Upon Further Review: Manny Diaz as DC

You’re pressuring him and that’s not supportive behavior!

@NicKane how many games we winning this year?

I wouldn't even care if he wasn't constantly @ me when responds to the resident closeted homophobe wannabe tough guy and the doofus who was starting threads cheering for us to lose.

So if he’s going to bombard me with constant thoughtless vomit then put up or stfu.

Last edited:
Advertisement
My biggest issue is that he used your doofus word instead of sport or sporto. It’s going to confuse people who casually follow beefs on here.

So I’m looking at all this and I have a predicament. We can just thread ban the insult hurlers but right now it’s contained to two and it’s kind of a funny spat so there’s an entertainment component to consider.

I should make at least a cursory attempt to try to resolve this between @HurricaneHauk and @NicKane if possible. So here it goes.

If I am remembering this, Nick said we wouldn’t win more than 5-6 games at which point Hauk offered a 5-1 payout on a $1k bet and Nick did not accept the bet.

I believe that Nick was using hyperbole and doesn’t actually believe that we only win 5-6 games this year. If that is true, Nick can just say it was hyperbole but I still think we’re going to finish with 8 wins or 7 wins.

If, however, Nick believes that we really aren’t going to win more than 5-6 games, then maybe Nick isn’t a money better. I’m not. I don’t like gambling. So how about this:

If we win no more than 6 games, then Hauk has to use a degrading tagline for the off-season like “Manny slurping is ghey & I love slurping” - just a suggestion.

But... if we win 7 or more games then Nick has to do the same thing such as a tagline that says “I slurp Manny like yummy **** soup”.

Thoughts???
I was hoping a Maude wouldn’t step in with a band. I’ve been LMAO at those 2 for a couple of days now. Although I must admit I can only get through the first couple of sentences of Nik’s porsts.

Oh now we’re on board bans huh? The 3rd ultimate pu$$y move some lone can commit on the blog when some else (NicKane) is living rent free in the hurticaneMouses head! Lmao dude you’ve already now commuted 2 out of 3 of the most desperate pu$$y @ss moves someone can do on CIS. 😂 I’ll rank them for you and the only one your missing is numero uno sport, but I believe in you, so I know you can do it if you push your pu$$y lips together 3 times and make a wish. 🤣 #2 ****** move, you started thread about me which = living rent free in your head. #3 ****** move, the good ole 1 year blog ban that no one ever pays attention = how desperate you are! Lol all your missing like I said is #1 the DM bro, you can do it bro, just tap the envelope and type my name and hit send bro. I believe in you “bro” I believe you can hit the trifecta of ultimate CIS pu$$y moves “bro” lmao

Won’t accept money wager

won’t accept board ban

@RVACane he clearly doesn’t believe in anything he writes

troll

Won’t accept money wager

won’t accept board ban

@RVACane he clearly doesn’t believe in anything he writes

troll
All you got to do is DM me bro to hit the trifecta of desperate, living rent free in your head pu$$y moves an individual can do on CIS or any blog for that matter! Lol you’ve already committed 2 of the 3 Mighty Mouse, just one more and you’ve earned the triple crown cis ****** award. 😂 and I screenshot the other two so I can make sure to put you on blast on here at every turn with them. 😉 now I just need number 3 “bro,” you can do it bro, I believe in you bro! 👍 Just like I believe whole heartedly that Manure Diaz is a coRch and will lose anywhere from 5 to 6 games this year. So yes, I clearly do believe every word I write just like I believe you’re a pu$$y and Diaz is a coRch. And you can take that to the bank along with your BFF Manure Mouse. 🤣

All you got to do is DM me bro to hit the trifecta of desperate, living rent free in your head pu$$y moves an individual can do on CIS or any blog for that matter! Lol you’ve already committed 2 of the 3 Mighty Mouse, just one more and you’ve earned the triple crown cis ****** award. 😂 and I screenshot the other two so I can make sure to put you on blast on here at every turn with them. 😉 now I just need number 3 “bro,” you can do it bro, I believe in you bro! 👍 Just like I believe whole heartedly that Manure Diaz is a coRch and will lose anywhere from 5 to 6 games this year. So yes, I clearly do believe every word I write just like I believe you’re a pu$$y and Diaz is a coRch. And you can take that to the bank along with your BFF Manure Mouse. 🤣

clearly you don’t otherwise you would accept a wager

Talking about rent free you’re taking pictures of things I say and @ me every topic

you’re a ***** and are borderline retarded

Advertisement
7-6 or 8-5. Like I said I believe he loses 5 minimum. How ever he gets to that 5 is up to manure but I believe he gets there. Because he’s a coRch and that’s what corches do.
@HurricaneHauk , Nick says we win 7-8 games this year, which includes 4-5 regular season losses plus a bowl game loss. What number says you in wins?

clearly you don’t otherwise you would accept a wager

Talking about rent free you’re taking pictures of things I say and @ me every topic

you’re a ***** and are borderline retarded
You’re the one that keeps @ me with a dumbass “internet bet” that no ones ever gonna get paid on just like the hundreds of other BS internet bets ive read on CIS over the years. Lol yea I’m gonna really fall for the “I’ll venmo you the money bro.” Get real “bro!” try to get me out of your head “bro” just think about how you and lispy are gonna lisp and slide all the way into your scissoring tonight “bro” two pussies banging their pussies that don’t have a ******* clue about football huh “bro” Manure Mouse + hurricaneMouse in manures **** =love huh “bro” I’m happy for you two “bro” maybe you two can take the trannyfvcker and ménage a Trois eachother into comas “bro” so then will all be rid of you three maricons “bro” lmao 🖕

1612822260582.gif

Last edited:
Yeah. I haven't watched the game since besides breaking down Dillon tape for the draft/fantasy football. Miami couldn't tackle him and I'm guessing they threw the ball because of stacked boxes dedicated to slowing down Dillon.

Regardless he's a generational talent imo and college defenses aren't supposed to have easy answers for that. Whatever the reason you're correct in pointing out that Miami's defense was exposed in that game. I'm sure others might point to the Wisconsin game(s) but I remember them making a lot of big boy throw/catches that are hard to blame on coaching.
Dillon was good that game but it’s not like he killed us. I think he was under 5 yards per carry. Diaz got whipped by a horrible OC, Scott Loeffler, who came out slinging it when Diaz was clearly thinking they would run every down.

They also mixed in some trick plays that were wide open, and Brown killed us with opportune runs. They went up and down the field on us a couple times before Diaz had a clue what was going on.

Advertisement
I think manny didn’t take recruiting seriously (nor did richt) and that included not managing his CB coach and the overall process effectively. I don’t think it’s that he cared less - i mean, he **** the bed completely at LB and that was his own responsibility. I think he just didn’t engage enough as dc when it came to recruiting - he probably saw it as more about the head coach and position coaches who interact with the recruits — and i think he let his ego and personality get in the way and he just didn't do a good job of it. But i said i was worried about him as a recruiter the day we hired him.

Thst said I think he’s learning as to recruiting. But he’s learning the surface part of it. I am less comfortable he’s really gotten the process part down, but we’ll see.

as to your question, i do think our cb talent and depth impacted play-calling this year. I also suspect manny meddling with baker made it worse, because baker may have been calling the aggression thinking it was manny’s preference or solution and he just didn’t want to fight it. They say a camel is a horse designed by committee. Our defense this year looked like a camel to me.
this is an excellent post. thanks for sharing. don't agree with all of it, but you make very compelling arguments.

You realize you could also reverse that statement and it's also true right?

Information is just gross data . Context is king. I know for many people on this board that's like trying to explain advanced trigonometry to an impaired chimp....but it doesn't make it any less true.

Stats lie more than a politician. It's also ironic politicians always carry non contextual stats around in their back pocket which they spew on demand when faced with certain questions. Don't be that guy.

If I tell you a coordinator's defense was ranked in the top 10 but you don't take into account the schedule he played included St Brendan's, Lourdes, and Archbishop Carrol.....well that would make you just as guilty as the impaired chimp.

How many of you guys were around for the Coker days? Do you have ANY idea how many ******* morons on the site most of us migrated from kept spewing out Coker's WINNING PERCENTAGE AND NATIONAL TITLE as an argument for why he shouldn't be fired? It's a stat, it was real. It also wasn't put into CONTEXT.
having played DB at St. Brendan's in the 1980s, i am insulted by this reference and the fact that you place us in the same category as lourdes.

That's where we disagree and our interpretation of the data veers in different directions. A guy like Trob isn't going to be here long anyways. My fear is Manny beats up on the bad teams just enough to get an an extension and then we're right back in purgatory. Our schedule is always going to give a mediocre coach the chance to win just enough games to satiate our incompetent, apathetic administration.

My opinion on his hire is the same as the day his hiring was announced. I don't believe in criticizing decisions after the fact. You judge a decision by the set of data points available AT THE MOMENT of the decision since none of us have a crystal ball. I'm trying to be as fair as possible here but this is going to go down as ANOTHER University of Miami head coach who gets fired here, and can't get another head coaching job anywhere.
you might be right, and i agree with the past in prelude argument, but he has one attribute that the last 5-6 didn't have and that attribute might render him different. he has recognized initial errors in hiring his coaches and has upgraded them dramatically. if he can retain them and land a few top 10 recruiting classes, he could develop some momentum that we haven't seen in a while.

you might be right, and i agree with the past in prelude argument, but he has one attribute that the last 5-6 didn't have and that attribute might render him different. he has recognized initial errors in hiring his coaches and has upgraded them dramatically. if he can retain them and land a few top 10 recruiting classes, he could develop some momentum that we haven't seen in a while.

Hopeful, downright a pipe dream...but ok.

But as for your last sentence, it should be noted it was Manny's own deficiency as a recruiter and developer that has now manifested itself into THE CURRENT DEFENSIVE DEPTH CHART. Between Manny's tenure here as BOTH HC and DC, he's responsible for EVERY single person currently on that defense.

Could he make a miraculous 180 and completely change his coaching profile? Sure. I could also, in theory, win the lottery this weekend.

Advertisement

But as for your last sentence, it should be noted it was Manny's own deficiency as a recruiter and developer that has now manifested itself into THE CURRENT DEFENSIVE DEPTH CHART. Between Manny's tenure here as BOTH HC and DC, he's responsible for EVERY single person currently on that defense.

Could he make a miraculous 180 and completely change his coaching profile? Sure. I could also, in theory, win the lottery this weekend.
You could also, in theory, openly root for other teams to beat us while mocking anyone who called you a pathetic scum bag turncoat.

Nah, nobody could be that big of a pompous douche then show their face here again afterwards.

This is a great breakdown. I think the concern most of us have isn't Manny as DC, but Manny as head coach AND DC. I'd love to see a breakdown of head coaches who also call plays (preferably on defense) and their relative success rates.

I'd argue the sample size wouldn't be large enough to render the results significant.

Advertisement
I don’t think this can be understated. Not defending Manny, but we all saw week in and week out the offense - or lack thereof - continually put the defense in short fields or other precarious situations.

There's gotta be a way you can factor in opponents average starting field position, which would render yards per play less significant because of the shorter field.

I judge Manny by the eye test. How does Miami look against good offenses? Not very good. On the other side Miami usually looks good defensively against the weaker teams (Duke last year) padding statistics making the defense look statistically better. The attacking style works against less talented teams but gets burnt against high powered offenses.

We have statistics because eye tests are fraught with bias.

1612882758405.gif

We have statistics because eye tests are fraught with bias.
And statistics aren’t CashManureCane? I guess you weren’t here for the Goldy/NoD years when they would throw out some meaningless statistics to try and fool us that NoD was good at his job! Lmao but us with eyes, especially us who played the game saw right through that complete line of BS! Just like we see right through the espn wonder boys nerd stats because stats can be cherry picked to frame whatever narrative you want in a complete biased way. Of course you and your fellow slurper brigade are incapable of seeing that because of your own AGENDAS. Smh luckily some of us are smart enough to use the age old method of using the good ole “eye test” to evaluate what we’re seeing at what we’re seeing is a defense that lacks any discipline, gap integrity, fundamentals or principles whatsoever. Basically what it looks like is Manure is coaching this defense to run around like a chicken with its head cut off in little Havana for the sake of getting TFL one play but the very next play giving up a 15 to 20 yard run. It’s Mickey Mouse amateur hour top to bottom and no “stats” are gonna change that. Smh

Advertisement
Back