Upon Further Review: Manny Diaz as DC

Advertisement
giphy.gif

I swear I really really want to be optimistic but I just can't get past agreeing with most of what Franchise, Nick, Jedi, and others are saying. I just don't see Manny taking us to sustained success. Is it possible he gets struck by a playoffs lightning bolt? sure, but there's no way he's the guy to return Miami to the dominance of the old days. No way. He is not that guy, and you're kidding yourself if you think he is. RVA is right, hopefully Manny stacks the **** out of this team for whoever it is that replaces him. There will be no Ark in the box Manny opens. All we can hope is that Fake won't be the one making the next hire.

What I always say: Stats are for when you want to point out something other than the obvious.

And statistics aren’t CashManureCane? I guess you weren’t here for the Goldy/NoD years when they would throw out some meaningless statistics to try and fool us that NoD was good at his job! Lmao but us with eyes, especially us who played the game saw right through that complete line of BS! Just like we see right through the espn wonder boys nerd stats because stats can be cherry picked to frame whatever narrative you want in a complete biased way. Of course you and your fellow slurper brigade are incapable of seeing that because of your own AGENDAS. Smh luckily some of us are smart enough to use the age old method of using the good ole “eye test” to evaluate what we’re seeing at what we’re seeing is a defense that lacks any discipline, gap integrity, fundamentals or principles whatsoever. Basically what it looks like is Manure is coaching this defense to run around like a chicken with its head cut off in little Havana for the sake of getting TFL one play but the very next play giving up a 15 to 20 yard run. It’s Mickey Mouse amateur hour top to bottom and no “stats” are gonna change that. Smh

You and I both know you couldn't hold yourself for five seconds in an actual discussion about statistics.

Go back to negging all my posts, which is all you're capable of, loser.

Typical @NicKane post:

And statistics aren’t CashManureCane? I guess you weren’t here for the Goldy/NoD years when they would throw out some meaningless statistics to try and fool us that NoD was good at his job! Lmao but us with eyes, especially us who played the game saw right through that complete line of BS! Just like we see right through the espn wonder boys nerd stats because stats can be cherry picked to frame whatever narrative you want in a complete biased way. Of course you and your fellow slurper brigade are incapable of seeing that because of your own AGENDAS. Smh luckily some of us are smart enough to use the age old method of using the good ole “eye test” to evaluate what we’re seeing at what we’re seeing is a defense that lacks any discipline, gap integrity, fundamentals or principles whatsoever. Basically what it looks like is Manure is coaching this defense to run around like a chicken with its head cut off in little Havana for the sake of getting TFL one play but the very next play giving up a 15 to 20 yard run. It’s Mickey Mouse amateur hour top to bottom and no “stats” are gonna change that. Smh blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah And statistics aren’t CashManureCane? I guess you weren’t here for the Goldy/NoD years when they would throw out some meaningless statistics to try and fool us that NoD was good at his job! Lmao but us with eyes, especially us who played the game saw right through that complete line of BS! Just like we see right through the espn wonder boys nerd stats because stats can be cherry picked to frame whatever narrative you want in a complete biased way. Of course you and your fellow slurper brigade are incapable of seeing that because of your own AGENDAS. Smh luckily some of us are smart enough to use the age old method of using the good ole “eye test” to evaluate what we’re seeing at what we’re seeing is a defense that lacks any discipline, gap integrity, fundamentals or principles whatsoever. Basically what it looks like is Manure is coaching this defense to run around like a chicken with its head cut off in little Havana for the sake of getting TFL one play but the very next play giving up a 15 to 20 yard run. It’s Mickey Mouse amateur hour top to bottom and no “stats” are gonna change that. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah HATE MANNY HATE MANNY blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah HATE MANNY HATE MANNY And statistics aren’t CashManureCane? I guess you weren’t here for the Goldy/NoD years when they would throw out some meaningless statistics to try and fool us that NoD was good at his job! Lmao but us with eyes, especially us who played the game saw right through that complete line of BS! Just like we see right through the espn wonder boys nerd stats because stats can be cherry picked to frame whatever narrative you want in a complete biased way. Of course you and your fellow slurper brigade are incapable of seeing that because of your own AGENDAS. Smh luckily some of us are smart enough to use the age old method of using the good ole “eye test” to evaluate what we’re seeing at what we’re seeing is a defense that lacks any discipline, gap integrity, fundamentals or principles whatsoever. Basically what it looks like is Manure is coaching this defense to run around like a chicken with its head cut off in little Havana for the sake of getting TFL one play but the very next play giving up a 15 to 20 yard run. It’s Mickey Mouse amateur hour top to bottom and no “stats” are gonna change that. Smh blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah And statistics aren’t CashManureCane? I guess you weren’t here for the Goldy/NoD years when they would throw out some meaningless statistics to try and fool us that NoD was good at his job! Lmao but us with eyes, especially us who played the game saw right through that complete line of BS! Just like we see right through the espn wonder boys nerd stats because stats can be cherry picked to frame whatever narrative you want in a complete biased way. Of course you and your fellow slurper brigade are incapable of seeing that because of your own AGENDAS. Smh luckily some of us are smart enough to use the age old method of using the good ole “eye test” to evaluate what we’re seeing at what we’re seeing is a defense that lacks any discipline, gap integrity, fundamentals or principles whatsoever. Basically what it looks like is Manure is coaching this defense to run around like a chicken with its head cut off in little Havana for the sake of getting TFL one play but the very next play giving up a 15 to 20 yard run. It’s Mickey Mouse amateur hour top to bottom and no “stats” are gonna change that. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah HATE MANNY HATE MANNY blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah HATE MANNY HATE MANNY

Typical @NicKane post:

And statistics aren’t CashManureCane? I guess you weren’t here for the Goldy/NoD years when they would throw out some meaningless statistics to try and fool us that NoD was good at his job! Lmao but us with eyes, especially us who played the game saw right through that complete line of BS! Just like we see right through the espn wonder boys nerd stats because stats can be cherry picked to frame whatever narrative you want in a complete biased way. Of course you and your fellow slurper brigade are incapable of seeing that because of your own AGENDAS. Smh luckily some of us are smart enough to use the age old method of using the good ole “eye test” to evaluate what we’re seeing at what we’re seeing is a defense that lacks any discipline, gap integrity, fundamentals or principles whatsoever. Basically what it looks like is Manure is coaching this defense to run around like a chicken with its head cut off in little Havana for the sake of getting TFL one play but the very next play giving up a 15 to 20 yard run. It’s Mickey Mouse amateur hour top to bottom and no “stats” are gonna change that. Smh blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah And statistics aren’t CashManureCane? I guess you weren’t here for the Goldy/NoD years when they would throw out some meaningless statistics to try and fool us that NoD was good at his job! Lmao but us with eyes, especially us who played the game saw right through that complete line of BS! Just like we see right through the espn wonder boys nerd stats because stats can be cherry picked to frame whatever narrative you want in a complete biased way. Of course you and your fellow slurper brigade are incapable of seeing that because of your own AGENDAS. Smh luckily some of us are smart enough to use the age old method of using the good ole “eye test” to evaluate what we’re seeing at what we’re seeing is a defense that lacks any discipline, gap integrity, fundamentals or principles whatsoever. Basically what it looks like is Manure is coaching this defense to run around like a chicken with its head cut off in little Havana for the sake of getting TFL one play but the very next play giving up a 15 to 20 yard run. It’s Mickey Mouse amateur hour top to bottom and no “stats” are gonna change that. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah HATE MANNY HATE MANNY blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah HATE MANNY HATE MANNY And statistics aren’t CashManureCane? I guess you weren’t here for the Goldy/NoD years when they would throw out some meaningless statistics to try and fool us that NoD was good at his job! Lmao but us with eyes, especially us who played the game saw right through that complete line of BS! Just like we see right through the espn wonder boys nerd stats because stats can be cherry picked to frame whatever narrative you want in a complete biased way. Of course you and your fellow slurper brigade are incapable of seeing that because of your own AGENDAS. Smh luckily some of us are smart enough to use the age old method of using the good ole “eye test” to evaluate what we’re seeing at what we’re seeing is a defense that lacks any discipline, gap integrity, fundamentals or principles whatsoever. Basically what it looks like is Manure is coaching this defense to run around like a chicken with its head cut off in little Havana for the sake of getting TFL one play but the very next play giving up a 15 to 20 yard run. It’s Mickey Mouse amateur hour top to bottom and no “stats” are gonna change that. Smh blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah And statistics aren’t CashManureCane? I guess you weren’t here for the Goldy/NoD years when they would throw out some meaningless statistics to try and fool us that NoD was good at his job! Lmao but us with eyes, especially us who played the game saw right through that complete line of BS! Just like we see right through the espn wonder boys nerd stats because stats can be cherry picked to frame whatever narrative you want in a complete biased way. Of course you and your fellow slurper brigade are incapable of seeing that because of your own AGENDAS. Smh luckily some of us are smart enough to use the age old method of using the good ole “eye test” to evaluate what we’re seeing at what we’re seeing is a defense that lacks any discipline, gap integrity, fundamentals or principles whatsoever. Basically what it looks like is Manure is coaching this defense to run around like a chicken with its head cut off in little Havana for the sake of getting TFL one play but the very next play giving up a 15 to 20 yard run. It’s Mickey Mouse amateur hour top to bottom and no “stats” are gonna change that. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah HATE MANNY HATE MANNY blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah HATE MANNY HATE MANNY

Inadequately prolix to be representative of that douche, but overall apt.

Advertisement
giphy.gif

I swear I really really want to be optimistic but I just can't get past agreeing with most of what Franchise, Nick, Jedi, and others are saying. I just don't see Manny taking us to sustained success. Is it possible he gets struck by a playoffs lightning bolt? sure, but there's no way he's the guy to return Miami to the dominance of the old days. No way. He is not that guy, and you're kidding yourself if you think he is. RVA is right, hopefully Manny stacks the **** out of this team for whoever it is that replaces him. There will be no Ark in the box Manny opens. All we can hope is that Fake won't be the one making the next hire.

What I always say: Stats are for when you want to point out something other than the obvious.

People that "always say stats are..." usually don't understand statistics, at all.

Here's what the vast majority of you don't understand about statistics: the strength of the data increases as the amount of data increases.

Almost everything we look at regarding football is a relatively small sample size. Three seasons really is not that many games, on a statistical basis.

BUT, it all boils down to one of two scenarios:

1) The statistics are indicative of the actual trend. The stats say Manny is a good DC, and the more games that are played, on average, the more that hypothesis will be proven, -OR-
2) The statistics are an aberration, a fluke, an anomaly, and will be subject to regression to the mean, at best.

While always holding reservation, I'm inclined to believe in the data as I see it.

giphy.gif

Loking past a huge sample size because it doesn’t meet someone’s eye test is patently absurd.

Loking past a huge sample size because it doesn’t meet someone’s eye test is patently absurd.

Not to be deliberately contrarian, but I don't think we have anything near a "huge" sample size regarding Diaz as DC. Bud Foster at VT would be a huge sample size. And even at that, there are so, so many issues with applying stats to football that it will always be problematic.

I believe in the data as it exists and is indicative of potential performance over the long term, but there are far too many exogenous factors to have any real assurance in my view.

Advertisement
Typical @NicKane post:

I got a little dizzy, but did you mention the banner?

Not to be deliberately contrarian, but I don't think we have anything near a "huge" sample size regarding Diaz as DC. Bud Foster at VT would be a huge sample size. And even at that, there are so, so many issues with applying stats to football that it will always be problematic.

I believe in the data as it exists and is indicative of potential performance over the long term, but there are far too many exogenous factors to have any real assurance in my view.

After 45-50 games you are what you are, good or bad.

After 45-50 games you are what you are, good or bad.

Correct. But that doesn't make it a huge sample size.

If we flip a coin three times, and that's all we'll ever get, and they're heads all three times, it doesn't make it a large sample size, nor does it make it indicative of the reality of the underlying trend.

Typical @NicKane post:

No offense, but as with all Nik’s other porsts, I didn’t read all of this either.

Advertisement
If I go 50-5 as a fighter and 45 of my fights are wins against 3 year old girls.. does that make me a good fighter? Cause my record sure says I am. Looking past the obvious because you can find a stat that says something else is just as absurd.

Advertisement
If I go 50-5 as a fighter and 45 of my fights are wins against 3 year old girls.. does that make me a good fighter? Cause my record sure says I am. Looking past the obvious because you can find a stat that says something else is just as absurd.

I’ll keep this in mind when we switch to the Tamiami Pee Wee league from a Power 5 conference.

Were your 5 losses to 3 year olds girls as well ?
You want to make a $1K cash bet that Manny is removed from his head coach position at Miami football before he wins a national championship at Miami in football as the head coach?

Advertisement
Back