Updates

No they are definitely not meaningless. What is your context or experience to substantiate your position?

I’m an attorney. The range of compensation that would be considered fair market value in this particular instance is extremely wide, making the provision pretty meaningless. Beside that point, the other poster in this discussion already confirmed that such a provision was not in his contract.

Advertisement
Major Applewhite as an OC has not proven himself in any capacity. His offense at Bama was not anything to get excited about. Neither were his offenses at Texas. At Houston, they had really good offenses, BUT that was Herman moreso than Major, and that was in the AAC where they play less defense than in the Big12.

Some coaches get credit for learning and being tutored under bad *** OC's.......and other get bashed for it.

Depends on which argument ya wanna make.

Applewhite has been around great offensive coaches. Several of them. He's also called plays with great success. He's not my #1 but to say he is unproven is just wrong my friend.

Advertisement
The market usually determines worth. If UNC feels as if he is not getting value then I probably a judge.

Exactly, and the range that would be determined is exceptionally wide.

Besides, as you’ve already said, that provision is not in his contract.

Some coaches get credit for learning and being tutored under bad *** OC's.......and other get bashed for it.

Depends on which argument ya wanna make.

Applewhite has been around great offensive coaches. Several of them. He's also called plays with great success. He's not my #1 but to say he is unproven is just wrong my friend.
That jacket thing was a real corch look though.

B9A1EAFC-C809-4762-B1D2-AD825E051053.jpeg

Advertisement
I hope if we can’t/don’t hire Fedora Manny stops,slows down and does a decent search.I understand his wanting to get an OC in place to get a staff hired but I don’t want just anyone for the sake of saying we have one.

Advertisement
I’m an attorney. The range of compensation that would be considered fair market value in this particular instance is extremely wide, making the provision pretty meaningless. Beside that point, the other poster in this discussion already confirmed that such a provision was not in his contract.
Right but $1 isn’t fmv. We’d implicitly defer to UNC with a nominal amount

Advertisement
The procsss to substantiate is usually determined by using empirical data for similar positions at similar programs / companies within a certain standard deviation. If it does not, UNC could litigate for the delta. This is a very well worn path with enormous case precendenf in employment law.

I know that, and as I’ve said, the range is quite wide, even for OC positions at P5 schools.

Again, that clause is not in his contract, so this argument doesn’t matter. Miami could pay him nothing if they wanted to.

Advertisement
Back