Upon Further Review: Miami Spring Game

Advertisement
So Leonard Taylor and James Williams(who arent on campus yet) are ready to start against Bama, but Flagg who is in his second year is not ready? I do agree we need more LB help I guess.
Who said they're going to start? If they're healthy, I bet they play. At least on specials but likely real-time position reps as well.

Marshall qualified for Air Force Special Tactics Officer training Phase II. This is a big deal. Marshall's dad was a Green Beret. The detachment has two kids who qualified. Very hard to make it and quite the accomplishment for the detachment. The Miami AFROTC juniors and seniors are a very impressive group.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah I've never thought of Restrepo as some tackle-breaker. I compared him to Adam Humphries before he got on campus.

Marshall qualified for Air Force Special Tactics Officer training Phase II. This is a big deal. Marshall's dad was a Green Beret. The detachment has two kids who qualified. Very hard to make it and quite the accomplishment for the detachment. The Miami AFROTC juniors and seniors are a very impressive group.
AWESOME! Det 155 has produced a number of great AF leaders throughout the years...

are you cadre there?

Advertisement
AWESOME! Det 155 has produced a number of great AF leaders throughout the years...

are you cadre there?
No, my son is a junior at 155. I retired a hundred thousand years ago. He was supposed to hear whether or not he was selected for Undergraduate Pilot Training on Friday. Of course, it looks like that might push to the fall. The Air Force once again really has its act together on Personnel.

Yes. A year ahead of my son. My avatar was taken before the players came back onto the field in 2019. It's Chris who called over for Marshall to join in for a picture. Crowd gave Marshall a loud cheer when he jogged over.

That’s amazing. Congratulations to your son and Marshall as well. Both hard-working young men. Kudos to them. You can’t say neither was not hard-working. You must be very proud. And play football and be in the program, wow, he has a bright future ahead of him, as does your son!

Why we don't pattern read is beyond me? We spot drop and just stand there looking lost.
The answer lies in the question.

A lot of coaches drill the what not the why and how. Defenders end up thinking about their landmark and the importance of rallying to make the tackle instead of processing release/route combination tendencies and stopping what the offense is trying to do.

Egotistical DCs think they can control the game with their perfect calls instead of just implementing sound defensive schemes and principles, and teaching them in depth. Why do you think Miami runs so many exotic zone blitzes and aggressive early down run defense schemes?

Advertisement
I don't get how we can say things like the "best team since" when we got trampled by UNC is one of the most embarrassing displays in the history of college football and then you say things like the linebacker looked average to below. You cant hide that type of play and couple that with our talent decline at end... I hear disappointment on the horizon. One more upside down U from a UNC player without guys on our team having the game of their lives or peps getting penalties for literally removing said players teeth then this aint a best team since anything...
Fair. We’ve also sucked for a lot of those years since...

Advertisement
Leonard Taylor & James Williams has to get starter reps at DE/Safety for us against Bama. I want our biggest & most talented athletes on the field week 1. Stopping the run & controlling the trenches are the biggest keys to the showdown vs Bama. Upgrading the LB spot through the portal is a MUST! Flagg is simply not ready for Bama. Last but not least please keep McCloud, Jennings, Steed, Clark, & Wiggins off the field (Pope to a minimum).
Not sure why Steed gets lumped into some of these posts. He’s not bad.

Steed won’t see the field for almost every legitimate SEC team. He’s a special teams guy at best. Steed being on the field is stealing reps from other talented & more athletic guys.

Mc Cloud won’t start at DE. They are going to rotate a lot. Taylor will likely get reps there unless they bring in a significant contributor from the portal. You find ways to get Taylor and Williams on the field, even if they don’t start.
I wouldn’t mind Johnson & Harvey as the starting DEs but Leonard Taylor is just too special not to get “starter” reps. He’s IMO the best player in the nation (247 has him at 3 respectfully). James Williams is a chess piece that has to see the field idc where at. Best safety prospect since Derwin James IMO.

Steed won’t see the field for almost every legitimate SEC team. He’s a special teams guy at best. Steed being on the field is stealing reps from other talented & more athletic guys.

The guy has been injured. He may never recover, like Wilder and several other recent LBs. But he may end up bouncing back and playing at a high level. Don't count on him, but don't count him out either.

Advertisement
Back