Updates from Rivals- Rudolph, Kaaya, Nicholson

TriStarCane

Coaching Carousel 2029
Travis Rudolph:Per Rivals, Travis Rudolph has named a Top 5 of Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Ohio State and Vanderbilt. He said he will still consider Tennessee, Auburn and Georgia.

http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1541483

Montae Nicholson:
Nicholson, a 4* safety prospect from NJ was told by Michigan that they are going in another direction and he no longer has a spot. Michigan was considered a likely destination for him. Florida State, Georgia Tech, Miami (Fla.), Michigan State, Oregon, Penn State, Pitt, Stanford, Temple, Virginia Tech, and West Virginia remain in his top group.
http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1541472

Brad Kaaya
-HBK recently spotted at USC but says there was nothing to it; he was there to spend time with Donovan Lee who has interest in the Trojans
-Says pledge to Canes is still strong and he's not focused on other schools
-Going to focus on senior year and then offical visit to Miami
-Chaminade's offense will change from a ground based game to a more up-tempo passing attack this year.
http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1541459

Other 'notes'
For the ranking junkies, two kids that Miami has been in contact with have been ranked as early 5 star players for Rivals. Minkah Fitzpatrick from St. Peter's Prep in NJ and Tarvarus McFadden from American Heritage. Both are listed as corners.

http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1540374

Advertisement
If there was a must get for the next class its Tarvarus McFadden. That boy is a game changer.

McFadden is the kid infatuated with the SEC, talked **** about a Miami camp, and didn't fully participate at FSU's camp because of a blister, allegedly.

Travis Rudolph not coming here was obvious ever since he decommitted.... talked **** about the coaching staff and had an Amari Cooper like attitude at the BBQ.

Tarvarus McFadden aint coming here either w/ how *** he was sounding b/c UM measured him at 6'0" instead of 6'3".

Advertisement
Rudolph and Miami is/was a bizarre situation.

Its sad because sure UM shouldve been more clear from the jump about him being a cb at first but to drop them completely is just stupid as ****. UM was the first school to even notice him and even if they don't agree on a position it's not like they called him a tight end I mean he probably could've been a stud at cb. Through it all I wish him good luck but to say that 1 incident completely turned him off when nobody was seeing him before this summer? Yeah, weak

I don't understand how you can like Miami enough to commit to them, and then not only decommit over some trivial name tag issue but then later come out with a top 5 that doesn't even have them in it, even though I'm sure the staff has tried 100 times to explain what happened and where they see him playing.

Last edited:
If there was a must get for the next class its Tarvarus McFadden. That boy is a game changer.

Not even the best 2015 corner in Broward. Rivals has been higher on McFadden than others after he went to their camp.

Advertisement
lol @ McFadden thinking he's 6'3, I saw him play this weekend in person. He's around the 5'10, 6'0 range

Travis Rudolph not coming here was obvious ever since he decommitted.... talked **** about the coaching staff and had an Amari Cooper like attitude at the BBQ.

Tarvarus McFadden aint coming here either w/ how *** he was sounding b/c UM measured him at 6'0" instead of 6'3".

I don't understand how you can like Miami enough to commit to them, and then not only decommit over some trivial name tag issue and then later come out with a top 5 that doesn't even have them in it, even though I'm sure the staff has tried 100 times to explain what happened and where they see him playing.

You really think he decommitted over a name tag? Lol. He decommitted because he had Paul Williams telling him he's going to be the next Antrell Rolle & Carrol tellin him he's the next Andre Johnson. Staff wanted him at defense, kid wanted to play wr. We mishandled the situation.

McFadden is a legit 6'1. High top puts him at 6'3, at the opening next year he will measure in at 6'1.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't understand how you can like Miami enough to commit to them, and then not only decommit over some trivial name tag issue and then later come out with a top 5 that doesn't even have them in it, even though I'm sure the staff has tried 100 times to explain what happened and where they see him playing.

You really think he decommitted over a name tag? Lol. He decommitted because he had Paul Williams telling him he's going to be the next Antrell Rolle & Carrol tellin him he's the next Andre Johnson. Staff wanted him at defense, kid wanted to play wr. We mishandled the situation.

I mean, sure they couldve handled it better but let's be real he wasn't that good back then because the offers didnt come until he killed it at camps all over. Same way that no other school except for UF was looking at him he could get upset at UM but get over it. He even said in an interview that the staff wanted him later at wr and kept contact so I just dont blame them

Advertisement
Yeah someone thinking that you are talented enough to be the next Antrell Rolle and/or Andre Johnson is such a terrible thing to hear. ::alien::

Rudolph wasnt that good back then? Give me a break. I watched his soph highlights and was wondering why the **** this kid wasnt being talked about more. Kid goes to the camp circuit after his junior year and his ranking shoots up 100+ spots. Underexposed as a soph/jr doesn't equal "wasnt that good". Also, the offers came after his junior year tape when college coaches got their hands on it. Before the camp circuit. More offers I.e Bama rolled in when he was a "soft" commit & the chances of him sticking were unlikely. After a year of telling a WR & CB, making him confused about his future, then after he decommits we say strictly WR.....that's acceptable? Lol

Yeah someone thinking that you are talented enough to be the next Antrell Rolle and/or Andre Johnson is such a terrible thing to hear. ::alien::

That's not the point, but you obviously didnt grasp what the focus of the post was.

Advertisement

I mean, sure they couldve handled it better but let's be real he wasn't that good back then because the offers didnt come until he killed it at camps all over. Same way that no other school except for UF was looking at him he could get upset at UM but get over it. He even said in an interview that the staff wanted him later at wr and kept contact so I just dont blame them

What makes it even more perplexing is his coach is a Miami guy (Walsh) and his dad is all Miami. His dad told a friend of mine, "Man I wish I could convince him to come down here (Miami)"

Rudolph wasnt that good back then? Give me a break. I watched his soph highlights and was wondering why the **** this kid wasnt being talked about more. Kid goes to the camp circuit after his junior year and his ranking shoots up 100+ spots. Underexposed as a soph/jr doesn't equal "wasnt that good". Also, the offers came after his junior year tape when college coaches got their hands on it. Before the camp circuit. More offers I.e Bama rolled in when he was a "soft" commit & the chances of him sticking were unlikely. After a year of telling a WR & CB, making him confused about his future, then after he decommits we say strictly WR.....that's acceptable? Lol

Not saying he sucked. just he didnt get that attention before. Now that I see what you said again yeah you're right lol I would be confused too about my future my bad on that

Had enough of Rudolph. I think we overlook the impact of the staff's no crap tolerance. Whatever keeps getting kids thrown off the team can also be affecting recruiting. It clearly is not just getting to THE U anymore, it is U Tough and then staying at THE U these kids have to consider. This is not the SEC or OSU where you can get away with anything you want. Clearly, you must answer for your actions at THE U. That is something a lot of kids just will not sign on for. It hurts to lose good player, but I like what I am seeing. We saw what playing favorites did to our program, now we will find out for the opposite will do. We could end up with 60 or 70 Figs in a couple years. Lot to be said for a team full of steel hard Marines.

What makes it even more perplexing is his coach is a Miami guy (Walsh) and his dad is all Miami. His dad told a friend of mine, "Man I wish I could convince him to come down here (Miami)"

The thing that makes it weird is to me it seems like the issue might not be that big to his dad. Maybe he never wanted to be a Cane and it was just to make his dad happy ever know

Advertisement
Back