Urban Caught lying..... Surprise!

If a coach or faculty (urb wife head of nursing) knows of domestic abuse under title 9 they HAVE to report it or will be terminated

Advertisement
I'm just being honest.

What a world we live in that some guy could lose his job because another man beat his own wife.

And that's not why he would lose his job.

He would lose his job for not referring the matter to his bosses, as required by federal law, state law, and his employment contract.

And he would lose his job for lying about it.

He probably has been making more a year than many people will see in a lifetime. They will be living ok after this.

More of a shame/tainted legacy thing (not that the UiF years shouldn't have already done that). Look at Ol' Rick "whip out yo dik in an Italian restaurant" Pitino. Him and his clan are beyond set for life financially but he seems like a broken tortured and still delusional dude if you hear him talk now.

Its a lose lose for him and his wife.

It’s even more damning having 3 daughters himself and all the shady stuff that was uncovered after he left UF.

Supposedly Urban had some sign in his office about zero tolerance for domestic violence as a team rule. What a snake oil salesman, we knew his true colors, glad it’s all coming to light

Advertisement
That guy mist of been the bag man or something or he really liked the dude

My thought exactly. Let's just hope the reporters do their job. Not holding my breath.

Anyone else notice and find it funny that it took a guy that no major media outlet would hire to break this story on his facebook page? ESPN doesn't want OSU to lose Meyer any more than than $uckeye fans do. Scandal and major State run, blue blood programs not being in playoff contention isn't good for business. Sure, they may get a little ratings bump right now while the scandal is going on, but when it's Washington in the playoff hunt instead of O$U, those network executives will all be grinding their **** teeth.

My thought exactly. Let's just hope the reporters do their job. Not holding my breath.

Anyone else notice and find it funny that it took a guy that no major media outlet would hire to break this story on his facebook page? ESPN doesn't want OSU to lose Meyer any more than than $uckeye fans do. Scandal and major State run, blue blood programs not being in playoff contention isn't good for business. Sure, they may get a little ratings bump right now while the scandal is going on, but when it's Washington in the playoff hunt instead of O$U, those network executives will all be grinding their **** teeth.

mcmurphy probably has a non-compete with espn as part of his layoff. he's too good of a reporter to be freelance.

Advertisement
Its a lose lose for him and his wife.

It’s even more damning having 3 daughters himself and all the shady stuff that was uncovered after he left UF.

Supposedly Urban had some sign in his office about zero tolerance for domestic violence as a team rule. What a snake oil salesman, we knew his true colors, glad it’s all coming to light

Wonder if the Meyer's would have taken the same approach if it was their daughter?

He doesn't have to be fired.

He may have been required to report it but it doesn't have to end in termination.

failure to report is explicitly stated as grounds for termination in his contract. you're right in that they don't have to do it if they don't want to, but when the **** storm is coming and you have an out, you take the out. ohio state is bigger than urban meyer. the fallout of keeping him far outweighs the benefit of having him with the new accusations.

Advertisement
if by some incredible chance she never mentioned a concern of it to urban, she violated title ix by not reporting it. shelly meyer is completely screwed no matter what happens to urban.

my reasoning is that there might be a chain of command that she needs to follow according to policy and even though Urban is the head coach, he is not her supervisor AND she can also be held to account for not reporting directly to authorities. It's not like you can get away with "hey I reported it to another staff" (who is also my husband and head coach), "so I have no further obligation". But you are correct that she is screwed along with her husband it seems.

mcmurphy probably has a non-compete with espn as part of his layoff. he's too good of a reporter to be freelance.

You guys are right. He was hired by Stadium back in April and will start in August. Story from Awful Announcing below...

Doesn't change the fact that no one working for a major media outlet with a stake in college football programming got this story. EDIT: And it doesn't change the fact that this was not exactly the case of the Loch Ness monster. All anyone had to do to get this story was to call Courtney Smith and start asking her questions. Why didn't any other "reporters" pick up the phone and call her?

Former ESPN reporter Brett McMurphy will reportedly join Stadium as college football insider

Last edited:
Advertisement
my reasoning is that there might be a chain of command that she needs to follow according to policy and even though Urban is the head coach, he is not her supervisor AND she can also be held to account for not reporting directly to authorities. It's not like you can get away with "hey I reported it to another staff" (who is also my husband and head coach), "so I have no further obligation". But you are correct that she is screwed along with her husband it seems.

there is no chain of command to follow with title ix violations for mandatory reporters. mandatory reports are required to report directly to the university title ix office in a timely manner (aka immediately). the reason i can say this definitively is because i've been a mandatory reporter at 3 different schools and the procedure is identical at each one. passing it up the chain of command can distort the incident or have it disappear altogether.

So can a coach lose his job if one of his assistants is giving impermissible benefits to recruits. If not then I understand your competency.

Yes, but how often does that happen? LOL, good example.

Either way, that's directly related to the job and not a domestic issue.

there is no chain of command to follow with title ix violations for mandatory reporters. mandatory reports are required to report directly to the university title ix office in a timely manner (aka immediately). the reason i can say this definitively is because i've been a mandatory reporter at 3 different schools and the procedure is identical at each one. passing it up the chain of command can distort the incident or have it disappear altogether.
This

Advertisement
Back