USC and UCLA to B1G

Oh yay, Miami is coming to the Sec. Just what we needed two South Carolina’s.
1656877638941.png

Advertisement
I can see conferences wanting UNC. They're a decent football team now, not like they were before. And they are a massive get for basketball. Im addition to their academics, that's why i see the Big10 wanting UNC. It's why I see Miami, ND, and UNC making sense for the Big10, plus a couple other teams

yep.

Big state school. Big casual fan following, even if it’s basketball right now.

Good recruiting ground.

Look at the classes Mack is bringing in now. Give UNC 50 million to play with and they would be a really good football program to add to your conference.

Big Ten. That league with ND, Miami, Oregon, and Washington would be crazy. No clue how they do the divisions.

I’d rather play teams like OSU, Penn St, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, ND, USC, Oregon, Washington, etc. Thats a national league. SEC is going to be a regional league. Give me Big 10!

Advertisement
I don't want to derail this thread but just a potential sidebar vent of......f*ck all those shortsighted simple people that used to hem and haw and throw around fake/erroneously interpreted stats about major college football not being profitable and essentially not worth a big time investment.

Where are they at now as the amount of money going back to schools that have made that investment is pure insanity? That it realistically could be like $100 mil PER YEAR PER SCHOOL very soon.

You know where they are? They're not apologizing for claiming that only a few football programs were actually profitable. They're not apologizing for not understanding how to grasp the real economic and academic benefits of a big time program (especially to a school like Miami in that 40-55 academic ranking territory). Nope. They're bemoaning the ending of "amateurism" and college football how they liked it- even though back then THEY were part of the problem in us not succeeding in the era they claim to now miss.

End. Rant. Can't wait to get our first massive conference payout.
Agreed. Just to clarify though, I believe their basic argument was that the entire athletic programs as a whole were losing money due to the Title IX requirements, Olympic sports, etc.

Totally agree with you though in that those non-revenue sports get funded by these big TV contracts for football. Why shoot down investing in those areas that actually make money so they make enough money to pay for those parts of an athletic program that are not profitable?

Yeah, if Miami is hosting many of those SEC schools, I feel like Hard Rock would be rocking.
Every week unless it’s Vanderbilt or someone.

BAMA
UGA
FLA
TEX
OU
LSU
ETC…

All drawing full crowds!! That playing in a half empty stadium crap would be put to rest!

Yeah, if Miami is hosting many of those SEC schools, I feel like Hard Rock would be rocking.
6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other.

For every Alabaga and Jawja and Texas there's an OSU and Michigan and USC and probably Notre Dame. Not to mention our history with Nebraska and Pedo State.

For every Northwestern and Rutgers and Maryland there's also a Vandy and Mississippi State and Mizzou.

This is all before we see what expansion actually brings too but a) I don't think we should factor away team fanbases at Hard Rock into anything and b) the caliber of each conference will have that place rocking disirregardless as long as we're good again anyway.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Imo, we can’t go wrong w/ either conference. Personally I would prefer the B1G b/c

1. We’ll stay in harmony w/ the academic affiliation as the B1G will be boasting more top 70 Academic Institutions than any other conference

2. The B1G has more historic rivalries there than The SEC. In the SEC we’ll have UF; in the B1G we’ll have Nebraska, PSU, OSU (grudge), potentially ND, Wisconsin (grudge), and we’ll have the opportunity to play our mirrored brethren in SC

However, in The SEC we wouldn’t go wrong, either. It’s good to have options, and I would have no problem w/ either. In both scenarios, it will pivot us in the direction to hop in to the arms race w/ flush $$ coming in.

Imo, we can’t go wrong w/ either conference. Personally I would prefer the B1G b/c

1. We’ll stay in harmony w/ the academic affiliation as the B1G will be boasting more top 70 Academic Institutions than any other conference

2. The B1G has more historic rivalries there than The SEC. In the SEC we’ll have UF; in the B1G we’ll have Nebraska, PSU, OSU (grudge), potentially ND, Wisconsin (grudge), and we’ll have the opportunity to play our mirrored brethren in SC

However, in The SEC we wouldn’t go wrong, either. It’s good to have options, and I would have no problem w/ either. In both scenarios, it will pivot us in the direction to hop in to the arms race w/ flush $$ coming in.
We would have Oklahoma as an old-school rival in the SEC, too.

But I agree with everything you said.

Which conference do you think gives us a bigger advantage in recruiting?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back