Upon Further Review- Michigan State

Advertisement
You said it but I’m saying it again… UNC is going to beat us very badly.. again. Missing 5 skill players that went on to the NFL. Just the system beats us. Trying to look at other ACC backs and schemes that will expose us on the boundary

Virginia can do it too but they don’t have any talent at RB. So we may escape them. But no way Manny survives another 50 burger to UNC especially when we can’t score either.

I think unc might put up 300/300 on us. Their running game is no joke. They will throttle us. And now uva finally has a good qb? Bronco is gonna eat manny’s lunch and then kick him in the face.

Manny is worse than Golden..

I thought I would never ever agree or even remotely hint at something like this, but u r right.

We’ve had all our lowest points under Diaz, sans the 58-0 debacle against Clemson:

Most rushing yards allowed in a single game in Miami history? Check

First team to allow two RBs to rush for 200+ yards in a single game in ACC history? Check

Most total yards allowed in a single game by a Miami team? Check

First P5 team to lose to FIU in FBS history? Check

First Miami team in over 40 yrs to begin the season 0-2? Check

First Miami team to have a losing record against G5 teams on the schedule? Check

Most points given up at home in a single game since 1944? Check

Allowing a QB to run, pass, and catch a TD? Check

I mean, epic failures we’ve seen, bro…and it’s only been 2.3 yrs!!
I thought Golden was the bottom, but my God we’ve been awful under his watch.

Somebody please help me with this as I am far from being knowledgeable on x’s and o’s.

Has our team as a whole ever been this poorly coached under our last 4 coaches?

I remember how sad we looked under Shannon and the helpless feeling watching our defense during the Golden years.
Yes. Diaz isn't new to the party. In Golden/ D'Nofrio's defense I at least got what they were TRYING to do defensively, they just didn't have the personnel to do it and refused to adjust.

Advertisement
Watch us beat Central Connecticut State of Ohio this Saturday, and Manny brags about how those guys in the locker room have pride, we are not allowing outside noise interfere w/ the goals that are still attainable & have been set out this season.

We could start running a triple option but we never practiced and we would still win the game by 70

I think unc might put up 300/300 on us. Their running game is no joke. They will throttle us. And now uva finally has a good qb? Bronco is gonna eat manny’s lunch and then kick him in the face.
Howell threw for 300+ and ran for 100+ against UVA last week. UVA QB threw for 550+ versus UNC. But they couldn' t run the ball vs UNC

Advertisement
I thought I would never ever agree or even remotely hint at something like this, but u r right.

We’ve had all our lowest points under Diaz, sans the 58-0 debacle against Clemson:

Most rushing yards allowed in a single game in Miami history? DRINK

First team to allow two RBs to rush for 200+ yards in a single game in ACC history? DRINK

Most total yards allowed in a single game by a Miami team? DRINK

First P5 team to lose to FIU in FBS history? DRINK

First Miami team in over 40 yrs to begin the season 0-2? DRINK

First Miami team to have a losing record against G5 teams on the schedule? DRINK

Most points given up at home in a single game since 1944? DRINK

Allowing a QB to run, pass, and catch a TD? DRINK

FIFY -

Trailer Park Boys Drink GIF

I make the mistake at work often of not mentioning something that is clear as day to me and assume top management sees it. The coaches could be so caught up in something else (recruiting as an example) that they miss the basics.
Basics like 5 years of Amari Carter and 6 of McCloud?

Most rushing yards allowed in a single game in Miami history? Check

First team to allow two RBs to rush for 200+ yards in a single game in ACC history? Check

Most total yards allowed in a single game by a Miami team? Check

First P5 team to lose to FIU in FBS history? Check

First Miami team in over 40 yrs to begin the season 0-2? Check

First Miami team to have a losing record against G5 teams on the schedule? Check

Most points given up at home in a single game since 1944? Check

Allowing a QB to run, pass, and catch a TD? Check

GT game was the worst. FIU is the "name" loss but to lose to that GT team essentially took deliberate failure.

Roberts make a bad play and comes back the next and corrects himself. Carter, Bolden, Nesta, Flagg, Hall, Ford, etc.... How many chances man
The young players can’t help much. This is a demoralized team that lacks leadership from both players and coaches. It will take a miracle for a 6 or 7 win season. I think the players threw in the towel against Mich St and you’ll see some of that tomorrow. They’re simply not very interested in playing and lack any motivation.

The organization is broken and morale must be the lowest it’s ever been. Lastly, the older players were once supposed to be good players. They’ve not been coached up nor their skills developed in all the years they’ve been with this program. That’s one of the tragedies of this whole thing. You have players that could have done more but failed spectacularly because their coaches were utter buffoons.

Advertisement
PFF data is generally good. The grades are bit iffy, but the actual data is where I find a lot of value.

Can you send me the link for the individual player missed tackles. I can’t find it. I was curious because I had two missed tackles for 17 verses Michigan State, and definitely not 7 misses on the year.

@Lance Roffers , After your analysis on the first handful of plays, I honestly couldn't stomach any more of the mental errors and poor schemes, and had to skip straight to your summary. The failure points are so obvious, and it's too much negative energy to review play-by-play. I already screamed enough during and after the game.

That said, I agreed with everything you wrote in your summary. It didn't surprise me in the least, since it unfolded in front of all our eyes. The one thing I will take exception to is the talent level. Their play is horrible. But under any decent head coach, their talent potential would be tapped enough to win ever game on this schedule other than Bama. If Cristobal, Kiffin, Schiano or a host of others had inherited this roster back in January, we'd be 2-1 right now with three-TD victories over App State and Michigan State. ******* Florida was a few plays difference from beating Bama, and our roster is just as good as theirs. We are trash because the players have gone backward in most cases under Manny.

What a damning indictment on the program. Lack of fundamentals, careless mistakes...all on the coaching staff.

Advertisement
Manny is worse than Golden..

IMO, the order is Golden>Richt>Diaz. I'm sure plenty will disagree, but the success of the 2017 season was mostly due to Al Golden recruits. There was nothing that Richt did in 2017 that had the team exceeding its potential besides the ND game (he certainly wasn't outscheming opponents). In 2018, when the bulk of the roster was made up of Richt recruits, we saw which way the team was headed and it was not good. Richt and Diaz were terrible talent evaluators/developers. 2017 had two miracle catches that made it so Miami finished 10-3 instead of 8-5. NKosi Perry saved Richt and Miami from a 6-7 season in 2018, as that FSU game should have been an L. If Lady Luck hadn't been on our side big time, Richt's 3 year record would have been 9-4, 8-5, 6-7. Then Diaz (with a team of basically all Richt and Diaz recruits) followed with 6-7. The crazy thing is that in a season where Golden got fired midway through the season, we still finished 8-5 with an interim coach! Based on what I've seen so far, I don't think the team is going to break .500 this season with Diaz as HC.

Can you send me the link for the individual player missed tackles. I can’t find it. I was curious because I had two missed tackles for 17 verses Michigan State, and definitely not 7 misses on the year.
It is a pay deal, so I'll send a copy of the page. I thought Steed played better than the grade and made some plays in this game. This is for the entire season, not just game. Honestly, always feel bad saying anything negative about a player because I know family/friends might see it. Respect the heck out of your kid for fighting through adversity like he has.

1.PNG

• Michigan State called Miami a bunch of punks and said they knew they would fold. If I were the coach of Miami I would have that posted on the walls of the locker room. If that isn’t something that opens eyes in that room, I’m not really sure what will. The toughness of this program is at an all-time low to my eyes.

Did this really happen? I must have missed that. I don't disagree with MSU at all. This is the softest, weakest, laziest, most apathetic Miami team I've EVER witnessed, and it all starts with the leadership (or lack thereof) at the top.

I think this is a bust, because it is unusual to turn an edge loose and then already make the fake without a “read” of the defensive player. Doing a read before he is anywhere near negates the entire purpose of letting the player go. Plus, the RB is going the opposite direction of the read. My guess is the OL was shifted the wrong direction and MSU just had a gift. Easy sack.

I believe it was actually a play-action call. The OL blocked the wrong way but there was no read on it unless it was a QB draw based on the left DE but King was looking downfield from the start (another issue of not selling the fakes).

Advertisement
Back