Updates from Rivals- Rudolph, Kaaya, Nicholson

Advertisement
I didnt run down the whole story, but on Rudolph's side he thought Miami wanted to put him at DB once he got on campus. But as you said, you have no right to believe the recruits. To each their own, like I said earlier. You still didnt name other examples.

TP800 also likes most of D$ posts....so ill take the compliment. If you want more posts of me bashing the staff refer here:

http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/54175-Darrell-Langham-Breakdown?highlight=Darrell+Langham

http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/53877-Trayone-Gray-Breakdown?highlight=trayone+gray

Last edited by a moderator:
I didnt run down the whole story, but on Rudolph's side he thought Miami wanted to put him at DB once he got on campus. But as you said, you have no right to believe the recruits. To each their own, like I said earlier. You still didnt name other examples.

TP800 also likes most of D$ posts....so ill take the compliment. If you want more posts of me bashing the staff refer here:

http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/54175-Darrell-Langham-Breakdown?highlight=Darrell+Langham

http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/53877-Trayone-Gray-Breakdown?highlight=trayone+gray
There´s no way I will be searching your posts History. Next decommit/controversy... will be easy to find.

Now I know how TP800 still post here

I´m out

Last edited:
Rudolph and Miami is/was a bizarre situation.

I don't understand how you can like Miami enough to commit to them, and then not only decommit over some trivial name tag issue and then later come out with a top 5 that doesn't even have them in it, even though I'm sure the staff has tried 100 times to explain what happened and where they see him playing.

You really think he decommitted over a name tag? Lol. He decommitted because he had Paul Williams telling him he's going to be the next Antrell Rolle & Carrol tellin him he's the next Andre Johnson. Staff wanted him at defense, kid wanted to play wr. We mishandled the situation.

I know it was bigger than the name tag but that was just a manifestation of the mixed messages being sent by the coaches. There was miscommunication somewhere along the line between the HC and his assistants that anyone reasonable should have understood especially if it was made clear to him that while a defensive coach wants him at CB, he's going to come in as a WR.

Honestly, this sounds more like a kid who was looking for a reason to back out of his commitment and this made for a convenient excuse.

If he wanted to play WR, but was being told he was coming in as a CB? That's news he might not like, but that doesn't make the staff "untrustworthy." And if he really wanted to go to UM it's an issue that could have been sorted out in 2 minutes.

Advertisement
****, it's surprising and disappointing that we are losing two S Fla studs whose families are apparently big-time UM fans.

though, i'd rather be out of it now. having them string us along until signing day and potentially harm our chances of replacement recruits is far worse.

Honestly, this sounds more like a kid who was looking for a reason to back out of his commitment and this made for a convenient excuse.

If he wanted to play WR, but was being told he was coming in as a CB? That's news he might not like, but that doesn't make the staff "untrustworthy." And if he really wanted to go to UM it's an issue that could have been sorted out in 2 minutes.

Rudolph already apologized publicly for saying things that weren't true. So yeah, obviously he was looking for an excuse but at least he manned up to it I suppose.

He doesn't want to be here. Oh well.

****, it's surprising and disappointing that we are losing two S Fla studs whose families are apparently big-time UM fans.

though, i'd rather be out of it now. having them string us along until signing day and potentially harm our chances of replacement recruits is far worse.

I'm going to take some suspense out of it for you but......

Its going to happen again next year. And the year after.....and the.....

Advertisement
Yeah someone thinking that you are talented enough to be the next Antrell Rolle and/or Andre Johnson is such a terrible thing to hear. ::alien::

That's not the point, but you obviously didnt grasp what the focus of the post was.

You said the staff wanted him at defense but the kid wanted to play receiver, which doesnt sound right....... Rudolph is a clown, thats what really happened.

First UM offered him and he committed as a junior he did so knowing that originally that offer was for defense. He didnt turn into a *** until this year when other schools started showing interest.... and when he made it clear that he rather play receiver, the staff basically said w/ the comparisons in my op, that you are talented enough to be great at either position but Miami just wants you period.

Then Rudolph turned into a ****** and acted like that was some sort of sign that he couldnt trust the staff??? WTF who comes to that conclusion b/c the staff wanted you at defense first, but sine you started crying about only wanting to play receiver, they said ok fine? Rudolph just used Miami for extra offers.

Last edited:
lol @ McFadden thinking he's 6'3, I saw him play this weekend in person. He's around the 5'10, 6'0 range

Travis Rudolph not coming here was obvious ever since he decommitted.... talked **** about the coaching staff and had an Amari Cooper like attitude at the BBQ.

Tarvarus McFadden aint coming here either w/ how *** he was sounding b/c UM measured him at 6'0" instead of 6'3".

Both McFadden's are the same height 6'2". He proved his talent at the rivals 5star challenge in chicago.

Lane, Rudolph, Holmes and Dixon...

Are we really going to walk with just one of the 4 WR this year?

Makes my heart hurt.

Langham was a great get.

Out of those 4 we maybe only really had a chance at just Dixon. Holmes didnt want to stay home, Lane wants to play early and we have crazy depth and Rudolph the more i think of it was going to decommit anyway so no point in worrying

IMO, S FL talent > talent from anywhere else. Kid from S FL = we have a chance. Unless there is illegal recruiting going on or the player is some redicolous legacy like Kelvin Taylor, we have a chance.

Ultimately, recruiting is selling. I love Al Golden, just want to see more S FL talent stay home. I want more sales! If the NCAA ever finally ****s off then selling will be a lot easier.

You have a chance but when every college is going to every local school here you wont get everybody its impossible

No, you'll never get everyone. I never said that we should be getting everyone; some players we don't want or aren't worth the trouble. All I'm getting at is I want to see a higher % of S FL prospects choosing Miami.

Its starts with wins. If Miami goes out and wins 10+ games this year, there is no telling what we do down here. But the days of wining 6 and 7 games and hoping every South Florida kid WANTS to be at Miami are over. Why should a kid come here with looming sanctions, average on field product, halt empty stadium, not the most lavish facilities (better than they used to be)? Miami has to win because it will put more people in the stands and kids will look past everything else if they have a chance to win, be super stars in their home town and go pro. But take Amari Cooper for example, he saw all those NW kids come to Miami, flame out, get trashed by Miami fans and media. He saw at Bama he could go there and become a star and win championships. Things are looking up right now, but you have to produce or we will continue to miss on a lot of kids down here.

Unless we win. We will always lose some guys but the more we win, the less we will lose out on.

Advertisement

Unless we win. We will always lose some guys but the more we win, the less we will lose out on.

Of course. No debate here. Still, even if we win a Championship, we won't land everyone in our back yard. Remember when people used to whine because we were so ******* deep that guys didn't want to play here?

Yeah. I miss those days.

Recruiting has changed and kids are different these days, and seemingly every school in the country targets South Florida. We gotta have ammo (namely us being back on the map)

What incentive does Rudolph have to pass off that story to the media? How does that maximize his utility?

Kid has a pro-Miami family & coach. I still think he is a fan of the hurricanes, he just doesn't trust the staff.

To each their own, you don't really have any reason to believe him. But how come the staff is presumed innocent while the blame goes on Rudolph for the situation?

If he's that paranoid he needs counseling. Not going to work out for him in life if that lame **** tweaked him that badly.

Advertisement
Who you guys got.... Dixon, Rudolph, Lane, Holmes, Langham & Berrios, Mckenzie, Lamar Parker (btw WR).

Slot - Berrios, Mckenzie, Parker
Outside guys - Rudolph, Lane, Dixon, Langham, Holmes

Top 4 guys I think all can be potential #1 receivers at the next level

I don't think Jojo, McCray, etc. are at the same level yet.

Advertisement
Back