Urban to FSU?

Advertisement
Hopefully Meyer’s people are spreading these back channel rumors to leverage money from USCw. The Trojans haven’t hired an AD yet. If the AD has any relationship to Meyer, I’d wager we’ll see Urban in a Cardinal and Gold turban. USCw is less of a rebuild, to quote Manny Diaz, and could pay what he made at OSU. Carroll was one of the highest paid HCs in that period.

And, there’s always the Dallas Cowboys. Meyer could be in play there if Dallas fails to make the playoffs, or pulls a one-and-out. He’s publicly stated that is one NFL job he’d ‘absolutely’ consider.

I live amongst them, there’s not a more obnoxious fan base when they’re on top than SC fans. But yeah I’d take urban there than fsu all day everyday

Oh u in the city, bro? Lol. Man, trust me, I’ve lived among them all my life. When Pete was there...worst 5 yrs of my life. Nothing brought me more joy then the 05 National Championship when I was the only one pulling for UT. Ex was there and everything. Lol.

Oh u in the city, bro? Lol. Man, trust me, I’ve lived among them all my life. When Pete was there...worst 5 yrs of my life. Nothing brought me more joy then the 05 National Championship when I was the only one pulling for UT. Ex was there and everything. Lol.
Texas-USC was an awesome game ... that was the game of Vince Young's life

Advertisement
I’m in Orange County, Fullerton..yeah I love Vince young for that one, couldn’t stand those petey years it was unbearable. It was at a time when we were just coming down from our run but I used to tell my buddies they wanted no part of us..now I’m just quiet lol

Don't see it happening. This feels like Gruden to Miami.

Wasn't it two months ago we were hearing fsu was broke/didn't have wallys buyout money? Now they can pay 20 mil and spend top 5 money for Urbs? For the record I don't think fsu nor any other P5 program has money problems, they may choose to not spend it on football but they aint broke. I do a lot of subcontract work for a local college much smaller than Miami and they got bank.

Don't see it happening. This feels like Gruden to Miami.

Wasn't it two months ago we were hearing fsu was broke/didn't have wallys buyout money? Now they can pay 20 mil and spend top 5 money for Urbs? For the record I don't think fsu nor any other P5 program has money problems, they may choose to not spend it on football but they aint broke. I do a lot of subcontract work for a local college much smaller than Miami and they got bank.
we have heard the "Poor Miami" bull**** for years. i joked on a thread the other day that Miami was so poor the football players have to share mouthpieces ... lol

Advertisement
First they go out and get the better OC in Briles while we settle for Enos who comes with the exact opposite scheme that we need, and now they are about to cash out for Meyer. Seriously... what happened to The U? I will always ride for my squad but this is just sad.

They aren't cashing out for Meyer. The state of Florida is broke, FSU with its rapey history would get raked over the coals for hiring Meyer, and Willie's buyout is insane. Why fight for the ACC Atlantic with Dabo? USC is a much better job. He would have zero competition for the Pac 12 in one of the biggest media markets in the country.

They aren't cashing out for Meyer. The state of Florida is broke, FSU with its rapey history would get raked over the coals for hiring Meyer, and Willie's buyout is insane. Why fight for the ACC Atlantic with Dabo? USC is a much better job. He would have zero competition for the Pac 12 in one of the biggest media markets in the country.
youre not thinking like Urban.. he would love to knock heads with Dabo... Urban has a huge ego. Also its well known he loves the state of Florida, especially with NO personal income tax like California has. and he would love to kick the gaytors *** every year....that would be very tasty for Urban the killer. those are all valid reasons Urban going to FSu might not be so far fetched.

Advertisement
youre not thinking like Urban.. he would love to knock heads with Dabo... Urban has a huge ego. Also its well known he loves the state of Florida, especially with NO personal income tax like California has. and he would love to kick the gaytors *** every year....that would be very tasty for Urban the killer. those are all valid reasons Urban going to FSu might not be so far fetched.

That doesn't make a lot of sense. Why would Urban want revenge on UF? He's a God in Gainesville. You might as well say Mark Richt is going to Tallahassee because he wants to exact revenge on the Canes. Pretty sure the tweet that mentioned FSU is looking at Meyer also said Richt was their 2nd choice. It's clickbait nonsense.

That doesn't make a lot of sense. Why would Urban want revenge on UF? He's a God in Gainesville. You might as well say Mark Richt is going to Tallahassee because he wants to exact revenge on the Canes. Pretty sure the tweet that mentioned FSU is looking at Meyer also said Richt was their 2nd choice. It's clickbait nonsense.
believe what you want, Bomb, but there is smoke to this ... so we will see

If this happens I am pulling for FSU! It shows the program wants to be the best, and the admin will go after the best talent to make it right. Unlike UM...

Advertisement
believe what you want, Bomb, but there is smoke to this ... so we will see
Sure, FSUS athletic department a dumpster fire, Millions in debt. Taggart and his staff will cost about a 20 million buyout, If Taggart gets bought out they will be shopping at Walmart for a coach. Urbans Notre Dame or Usc .

Would have to get a new team if true....

This would be the Nail in the coffin.... Urban would utterly own us... and mullen seems like hes going to cruise along with 10 win seasons to do just enough to equally keep us down but never compete for serious championships

Urban and Jimbo .... apples and oranges ... the rumor in Trailerhassee is growing legs and there is definitely smoke up there . we are hoping theres nothing to it , but we can't be idiots whistling past the graveyard.

FSU athletics is broke and had to borrow $6 million from it's booster club last year just to break even. They are cutting staffing and expenses which is a huge part of why Dumbo hauled ***.

They don't have the $10 million a year to pay him not including the assistants he'd demand, much less the $30 million plus up front it will cost to get Meyer there.

Advertisement
Back