of reasons, so it’s really ESPN’s only shot. If not, I think ND makes the jump to the B1G. Too much money involved.

Sadly my *** is getting sent to Biloxi for 5 months so I'm planning on hitting up tailgating experiences in Oxford, Baton Rouge, maybe Starkville. Don't think I could force myself to go to Birmingham.

Will drunk-post with co-eds half my age.
I'm as big an SEC hater as you'll find but I like your future plans. Oxford is on my tailgate bucket list.

I think it's nice when dudes set out to hit up every MLB ballpark but I always thought doing a national tailgate tour would be much more fun- especially if you're looking for some new/young *** to smash.

Advertisement
Back