USC and UCLA to B1G

We need to GTFO of the ACC like yesterday. Dan uses his connections to work with Clemson and get us into B10. That would be an incredibly fun conference and would immediately compete with the SEC as the top conference.

Miami, Clemson, USC, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan State. Those matchups would be ******* awesome.

Advertisement
The ACC Commissioner that made that awful deal with ESPN killed the conference. While the B10 & SEC are about to be getting $100MM, ACC teams are stuck with $30MM. The ACC is awful.
This! You can’t attract or retain teams when the disparity is that large. Clemson, FSU and Miami need to abandon ship or get left behind. Resources are everything! You can’t compete walking into the game down 70.

We need to leave ASAP. The only way I’d say stick around is if we could poach Notre Dame and Penn State, but that’s incredibly unlikely.
I keep telling people this and people laugh. Teams are going to be left out.

People laughed at the SEC playoff. They are 20 steps ahead and unfortunately schools need to act or get left behind.

The future will be SEC vs Big Ten championship and no one will care about the rest.

We need to GTFO of the ACC like yesterday. Dan uses his connections to work with Clemson and get us into B10. That would be an incredibly fun conference and would immediately compete with the SEC as the top conference.

Miami, Clemson, USC, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan State. Those matchups would be ******* awesome.

If Clemson jumps, it's to the SEC. Guaranteed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No we need to get tf out the ACC. Miami is a football school and the conference doesn’t take it serious enough.

Advertisement
If Clemson jumps, it's to the SEC. Guaranteed.
I don't know. You have to get 3/4 vote to get invited. South Carolina won't support it and I'm not sure how much utility some other members would see with Clemson.

Regardless, other than geographically, Miami is not an SEC fit. It is somewhat comparable to a Northwestern being in the Big 10. But logistics would be a nightmare. But, if the Big 10 is going to LA, then f*** logistics.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We better do something fast, as it pertains to realignment, or we’re going to be left in the dust in this ****** *** basketball conference.
The ACC should force ND into the conference for football or drop them entirely. One day it's going to come down to adding them or folding. Miami, Clemson, Louisville and maybe FSU could wind up in an SEC Super Conference because Miami, Clemson, and now Louisville are invested heavily in football. FSU wants to be, but show me the money.

Miami is the star of the conference because of the number of people in our TV market and the level of commitment we now have to football.

It's going to be a win/win for us down the road. We either stay and get what we want or we leave and get what we want.

If I'm the ACC, I'm placing a call to ND right now. That may be the most important (only?) path to viability.

I'd also send out feelers to WVU, Oregon, Washington and Stanford.
What are you asking ND to do? They already have a contractual obligation to the ACC, on terms they love.

What are you asking ND to do? They already have a contractual obligation to the ACC, on terms they love.

Join the ACC as a full-time member.

ND's TV deal with NBC is up in 2025. It currently pays them $15M. Even if they get double that in a few years, they're still $30-50M behind what B10 and SEC teams will be getting every year on their new deals.

It's no longer viable to remain independent. Join the ACC, rip up the old deal that's currently killing the ACC, and continue on.

Advertisement
Back