Updates from Rivals- Rudolph, Kaaya, Nicholson

Rudolph and Miami is/was a bizarre situation.

I don't understand how you can like Miami enough to commit to them, and then not only decommit over some trivial name tag issue and then later come out with a top 5 that doesn't even have them in it, even though I'm sure the staff has tried 100 times to explain what happened and where they see him playing.

You really think he decommitted over a name tag? Lol. He decommitted because he had Paul Williams telling him he's going to be the next Antrell Rolle & Carrol tellin him he's the next Andre Johnson. Staff wanted him at defense, kid wanted to play wr. We mishandled the situation.

Not agreeing with either but how can you be so sure to dismiss his opinion and claim yours as fact? No one knows the real story in recruiting unless you are on the staff.

Advertisement
What incentive does Rudolph have to pass off that story to the media? How does that maximize his utility?

Kid has a pro-Miami family & coach. I still think he is a fan of the hurricanes, he just doesn't trust the staff.

To each their own, you don't really have any reason to believe him. But how come the staff is presumed innocent while the blame goes on Rudolph for the situation?

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't understand how you can like Miami enough to commit to them, and then not only decommit over some trivial name tag issue and then later come out with a top 5 that doesn't even have them in it, even though I'm sure the staff has tried 100 times to explain what happened and where they see him playing.

You really think he decommitted over a name tag? Lol. He decommitted because he had Paul Williams telling him he's going to be the next Antrell Rolle & Carrol tellin him he's the next Andre Johnson. Staff wanted him at defense, kid wanted to play wr. We mishandled the situation.

Not agreeing with either but how can you be so sure to dismiss his opinion and claim yours as fact? No one knows the real story in recruiting unless you are on the staff.
Glory always put the blame on Miami corches...

Nothing to see here.

Lane, Rudolph, Holmes and Dixon...

Are we really going to walk with just one of the 4 WR this year?

Makes my heart hurt.

Langham was a great get.

Nothing to see here.

Right....and anyone under 150 posts that disagrees with any idiotic sentiment all the posters on here put out is a troll. Good?

/ I would like to know the other times I blamed the coaches. I certainly bashed them like a lot of posters for taking Jackson, & for dedicing Berrios > Mckenzie, Parker.

Advertisement

Makes my heart hurt.

Langham was a great get.

Langham, Dixon, & Berrios would be A+. Landing all of our top targets

Kid was looking for any reason to decommit and we gave him one. Doubt he would have stuck if we told him WR from day 1. Just another case of a kid committing to the first school to show him interest only to change his mind when other offers came in.

Advertisement
Too many stud WRs to worry about one guy, but Rudolph is going to he a superstar IMO.

Too bad. Expected, but still unfortunate.

Kid was looking for any reason to decommit and we gave him one. Doubt he would have stuck if we told him WR from day 1. Just another case of a kid committing to the first school to show him interest only to change his mind when other offers came in.

Exactly. He was all about us for about a week. It was another excellent early find by our staff but once word got out, he immediately wavered. It was probably about a month IIRC.

Exactly. He was all about us for about a week. It was another excellent early find by our staff but once word got out, he immediately wavered. It was probably about a month IIRC.

Didn't we find Collins as well? (Not trying to derail thread)

Didn't we find Collins as well? (Not trying to derail thread)

Yep

Advertisement

Makes my heart hurt.

Langham was a great get.

Langham, Dixon, & Berrios would be A+. Landing all of our top targets

Berrios is ahead of S FL players?

Holmes, Rudolph, lane and Dixon (can do both) are outside guys. Berrios is projected primarily as a slot at the next level. Not much difference talent wise between Dixon, Rudolph, and lane. Just different physical builds. Holmes is a great WR, but he was never really interested, can't fault the staff for that. You offer top kids, gauge interest and move on if there's none. Langham was a great get. Unheralded kid, interested to see how he performs this year.

Reminds me of a mix of Sidney Rice and Allen Hurns

Last edited by a moderator:

Makes my heart hurt.

Langham was a great get.

Out of those 4 we maybe only really had a chance at just Dixon. Holmes didnt want to stay home, Lane wants to play early and we have crazy depth and Rudolph the more i think of it was going to decommit anyway so no point in worrying

Makes my heart hurt.

Langham was a great get.

Out of those 4 we maybe only really had a chance at just Dixon. Holmes didnt want to stay home, Lane wants to play early and we have crazy depth and Rudolph the more i think of it was going to decommit anyway so no point in worrying

IMO, S FL talent > talent from anywhere else. Kid from S FL = we have a chance. Unless there is illegal recruiting going on or the player is some redicolous legacy like Kelvin Taylor, we have a chance.

Ultimately, recruiting is selling. I love Al Golden, just want to see more S FL talent stay home. I want more sales! If the NCAA ever finally ***** off then selling will be a lot easier.

Advertisement

Makes my heart hurt.

Langham was a great get.

IMO, S FL talent > talent from anywhere else. Kid from S FL = we have a chance. Unless there is illegal recruiting going on or the player is some redicolous legacy like Kelvin Taylor, we have a chance.

Ultimately, recruiting is selling. I love Al Golden, just want to see more S FL talent stay home. I want more sales! If the NCAA ever finally ****s off then selling will be a lot easier.

You have a chance but when every college is going to every local school here you wont get everybody its impossible

Makes my heart hurt.

Langham was a great get.

Ultimately, recruiting is selling. I love Al Golden, just want to see more S FL talent stay home. I want more sales! If the NCAA ever finally ****s off then selling will be a lot easier.

You have a chance but when every college is going to every local school here you wont get everybody its impossible

No, you'll never get everyone. I never said that we should be getting everyone; some players we don't want or aren't worth the trouble. All I'm getting at is I want to see a higher % of S FL prospects choosing Miami.

And please nobody get me wrong, I love Al Golden and I hope I'm having the all you can eat crow buffet this February.

Go Canes

Nothing to see here.

Right....and anyone under 150 posts that disagrees with any idiotic sentiment all the posters on here put out is a troll. Good?

/ I would like to know the other times I blamed the coaches. I certainly bashed them like a lot of posters for taking Jackson, & for dedicing Berrios > Mckenzie, Parker.

When the subject is what a recruit say to the press(corches can´t defend themselves), you are always pro them.... always. But it´s your opinion. No need to call another view idiotic just because they think kids mishandle situations, too. No one will ever know the other side(coach) of the history.

Paul Williams telling him he's going to be the next Antrell Rolle & Carrol tellin him he's the next Andre Johnson. Staff wanted him at defense, kid wanted to play wr. We mishandled the situation.
Look what you wrote: so, you have a DB and WR coach fighting to have you and comparing with greats like Andre Johnson and A. Rolle and this is a bad thing? Even worse, after write this(DB and WR coach fighting for him) you afirm we wanted him only at defense? How can you be so sure about this after what youve wrote?

BTW, TP800 is repping you... congrats!

Advertisement
Back